S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 01-20-2023, 12:45 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Mike…you did not contact me.
Old 01-21-2023, 05:44 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Sorry, Deb. I didn't get with the DE/NJ guys this trip either. It was in and out for Mom's funeral.
Next time..
Old 01-21-2023, 07:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

I guess I missed that Mike, I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:40 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

We didn't have much going on this weekend, except our usual routines. I figured we had been home too long, so yesterday we headed out to the restaurant I mentioned elsewhere. If we go mid afternoon, we have a late AM snack and skip dinner. It was good to get out even though the weather is still so darn gray and gloomy.

Today our usual routines, and I tossed in a bit of cleaning for excitement.
Old 01-22-2023, 10:15 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I'm headed to work tonight, we are expecting a big storm tonight into tomorrow, hoping I get home before it gets too bad.
Old 01-22-2023, 02:57 PM

Received 829 Likes on 427 Posts

We've rented out the cottage on our property but there's not a whole lot of outside storage down there, so my wife kindly gave up one of her garden sheds. It's a cheap, ugly old thing, and really just tin held together with rivets, so I figured I'd frame it out with 2x4s to make it more solid. Trouble was, there was a tree in the way that would make life difficult every step of the way. What to do? Well, it's the weekend, so...

Step 1: Drag shed out from behind tree.

Step 2: Pick up shed.

Step 3: Put shed somewhere slightly more convenient to the tools, totally not paying any attention to the fact you've just boxed in your S, thereby forcing yourself to stay on task and not go for a drive on a sunny day.

It's all framed up now, with new plywood floor. It's still ugly but at least it's more sturdy. At some point I'll take it down the drive to the cottage.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (01-24-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 08:46 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I guess I missed that Mike, I'm sorry to hear that.
Thanks, Jerry.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:37 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Our home is up for sale, we have a conditional offer on the home by prospective purchasers so they need to do a home inspection this weekend. They need three hours to do the inspection, and we have to be out of the home the entire time. They will not allow us to be in the home, which sucks as I would prefer to be here to see what they are searching for. Our home is in good shape and everything has been maintained 100%, my only concern is that many home inspectors are fly by night, and they always need to find something wrong in order to substantiate their $500 fee.

In my daily work I often see the b.s. claims made by home inspectors, so I don't trust them. I am sure there are many competent ones out there but it is a totally unregulated industry so you get a wide mix of home inspectors. On the new home purchase we are making I am doing my own home inspection , I don't need to hire one and we don't have any financing needed so no mortgage company to require a home inspection for lending requirements. Looking forward to getting this out of the way, all of us need to be out of the home for 3 hours including our cat.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:43 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Our home is up for sale, we have a conditional offer on the home by prospective purchasers so they need to do a home inspection this weekend. They need three hours to do the inspection, and we have to be out of the home the entire time. They will not allow us to be in the home, which sucks as I would prefer to be here to see what they are searching for. Our home is in good shape and everything has been maintained 100%, my only concern is that many home inspectors are fly by night, and they always need to find something wrong in order to substantiate their $500 fee.

In my daily work I often see the b.s. claims made by home inspectors, so I don't trust them. I am sure there are many competent ones out there but it is a totally unregulated industry so you get a wide mix of home inspectors. On the new home purchase we are making I am doing my own home inspection , I don't need to hire one and we don't have any financing needed so no mortgage company to require a home inspection for lending requirements. Looking forward to getting this out of the way, all of us need to be out of the home for 3 hours including our cat.
I don't blame you I wouldn't like that either. I don't see why you can't be present when they do the inspection.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Me to the realtor when they gave us the list of changes they wanted after the home inspection.
" gee I'm glad your guy caught that on the water heater, it's under warranty.
But as for everything else on this wish list, I'm a homeowner not a builder,
If you want it the way it is, that's great, if you don't that's cool too!"

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?