S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 11-02-2022, 06:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

Mike- do you play APA? They're big around here and we often have local teams that go to Vegas for the nationals. I don't play, the whole handicap/rating system just breeds corruption IMHO.

We're leaving around noon today for Pittsburgh and my niece's wedding. We picked up my Mom yesterday so she's riding with us. My other sister is coming out tomorrow with an aunt and cousin. With a stop in the middle, should be under a 6 hour drive.

First time in a while that most of my Mom's side of the family will be together. Should be a fun time.

Old 11-03-2022, 07:37 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
Mike- do you play APA? They're big around here and we often have local teams that go to Vegas for the nationals. I don't play, the whole handicap/rating system just breeds corruption IMHO.

We're leaving around noon today for Pittsburgh and my niece's wedding. We picked up my Mom yesterday so she's riding with us. My other sister is coming out tomorrow with an aunt and cousin. With a stop in the middle, should be under a 6 hour drive.

First time in a while that most of my Mom's side of the family will be together. Should be a fun time.
I do play in an APA league. I really like the format. The handicap system is actually pretty sweet. It encourages matches between opposing players with roughly the same skill level which makes the matches far more interesting. I also like that you play all your games in one match and you are done, unlike other leagues where you play one game against each player on the other team and wait around between your games with nothing to do except go cold.

Hope you have a good time at the wedding. Kiss the bride and shake the groom's hand for me.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:05 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Going for brunch at our favourite B&B , we haven't gone out for brunch for years, should be nice.
Old 11-03-2022, 01:06 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

We did not get to Oktoberfest in Oct so hoping for Novemberfest cookout this Sun or next at our friend’s house, with nephew and family attending.
Old 11-04-2022, 03:00 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Expecting a high of 67 and a high of 70 tomorrow so will be doing some
Don't forget to set your clocks back this should be the last year we do it.
Also a good time to check your smoke and c/o detectors.
The following users liked this post:
poorshoeless (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 04:13 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Expecting a high of 67 and a high of 70 tomorrow so will be doing some
Don't forget to set your clocks back this should be the last year we do it.
Also a good time to check your smoke and c/o detectors.
great advice on the detectors Rob, it is amazing how many people don't do it. Do you think this really is the last time of adjusting clocks ? This is the good one where we gain an hour of sleep, the spring adjustment is much worse for me. Our Province approved ending the time adjustments, but it was always dependent on other states and provinces doing it at the same time, so I gave up hope.
Old 11-04-2022, 04:31 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,010 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
great advice on the detectors Rob, it is amazing how many people don't do it. Do you think this really is the last time of adjusting clocks ? This is the good one where we gain an hour of sleep, the spring adjustment is much worse for me. Our Province approved ending the time adjustments, but it was always dependent on other states and provinces doing it at the same time, so I gave up hope.
Here is one article about the possible ending of the time change.

Daylight Saving Time
Old 11-04-2022, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I thought it was a done deal but reading the article Sue posted apparently it needs to be approved by the House and the President so who knows. Politicians in this country are doing good if they can get their shoes tied in the morning.
Old 11-04-2022, 06:44 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I have to buy an extension ladder today so I can get to one of my smoke detectors. The builder put it up 16' where it is impossible to reach. I've changed it twice in six years off of a large step ladder and still had to stand on the top rung! Have again!!
Old 11-04-2022, 07:42 AM

Be careful.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?