S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 10-28-2022, 06:25 PM

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Sounds like something else is going on Lainey. Anybody flush a baby wipe recently? Those things turn to cement in the line.
No flushing of anything other than what is natural/recommended. They snaked the toilet too. The inspection of the tank answers the questions. Research tells me when a septic system needs service issues with toilet flushing are a common cause.
No response from the septic service company. Hopefully, we will hear from them tomorrow or Monday and may watch water use until then. I can shower at the Y.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:52 PM

Received 4,014 Likes on 3,158 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
No flushing of anything other than what is natural/recommended. They snaked the toilet too. The inspection of the tank answers the questions. Research tells me when a septic system needs service issues with toilet flushing are a common cause.
No response from the septic service company. Hopefully, we will hear from them tomorrow or Monday and may watch water use until then. I can shower at the Y.
They can run a camera through the pipe into the system and scope everything out.
The following users liked this post:
Lainey (10-29-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 09:33 PM

Received 5,342 Likes on 3,178 Posts

Lainey, since you didn't laugh at my comment, I will publicly apologize for it. I was out of line.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Lainey, since you didn't laugh at my comment, I will publicly apologize for it. I was out of line.
i didn’t see it. So here’s my I can take a joke. That’s exactly what I told Rick !!
Pleasant evening with nephews last night. No bathroom issues
robb (10-29-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 07:35 AM

The septic people returned our call. They told us they often get panic calls from people whose plumber suggested an issue with the septic system. If we are not experiencing water back up issues, really slow drains, etc, she doubts the issue is with the system. She suggested Rick check two things and both are OK. They are coming Tuesday to service the tanks. If they find no real issues, there is still the possibility of a blockage in the line which should be easily remedied. Maybe we just need a new toilet, though I know there are not a lot of working parts to go bad in a toilet!

Thankfully, no issues, and four people have showered and used the facility....

Oh and as to weekend plans, last night we had a nice dinner with both nephews, and niece in law (I guess that's what she is), and their dad and his lady friend joined us. All went well. My nephew and his wife got to sleep in this AM, went for their run, and Rick made some tasty omelets for breakfast. With two kids they certainly don't get much down time. Her Mom is in NY with the two cuties.
dlq04 (10-29-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 07:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

after I get off work, couch & football is in my future.
zeroptzero (10-29-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 02:34 PM

Received 3,727 Likes on 2,513 Posts

finally home again, it's been a busy stretch.
I spent the week out in Torrance, CA working with a subcontractor getting them back in line.
Upside I had dinner with Ms. Murphy. I did have a hard time adjusting to time/distance calculations.
We go 10 miles to the grocery store in 12 minutes. Go 3.5 miles out there was a half hour.
and no murph I'm not crapping on California.
Some SOB saw the opportunity and grabbed my work iphone last night at a restaurant.
So I was on the my personal phone for an hour with our IT folks sorting it out.
I really wanted to sleep since I was flying out at 6:05 this morning.
In the end I got about 4 hours before heading to the airport. I'm a walking zombie at the moment.
Upside was flying jetblue Mint each way. It's getting dark, I'll be in bed soon.

JoePhotographer (10-31-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 03:27 PM
tof

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Big pool tournament today. Our team was eliminated when we lost on the last game of the last match against what is reputed to be a really good team. Oh, well. We had fun.
valentine (10-30-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 04:17 AM

Received 779 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I spent the week out in Torrance, CA working with a subcontractor getting them back in line.
Upside I had dinner with Ms. Murphy. I did have a hard time adjusting to time/distance calculations.
We go 10 miles to the grocery store in 12 minutes. Go 3.5 miles out there was a half hour.
Some SOB saw the opportunity and grabbed my work iphone last night at a restaurant.
In the end I got about 4 hours before heading to the airport. I'm a walking zombie at the moment.
Upside was flying jetblue Mint each way. It's getting dark, I'll be in bed soon.
Delighted you got to meet up with Murph. Sorry your phone got snatched and glad you're back home.
Old 10-30-2022, 04:29 AM

Received 4,014 Likes on 3,158 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Was wondering where you were.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?