S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 10-28-2022, 12:47 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

My nephew and his wife (from NY) and my other nephew (from MD) will be here for dinner this evening. In town for a wedding on their side of the family. Right now my toilet is having issues. Plumber has snaked it, removed it, run water through it, and can't find a cause.. They will quickly check the septic tank area, but that should not be the reason. The tank was pumped and inspected last year.

It's re-installed now, but I'm hoping we don't have to run to the local grocery store for a restroom.

And before I could finish this, they removed the septic tank cover and yes, we are in need of service. WTF? We had it serviced last year and the company said no need to have them here every other year, we could go every three. Now a year later it needs service. I fear there could be another issue within the system. , as we've never needed service annually.

Waiting for a call from the septic company, meanwhile we just spent $$$ on a visit from the plumber.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:13 PM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
My nephew and his wife (from NY) and my other nephew (from MD) will be here for dinner this evening. In town for a wedding on their side of the family. Right now my toilet is having issues. Plumber has snaked it, removed it, run water through it, and can't find a cause.. They will quickly check the septic tank area, but that should not be the reason. The tank was pumped and inspected last year.

It's re-installed now, but I'm hoping we don't have to run to the local grocery store for a restroom.

And before I could finish this, they removed the septic tank cover and yes, we are in need of service. WTF? We had it serviced last year and the company said no need to have them here every other year, we could go every three. Now a year later it needs service. I fear there could be another issue within the system. , as we've never needed service annually.

Waiting for a call from the septic company, meanwhile we just spent $$$ on a visit from the plumber.
Proof you are are Full of $hit. That's my get even for glitter, sorry. If I didn't think you have great sense of humor I would have saved that for some who did. Don't you love it when Murphy's Law works and something goes bad just when you need it the most.
The following users liked this post:
Scooterboy (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:19 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Sounds like something else is going on Lainey. Anybody flush a baby wipe recently? Those things turn to cement in the line.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:27 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Oh crap!!
dlq04 (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Oh crap!!
LOL...I do have a pic of the toilet not being in the correct place in the bathroom. I'm not taking pics of a septic tank.
Scooterboy (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 02:08 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Got a coat of wax on the WRX today and also polished and waxed the head and tailight covers and shined up the exhaust tips. Just about ready for winter now.
zeroptzero (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 02:25 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Lainey, at least you don't have 3 feet of snow on the ground and below zero temps. Hope it is an easy fix.
Levi
Old 10-28-2022, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Lainey, at least you don't have 3 feet of snow on the ground and below zero temps. Hope it is an easy fix.
Levi
Now that is VERY true! A big plus in the situation!!
Old 10-28-2022, 02:37 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Super stressful last 7-10 days, I hope to get some much needed rest this weekend.
Old 10-28-2022, 02:45 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Relatively quiet weekend. Might finally drive out to Cars and Coffee if I wake up early enough. Then there is the farmers market. Sun is the Marine Corps Marathon, which is the second busiest day around here after July 4. We will cheer on the runners.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?