S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 10-04-2022, 01:20 PM

Received 2,979 Likes on 1,721 Posts

The babysitter needs a babysitter. The two children who are like grandchildren to my local sister are staying with her this weekend while their parents have a weekend away. However, my sister forgot she had some tickets to a show on the weekend, so she asked if I could help out. So, I'll be the babysitter for part of Saturday afternoon. They are good kids, 6 and 9. I can keep them busy at the park, playground and a walk over to their favorite creamery. I'm looking forward to it, they are good kids.

Friday's weather looks good, maybe we'll try to make a little trip somewhere to enjoy the weather. A bit cooler on Sunday, but still sunny, so we will see.....
Old 10-04-2022, 01:37 PM

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Saturday my son and family are coming up to pickup the generator I am giving him. We will spend some time so he understands the proper operation. Sunday I will be heading to S2KDays in Kentucky.
The following 3 users liked this post by Scooterboy:
dlq04 (10-04-2022), Kyras (10-04-2022), Lainey (10-04-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 01:12 PM
tof

Received 1,997 Likes on 1,355 Posts

This week is cruisin' the coast. Went to the parade here in Long Beach Tuesday evening. Probably won't do too much other cruise chasing.

Sunday I fly to Delaware and meet up with my uncle and cousins who are helping my aunt (that uncle's sister) move to Live Oak, FL. Sandy is driving over to Live Oak and we will go on to visit several of her relatives around central Florida.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:16 PM

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
I'm getting the WRX undercoated Friday, I have friends who are supposed to be coming up for the weekend so hoping to get together with them at some point and my sister is coming up to New England from Florida and will be in Vt this weekend so will try to get together with her, she doesn't like to make plans ahead of time, have our last cars n coffee of the season Sunday morning and going to try to get a coat of wax on the S somewhere in there.
Hey Rob , what kind of coating are you using on the WRX ?. I got my current WRX rustproofed at the dealer, I always say to myself that I will buy out the car and keep it for many years, in reality they never stay around for more than 3-4 years. Thus far I haven't committed to rustproofing the new WRX, though I am still tempted.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:08 PM

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
'tis a thing a beauty I tell ya. ( spoken with thick Irish brogue )
finally got all 11 hydraulic actuators out. stupid MB used a gasket material which decays over time.
a company call Top Hydraulics out in Oregon uses the right stuff.
Some serious effort went into getting them out, Putting them back in place is going to be quite the adventure.

I'm not quite sure how our S2000's ever hard a working roof.
Nice work Jerry.
Old 10-06-2022, 05:26 AM

Received 4,029 Likes on 3,166 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
This week is cruisin' the coast. Went to the parade here in Long Beach Tuesday evening. Probably won't do too much other cruise chasing.

Sunday I fly to Delaware and meet up with my uncle and cousins who are helping my aunt (that uncle's sister) move to Live Oak, FL. Sandy is driving over to Live Oak and we will go on to visit several of her relatives around central Florida.
Maybe you will find something for sale there, hope to see some pics!
Old 10-06-2022, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Hey Rob , what kind of coating are you using on the WRX ?. I got my current WRX rustproofed at the dealer, I always say to myself that I will buy out the car and keep it for many years, in reality they never stay around for more than 3-4 years. Thus far I haven't committed to rustproofing the new WRX, though I am still tempted.
Of all the dealers who try to sell rustproofing in areas that don't really need it you would think in salty road Vt a dealer would offer it but mine doesn't. They offer a paint coating only but that is something I can do myself. Without a lift I can't do a proper undercoating myself so I have it done. I used to do my truck myself because I could get under it.
The stuff I have done is www.corrosionfree.com The local independant shop here in town does it.
Old 10-06-2022, 05:51 AM

Received 3,739 Likes on 2,519 Posts

going to "helicopter" into ralper territory go to our nephew's wedding, sleep, have brunch and blip on out
we get to check into hotel at 3:00, wedding at 5:00 then reception and so forth.
My son is house sitting and taking care of titan while we're gone.
Haven't figured out which car we're taking yet.
I wanted to take the SL63 but some idiot let the battery go down and now it has check codes galore.
Old 10-06-2022, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
going to "helicopter" into ralper territory go to our nephew's wedding, sleep, have brunch and blip on out
we get to check into hotel at 3:00, wedding at 5:00 then reception and so forth.
My son is house sitting and taking care of titan while we're gone.
Haven't figured out which car we're taking yet.
I wanted to take the SL63 but some idiot let the battery go down and now it has check codes galore.
Well Jerry the good news is you shouldn't have much traffic I think most of New Jersey is here or headed up here this weekend.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:32 AM

Received 2,762 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Added late lunch with nephew and family at kabob place on Sun. After Vito recovers from his 10-mile race.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?