S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 09-19-2022, 10:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

I did take Titan to Home Depot this past weekend.
If anyone has gone there at this time of year they know they have the massive display of Halloween animated figures.
Titan does not like the display, at all. When he barks at it, just about everyone in the store knows he is there.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:19 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Weekend almost over, but you know what they say about retired people. Every day is a Saturday.
We are still in NY in the Finger Lakes area. We have been so fortunate with the weather. We have done a lot walking and climbing of stairs in the state park yesterday and today. We are tired. Tomorrow we will stay local, won't make any long drives. We will walk, but we won't climb....Headed home on Monday.
Remind me where you are staying?
And which state park did you visit?

Edit: Never mind. I just saw your pics. So you were in Penn Yan? (I assume you drove through there going over to Abandon Brewing.)
I grew up in Penn Yan. I never appreciated the beauty of the area until I visited after being away for a few years.

Last edited by tof; 09-20-2022 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:25 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Remind me where you are staying?
And which state park did you visit?

Edit: Never mind. I just saw your pics. So you were in Penn Yan? (I assume you drove through there going over to Abandon Brewing.)
I grew up in Penn Yan. I never appreciated the beauty of the area until I visited after being away for a few years.
Hey, Mike!
We were all over the place!
From a rental on a soybean farm in Waterloo (beautiful property, apartment over a garage), we went to Seneca Falls, Montezuma Wildlife Preserve,Cayauga Lake State Park, Geneva, Taughannock Falls State Park, Ithaca Falls, a quick lunch in Ithaca and Buttermilk Falls State Park. We also headed to Geneva, walked around there a bit checked out the colorful row houses, stopped for a beverage at the visitor center which overlooks Seneca Lake and ate our lunch at the State Park one day.
Leaving Waterloo, we headed to Letchworth State Park and on to our second air bnb in Bath, NY at the end of the day. We headed back to Letchworth (about an hour away) the next day. On Sunday, we went around Keuka Lake, stopped at the State Park (nothing too special there), but enjoyed the gorgeous scenery on the ride around the lake. We did stop in Penn Yan for a quick stroll around the town and one brewery in town and the Abandon Brewery as well. Loved the scenery there! Visited Seneca Mills Waterfall, and that one required no climbing. Finished up at Burgers and Brews in Hammondsport, for a late Sunday lunch.
So we had a very full week, lots of top down time, on the gorgeous roads of the Lakes area!
Some folks enjoy the hustle and bustle of big cities like NY. That is not us. Upstate NY suited us just fine.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lainey:
dlq04 (09-20-2022), jukngene (09-20-2022), NNY S2k (09-20-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 11:05 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

That surely is a nice area.
Levi
Old 09-23-2022, 06:43 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Hey, Mike!
We were all over the place!
From a rental on a soybean farm in Waterloo (beautiful property, apartment over a garage), we went to Seneca Falls, Montezuma Wildlife Preserve,Cayauga Lake State Park, Geneva, Taughannock Falls State Park, Ithaca Falls, a quick lunch in Ithaca and Buttermilk Falls State Park. We also headed to Geneva, walked around there a bit checked out the colorful row houses, stopped for a beverage at the visitor center which overlooks Seneca Lake and ate our lunch at the State Park one day.
Leaving Waterloo, we headed to Letchworth State Park and on to our second air bnb in Bath, NY at the end of the day. We headed back to Letchworth (about an hour away) the next day. On Sunday, we went around Keuka Lake, stopped at the State Park (nothing too special there), but enjoyed the gorgeous scenery on the ride around the lake. We did stop in Penn Yan for a quick stroll around the town and one brewery in town and the Abandon Brewery as well. Loved the scenery there! Visited Seneca Mills Waterfall, and that one required no climbing. Finished up at Burgers and Brews in Hammondsport, for a late Sunday lunch.
So we had a very full week, lots of top down time, on the gorgeous roads of the Lakes area!
Some folks enjoy the hustle and bustle of big cities like NY. That is not us. Upstate NY suited us just fine.
Lots of familiar places thanks for the walk (or drive) down memory lane.
The following users liked this post:
Lainey (09-24-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 06:44 PM
Member (Premium)

It's SL600 or bust this weekend. I have to get the hydraulics done.

Last edited by boltonblue; 09-24-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2022, 05:06 PM
Member (Premium)

'tis a thing a beauty I tell ya. ( spoken with thick Irish brogue )
finally got all 11 hydraulic actuators out. stupid MB used a gasket material which decays over time.
a company call Top Hydraulics out in Oregon uses the right stuff.
Some serious effort went into getting them out, Putting them back in place is going to be quite the adventure.

I'm not quite sure how our S2000's ever hard a working roof.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (10-05-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 01:14 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Well, every day is a weekend right? (for some of us)! We headed to Cape Cod on Thursday. There are a few spots there we like to go and enjoy the out doors. Stopped at a favorite pier/boardwalk. It looks like it goes on a long time. Great views of water, sand bars, marshy areas from the piers. Sometimes I get pics of wild life there, but nothing showed up. From there we stopped at two lovely beaches. We managed to get some walking in, but not too much on the beaches. It was very breezy and rather chilly.
Today I hit the spin class and since then I've done a lot of nothing. It's raining and miserable.
Tomorrow we will meet up with some old friends......
Here's a pic of the pier/boardwalk.

The following 4 users liked this post by Lainey:
dlq04 (10-01-2022), Heyitsgary (10-01-2022), MsPerky (10-01-2022), robb (10-01-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 09:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

After a literal washout last weekend courtesy of Ian, the coming one looks a a lot better. So far, Fri evening we are seeing The Trip to Bountiful at Ford’s Theatre. Sat AM is farmers market. And Sun Vito is running the Army 10-Miler.

Last edited by MsPerky; 10-04-2022 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:10 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I'm getting the WRX undercoated Friday, I have friends who are supposed to be coming up for the weekend so hoping to get together with them at some point and my sister is coming up to New England from Florida and will be in Vt this weekend so will try to get together with her, she doesn't like to make plans ahead of time, have our last cars n coffee of the season Sunday morning and going to try to get a coat of wax on the S somewhere in there.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?