S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 09-03-2022, 07:15 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I'm making baby back ribs with a dry rub (4 hours slow and low cooking), garlic shrimp , small local baked potatoes, prime rib steaks, hamburgers, potato salad, coleslaw, fruit tray with local cantaloupe and watermelon, several kinds of cheese dips with crackers , olives and finger foods. My wife made pizzelle cookies and cupcakes, and we got a birthday cake for the old guy. The drinks are simple pop and water, my wife's brother is an alcoholic so no one can drink any booze today, my wife's strict orders....
O.M.G. that sounds excellent, with all that good food who needs booze anyways.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 08:18 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Yikes…sounds like a long nap after all that! We went to a Balkan restaurant for brunch. Vito had the most Balkanish food - lamb sausages and some kind of flatbread like a pizza. It is a very popular place. Food was good.
zeroptzero (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 08:51 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,010 Likes on 588 Posts

I'm making baby back ribs with a dry rub (4 hours slow and low cooking), garlic shrimp , small local baked potatoes, prime rib steaks, hamburgers, potato salad, coleslaw, fruit tray with local cantaloupe and watermelon, several kinds of cheese dips with crackers , olives and finger foods. My wife made pizzelle cookies and cupcakes, and we got a birthday cake for the old guy. The drinks are simple pop and water, my wife's brother is an alcoholic so no one can drink any booze today, my wife's strict orders....
Wow, Joey, that is quite a spread! Sounds really good!
zeroptzero (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 10:02 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

I'm making baby back ribs ....
Must be a BIG bunch of people coming. Sounds good. We are going to try a new (to us) Mexican restaurant tonight. It looked really good in a newspaper article I read. Locally there are fireworks tonight. Hope the rain holds off.
zeroptzero (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 11:59 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Joey sounds like your family is just like mine. When my Mom was alive and my folks lived in R.I. we always celebrated my Dad's birthday on Labor day weekend. My sister would bring over a pickle tray with pickles, olives, celery and cream cheese and my Mom would have cheese and crackers and dip and chips and then we would have hot dogs and hamburgers that I would cook on the grill and homeade potato salad and regular salad and corn on the cob and a birthday cake with ice cream for desert.
AND deviled eggs knew I forgot something.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:24 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Had a good ride home from NY. My heart is full after spending time with my nephew, his wife and my sister's grandchildren. Happy I was able to help them out with the child care. Two working parents and no family near by, it's a delicate balancing act at times. I've been kissed by a dog, carried a bag of dog poop while walking (not my usual thing ) and got heart melting hugs and some "raspberry kisses" from two adorable kids.
I'm tired, so I'll let Rick take me out to dinner. We have a cookout to attend tomorrow. No plans yet for Monday.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lainey:
dlq04 (09-03-2022), jukngene (09-04-2022), robb (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 12:49 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Joey sounds like your family is just like mine. When my Mom was alive and my folks lived in R.I. we always celebrated my Dad's birthday on Labor day weekend. My sister would bring over a pickle tray with pickles, olives, celery and cream cheese and my Mom would have cheese and crackers and dip and chips and then we would have hot dogs and hamburgers that I would cook on the grill and homeade potato salad and regular salad and corn on the cob and a birthday cake with ice cream for desert.
AND deviled eggs knew I forgot something.
That sounds cool Rob , if you and I have anything else similar we should do a DNA ancestry test, lol.

Yeah today did not have any Italian food, all BBQ food and sides and finger good. My wife's family brought more food with them too add to the mix. When I cook for the family I always go overboard with the quantities, and my wife always yells at me as I cook too much food. But there is nothing worse than running short on food at an event, I never want that too happen so I go over all the time. Lots of leftovers though.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:07 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

With all the birthday talk I guess I can mention today's my mother's birthday. 105. However, she passed on 16 years ago.
Lainey (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 02:44 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
With all the birthday talk I guess I can mention today's my mother's birthday. 105. However, she passed on 16 years ago.
Dave, I hope she had a good life for the 89 years. Happy birthday in remembrance.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:59 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Today I did a long overdue task and brought the death certificate up to my mom's local post office to get her mail rerouted.
It finally was a somewhat cool day so I took the bike. The ride to Pepperrell is about 18 miles and is mostly twisties.
I really enjoyed it and I'm becoming a little more familiar with the machine. It's still hard to get used to the tall gearing.
1st redline is 90 mph and the engine bogs and chugs around 15-20. The brakes are light and almost work on a psychic connection.
It hardly takes any finger touch to stand it on it's nose.

back at the ol' homestead I got off my duff and started working on the hydraulic soft top cylinders. 3 down 7 too go.
I want to get them all out and prepped so I can ship them next week.
I really want it back together before the leaves change, might be taking it up to Killington for an MB event up there in the end of October.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?