S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 07-31-2022, 08:18 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Knocking off final details before our holiday starts this coming week in a few days. Our son is staying at home and having to take care of our cat so lots to do to make sure that goes properly.
Have a great trip and stay safe!
Old 07-31-2022, 08:49 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Have a great trip and stay safe!
Thanks David, yeah safe is good, and nobody tends to be safer than my wife let me tell ya.
The following users liked this post:
Scooterboy (07-31-2022)
Old 07-31-2022, 11:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

On my cub cadet I managed to get hung up on a log in a deep grass, when I was done I'd managed to get the front end way out of whack.
The right front wheel was point about 40° towards center. It does have a adjuster but this was off by almost an inch.
After looking at it for a while I realized the front steering link had gotten bent.
Screwy design actually, they have an inner toe link tied into the wheel but the link back to the box already has two bends in it normally.
Any stress just bends it further out. after deliberate and careful consideration, I reached for the 2x6 in the garage.
I centered up the left front and manually adjust the right front linkage with said 2x6.
quicker than you could say "Bob's your uncle" straight as an arrow.
ok maybe it was 6 or 7 good whacks end on with the 2x6 but worked like a charm, true as new.
zeroptzero (07-31-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 06:01 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
On my cub cadet I managed to get hung up on a log in a deep grass, when I was done I'd managed to get the front end way out of whack.
The right front wheel was point about 40° towards center. It does have a adjuster but this was off by almost an inch.
After looking at it for a while I realized the front steering link had gotten bent.
Screwy design actually, they have an inner toe link tied into the wheel but the link back to the box already has two bends in it normally.
Any stress just bends it further out. after deliberate and careful consideration, I reached for the 2x6 in the garage.
I centered up the left front and manually adjust the right front linkage with said 2x6.
quicker than you could say "Bob's your uncle" straight as an arrow.
ok maybe it was 6 or 7 good whacks end on with the 2x6 but worked like a charm, true as new.
Engineering at its best. And no, I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:22 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Birthday/anniversary coming my/our way. Dinner at our favorite Italian place on Thursday. It's going to be hot, so not exploring/road trip planned. Saturday night we have a few of my cousins, my late cousin's wife, and a friend coming over for a garden/pizza party. We had postponed the gathering, as my cousin had broken her wrist and needed surgery.

Not much else planned so far.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:50 PM

Received 518 Likes on 307 Posts

Meeting up with some people that I enjoy hanging out with (with the exception of one, who always bums a drink from me. But I always oblige, so I guess that he can not be that bad?* ) in Summersville, WV to drive the WV "Hell Bender" route.

* For those of you that may not have known this Ken is a tRump hater (as he refers to him) As he always referred to Trump as the "Orange Turd in the White House". So in 2021 I sent E-mails to some friends of mine that agreed that even though Trump is a "Rectal Orifice" He did NOT do anything that was not in the best interest of the average American.

So over a period of months like minded friends of mine sent packets of Orange Kool Aid to Ken without a return address. Even several people that have never even met Ken were in on the prank. He received Kool Aid from twelve different states with no return address.

On July 15th several of us that were in on this prank finally "surprised" him when I made him an "Orange Blossom" with Orange Kool Aid. He then admitted that he had donated all of the Kool Aid to a local homeless shelter. But her never admitted to connecting the DOTS. Once he sees this post, knowing him he will post that he knew it all along.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:28 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

Going to replace the motor and transmission mounts on the S2000.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:47 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Knocking off final details before our holiday starts this coming week in a few days. Our son is staying at home and having to take care of our cat so lots to do to make sure that goes properly.
Have a fun and safe trip Joey!
Old 08-04-2022, 10:21 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

A bit past the weekend, but Mon night we are seeing Lady Gaga at Nats Stadium. Looking forward to that.
Kyras (08-05-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 04:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

Cindy got her booster yesterday. history says she'll feel like crap today. So, took the morning off, have summer hours this afternoon. playing some golf, as I am Sunday. Saturday, we have a cousin's 40th birthday party down at the jersey shore.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?