S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 07-29-2022, 08:01 AM

Received 894 Likes on 472 Posts

Change of plans. Weather shifted the beach plans, so now its the Strasburg Train rides and museum. No golf.

I have NJ, NY, PA, MA, NH, NC, SC, DE, MD, VA, FL, AZ, CA.

Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Fiji

I have a GC for Bethpage Black, its just the nuisance of getting my friends together and play it. Other's in the big name section.. Pebble and Spyglass, Baltusrol, Upper Montclair, Harbour Town, TCP Phoenix, TPC Jasna Polana (Princeton NJ, the Seniors played here) and Hartefeld (where they used to play). Friend didn't want to pay the extra 100 or so for Copperhead when were in Tampa.- jackass! My FIL lives on Broken Sound (The Honda Class IIRC/Boca Raton). I think I'm gonna play when we're down in the spring.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:08 AM

Received 2,713 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
...Change of plans. Weather shifted the beach plans, so now its the Strasburg Train rides and museum....
The Strasburg train was fun but we didn't get to go to the museum. Maybe next time!
The following users liked this post:
Heyitsgary (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:27 AM

Received 3,727 Likes on 2,513 Posts

I visited Pebble, saw the club house bought a souvenir.
obviously i have some work to do.
Old 07-29-2022, 12:47 PM

Received 3,535 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Packing some luggage and finishing some last minute details before vacation kicks in next week.

I know a few people who got caught up in the lost luggage debacle, I think our destination and airline is safe from that issue , crossing our fingers. I need to educate myself on lost luggage laws, so I know how they will compensate me if it does happen.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:01 PM

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Packing some luggage and finishing some last minute details before vacation kicks in next week.

I know a few people who got caught up in the lost luggage debacle, I think our destination and airline is safe from that issue , crossing our fingers. I need to educate myself on lost luggage laws, so I know how they will compensate me if it does happen.
One suggestion, is to mix your clothing among your suitcases. That way if one bag goes elsewhere, you with both have some clothing. I was glad I did this when we landed in Vegas, and my suitcase went to Florida. As it happens, I wasn't even thinking of lost luggage when I packed......
Hope you have a wonderful trip.

No big plans this weekend. Hope to spend some time outside before the next heat wave comes in. Day trips on the weekend are more challenging due to tourists at all the fun spots....
Old 07-29-2022, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
One suggestion, is to mix your clothing among your suitcases. That way if one bag goes elsewhere, you with both have some clothing. I was glad I did this when we landed in Vegas, and my suitcase went to Florida. As it happens, I wasn't even thinking of lost luggage when I packed......
Hope you have a wonderful trip.

No big plans this weekend. Hope to spend some time outside before the next heat wave comes in. Day trips on the weekend are more challenging due to tourists at all the fun spots....
Thanks for the great tip, that makes a lot of sense, I never thought of that to be honest. Thanks for the well wishes. We are pretty good travellers and we don't ask too much out of our vacations other than planting ourselves on a nice beach , all of the other details we can deal with.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:38 PM

Received 5,342 Likes on 3,178 Posts

It is pretty simple. Put everything you really think you will need in "carry on" and put all the other stuff going into the regular baggage storage. Put your name, address, and phone number on a piece of paper in every bag, should they get lost. Plus take twice the money and half the clothes you think you will need and enjoy the trip.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
It is pretty simple. Put everything you really think you will need in "carry on" and put all the other stuff going into the regular baggage storage. Put your name, address, and phone number on a piece of paper in every bag, should they get lost. Plus take twice the money and half the clothes you think you will need and enjoy the trip.
The excellent advice keeps coming, thanks Dave. That is great info.

I always take too many clothes. Given the place we are going we will not be spending much money, not much to buy there other than cigars, and we will be confined to an all inclusive resort. I am pretty sure they even got rid of the departure tax that they used to have years back, I always hate countries were you have to pay to get out lol .
Old 07-29-2022, 05:07 PM
tof

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Funny, Joey. You have to pay to get out Washington DC if you want to go east over the Bay Bridge. But inbound is free.
I believe the opposite is true of New York City where most of the bridges and tunnels charge admission into Manhattan but you can escape New York for free.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by tof
Funny, Joey. You have to pay to get out Washington DC if you want to go east over the Bay Bridge. But inbound is free.
I believe the opposite is true of New York City where most of the bridges and tunnels charge admission into Manhattan but you can escape New York for free.
Hey Mike that is funny that Washington is like that. Yeah paying to escape/leave is just an odd concept, lol.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?