S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 10-26-2019, 09:12 PM

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I got in a 23 mile ride today, in the low 70s, before the snow comes tonight and the temps stay below freezing for 5 days in a row.

The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (10-28-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 07:27 AM

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Did the good deed thing yesterday, stopped at assisted living (1) and nursing home (1) to visit friends. Just quick visits however, I even got to be the bingo assistant at one place. They gave me a pointer and everything. Dropped off some Halloween candy for the ladies. We had dinner last night at a favorite spot and we (Rick and I) are conversing/ still trying to figure out what we do/don't believe about after life and all that. Lots of questions and no answers, more so since we lost my sister.

Rainy day today. Rick is cooking, I am cleaning. Football game later for him, not sure what I'll do. I baited the blue jays with some peanuts, got a few photos, maybe I'll play around with those.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:01 AM

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,630 Posts

We had fun last night with our friends at the new pasta place up the street. We also have a tradition to go to Old Ebbitt Grill (very famous) at holiday time for the Orca Platter. All set for Dec 6th!! Here it is in case you have not seen it. So delish...

The +1 ran his Marine Corps Marathon 10K this morning in the pouring rain, but he did not mind. He did well. Now the sun is out and it's 70 so warm for remaining runners. Most who are running the marathon would be finishing around this time. He would be about 4:20 if running that. Has done it four or five times but has cut back to shorter races. Training is very intense and time consuming.

Trying to get past last night's loss by the Nats. Tonight is probably do or die time, since I don't think they can repeat two wins in Houston.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:06 AM

Received 3,718 Likes on 2,504 Posts

we rented a big rolling leaf blower yesterday.
I pushed that around while Barb used the backpack blower.
Made short work of it in 4 hours.
today? you can hardly tell we did anything. sigh...
Hopefully the rain this week brings down the rest of the leaves so we can finish up next weekend.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:58 PM

Received 5,329 Likes on 3,169 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
we rented a big rolling leaf blower yesterday.
I pushed that around while Barb used the backpack blower.
Made short work of it in 4 hours.
today? you can hardly tell we did anything. sigh...
Hopefully the rain this week brings down the rest of the leaves so we can finish up next weekend.
I spent two solid hours doing leaves then the wife came home and we spent another hour. Yard looks great. But not for long. We still have millions to come down from numerous Oaks and huge Maples, plus some junk trees.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:59 PM

Received 5,329 Likes on 3,169 Posts

Deb, that's the first food picture that has struck a bell with me on this site.... Orca Platter looks great! I love seafood. Had a wonderful swordfish sandwich ($16) in St Augustine last week.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:52 AM

Received 1,564 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Deb, that's the first food picture that has struck a bell with me on this site.... Orca Platter looks great! I love seafood. Had a wonderful swordfish sandwich ($16) in St Augustine last week.
You, too, can have your own Orca Platter. Only $159 per their website! For special occasions only, I guess.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:18 AM

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Well, we go at happy hour...it is half price!!! A very good deal. And it is four of us to split. We do order a bit of other stuff as well, and of course drinks. Old Ebbitt, I believe, is among five highest grossing restaurants in the country. They make a TON of money, half price or not. I know the woman whose family owns Clyde's Restaurant Group. Not hurting economically.

Last edited by MsPerky; 10-28-2019 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:31 PM

Received 771 Likes on 407 Posts

As promised in the last thread, the garages at the new house...

It was pretty foul weather when we moved in, and the next 2 days saw nearly 5 inches of rain, which highlighted the missing downpipe on the first garage when a puddle formed and spread half-way in. I made up a new one to run down the side and out into the paddock behind (downhill) and it's been fine ever since. The middle garage is the biggest of the three but the two smaller side ones are nearly 600sq.ft each so not exactly wanting for space. The concrete pad is where the 2-post hoist used to be, and probably where another one would go.

I'll be spending a fair amount of time getting all three sorted out once we've got doors on the first one. I spent yesterday after work pulling out old cables and broken lights. I never thought garages would be such a project by themselves.

I've also pulled out half the carpet in the house, removed an old rangehood and some cupboards from the kitchen, and demolished some built-in seating. All of which, of course, are now starting to fill up the third garage.

The building to the right of the garage in the third picture is two shipping containers that have been joined to make an office, then rendered in the same style as the house and garages. It's very well done and has plumbing, electrical and aircon. I've been so busy I haven't even been in there yet. Still early days, we only moved 3 weeks ago.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:15 PM

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,741 Posts

^ Lots of garage space!

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?