S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 12-27-2021, 05:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,010 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer
Wendy and I exchanged one gift on Christmas Eve. This is what she gave me!
Very nice gift from Wendy. I am guessing she is a keeper!

Hope she gets some good days off soon!

We should be very thankful for nurses, other medical workers, and other kinds of workers, too, during these difficult times.

What kind of nurse is Wendy?
The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (12-27-2021)
Old 12-27-2021, 05:56 AM

Received 4,286 Likes on 3,331 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
About 32 months, my son drove the car the other day and got stranded. When I went to rescue him the battery was reading 8 volts ? It was always a bit slow to turn over and I've read these cars can have parasitic draw issues and the batteries aren't big enough. I just replaced it with a 640 CCA battery, I think the original factory batteries were 500 CCA or less, and the new Subaru replacement batteries are 550 CCA.
Wow that's crazy definitely should last longer than 32 months, does the car sit unused a lot? I've never gotten stranded by a dead battery mine always died after the car would sit for awhile and gave me notice.
Did you check to see if it is covered under warranty?
Old 12-27-2021, 06:08 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
Very nice gift from Wendy. I am guessing she is a keeper!

Hope she gets some good days off soon!

We should be very thankful for nurses, other medical workers, and other kinds of workers, too, during these difficult times.

What kind of nurse is Wendy?
She definitely is a keeper. We dated twice in HS - 35 years ago...

She used to be a floor Nurse, now a Nurse Supervisor... less pay and more headaches....lower level management.

Last edited by JoePhotographer; 12-27-2021 at 06:11 AM.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:19 AM

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,676 Posts

Originally Posted by PokS2k
Historically we are not big New Years Eve party people. I will stay up but don’t look to go out.

This year we have been invited to 2 parties, both within short walking distance. Funny thing is we will probably be the oldest at one party and youngest at the other.
Is it cold in your region ? The only thing I ever remember about New Years eve was freezing my tail off at 2 am when I had to get into my car and drive home in freezing temps, I'm not a fan of new years eve and I'm usually in bed before the ball drops, lol.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by robb
Wow that's crazy definitely should last longer than 32 months, does the car sit unused a lot? I've never gotten stranded by a dead battery mine always died after the car would sit for awhile and gave me notice.
Did you check to see if it is covered under warranty?
Yeah it didn't last long enough that is for sure. The car does sit unused at times, we drive it about 2 times a week though. For the past year it never turned over with any sort of vigor, but it never seemed like it was dying either. I have charged it in past months hoping to desulphate it and maybe get it to work better. The night it died on my son the temps had gotten pretty cold and that is when a bad battery often rears its ugly head. I have a battery tester and it was coming back with mixed results so I just kept charging it. I will have to check with Subaru if it is under warranty, I have found lots of on-line complaints about their batteries and some class action suits. Regardless I am much happier with the higher rated battery now, even if it isn't under warrant, good money spent for peace of mind.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:08 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
This is going to be a special, unique Christmas.
For the first time in our married lives we will be spending Christmas quietly at home, just Barb and I.
no travel to in-laws, Both Kids off on their own.
similar to ours. First one in 40 years that without the kids.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:41 AM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Was everyone healthy? Just a precaution that you did not get together?
Old 12-27-2021, 07:43 AM

Received 4,286 Likes on 3,331 Posts

Same here but in reverse as I'm the kid. Spent over 50 years celebrating the Holiday's at the house I grew up in but my Mom passed away a few years ago and my Dad sold the house and he and my sister moved to Florida so it was time to start over. Spent Christmas Eve with friends which was
The following 2 users liked this post by robb:
Kyras (12-27-2021), zeroptzero (12-27-2021)
Old 12-27-2021, 07:46 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,010 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Was everyone healthy? Just a precaution that you did not get together?
We all seem to be healthy.

We all gathered together at our daughter's home. She had requested that we all test ourselves for COVID-19 in the morning before going to her home.

All of us (our daughter's family, our son's family, and us) tested negative.

So we all gathered at her home, and we did not wear masks nor did we social distance.

Our soon-to-be 16 year old grandson even initiated a hug with me.
The following 3 users liked this post by buckeyesue:
JoePhotographer (12-27-2021), Kyras (12-27-2021), MsPerky (12-27-2021)
Old 12-27-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by robb
Same here but in reverse as I'm the kid. Spent over 50 years celebrating the Holiday's at the house I grew up in but my Mom passed away a few years ago and my Dad sold the house and he and my sister moved to Florida so it was time to start over. Spent Christmas Eve with friends which was
We spent 25+ years celebrating with out of town relatives , always travelling Christmas eve and Christmas day through good and bad weather some years. Some in-laws ruined the holidays for everyone by getting drunk and causing havoc a number of years. As bad as Covid has been we have spent some of the nicest Christmas' at home these last couple years with just my wife , son, and I. Quiet, no travelling, good food and good company (and no drunks).
The following 3 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
buckeyesue (12-27-2021), MsPerky (12-27-2021), robb (12-27-2021)

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?