S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 11-06-2021, 05:56 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Buying precut bundles of wood for our fireplace is the best investment I've made.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:52 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Yes it is a lot of work. No woodstove. We just burn them in our fireplace, so between these and the filled wood rack you can see covered by the tarp, we should be good for at least 2 years.
The log splitter was one of the best investments I have made!
I would agree you are good for at least 2 years. I helped out my friends Father one winter with his caretaking business and he used to sell wood by the cord. I think the only way he ever made money with it was when we cut down trees and got paid for it and were able to keep the wood. He would also have logs delivered and he would buck them up, then I would run them through the splitter, then stack them on his property, then when he sold a cord we would load them on the trailer then stack them at the property it was being delivered too. It was a lot of handling I think when all was said and done he lost money on the wood venture.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:13 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Well we did it, my wife and I attended a restaurant and had a sit down dinner this evening. Wow, what a feeling, first time in 2 years. It was nice. Food definitely tastes better this way compared to take-out, and nice to have a waitress in the mix. The requirements at our restaurants are pretty strict for sit down customers, so we felt safe, and we have a pretty high vaccination rate in our region which helps. My wife was paranoid about this for a long time, but it was nice to get out and get back to some normalcy.
The following 2 users liked this post by zeroptzero:
dlq04 (11-06-2021), Lainey (11-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Well we did it, my wife and I attended a restaurant and had a sit down dinner this evening. Wow, what a feeling, first time in 2 years. It was nice. Food definitely tastes better this way compared to take-out, and nice to have a waitress in the mix. The requirements at our restaurants are pretty strict for sit down customers, so we felt safe, and we have a pretty high vaccination rate in our region which helps. My wife was paranoid about this for a long time, but it was nice to get out and get back to some normalcy.
Nice!!! What did you have?
Old 11-06-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Nice!!! What did you have?
We went to a bed and breakfast Inn, they have a restaurant and banquet hall attached, so it is a pretty big b and b. We got the dinner package with the room, so they gave you several choices on a 3 course dinner short list. The room and dinner package was only $60 more than the room charge by itself, pretty good for a three course dinner for two people.

I had jumbo shrimp, which came on a bed of shanghai noodles with peppers and eggplant, as my entree. I really like udon and shanghai style noodles. so it was really good. My wife had stuffed chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto, she enjoyed it. Our starter was loaded potato soup, we both love potato soup so it was really good. By the time the sweets arrived I was stuffed, my wife had cheesecake and I had apple crumble.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
We went to a bed and breakfast Inn, they have a restaurant and banquet hall attached, so it is a pretty big b and b. We got the dinner package with the room, so they gave you several choices on a 3 course dinner short list. The room and dinner package was only $60 more than the room charge by itself, pretty good for a three course dinner for two people.

I had jumbo shrimp, which came on a bed of shanghai noodles with peppers and eggplant, as my entree. I really like udon and shanghai style noodles. so it was really good. My wife had stuffed chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto, she enjoyed it. Our starter was loaded potato soup, we both love potato soup so it was really good. By the time the sweets arrived I was stuffed, my wife had cheesecake and I had apple crumble.
Sounds good I never heard of that dish, I like that combo.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Today is cookout at a friend's house with the +1, Posh and Sporty Spice and their mother, and moi in attendance. We are having hot dogs, steak, baked beans, veggie platter w/ranch dressing, my spinach-stuffed artichoke bottoms, cookies, cupcakes and marshmallows (for roasting). Was thinking about playing Simon Says...see if they want to. Do any of you remember playing that?
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (11-07-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Today is cookout at a friend's house with the +1, Posh and Sporty Spice and their mother, and moi in attendance. We are having hot dogs, steak, baked beans, veggie platter w/ranch dressing, my spinach-stuffed artichoke bottoms, cookies, cupcakes and marshmallows (for roasting). Was thinking about playing Simon Says...see if they want to. Do any of you remember playing that?
I do. I also remember the game Simon where the lights would flash.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:03 AM

I'll be setting all the clocks back an hour today, except the one in the S.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (11-07-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 03:32 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^Did mine last evening.
Levi

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?