S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 09-27-2021, 05:52 AM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Robb, any news on the landlord? I hope the children made it in time.
Yes they kept him on life support until the kids could see him again. They are all in their late twenties so they are able to help their Mom with all the planning and driving back and forth to the hospital etc. I saw them a bit on Fri. and Sat. they are of course devastated and in shock. The kids went back with their Mom to her main house in Massachusetts on Saturday.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:11 AM

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

So far just brunch with nephew and family this Sun. Got a video of younger grandniece playing soccer. She is soon to be five. Amazing ball control. She may be a star in the making!
Old 09-29-2021, 03:14 PM

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky

So far just brunch with nephew and family this Sun. Got a video of younger grandniece playing soccer. She is soon to be five. Amazing ball control. She may be a star in the making!
Vito is headed up to Philly with his son for Sat’s football game between Memphis and Temple. Son graduated from Memphis.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:40 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

My GF has her Granddaughter (hasn't seen in a few weeks - pissing contest with Daughter) and Sunday brunch with my childhood best friend, who took my GF to her Senior Homecoming! (I was there)
Old 10-07-2021, 05:11 PM

Received 3,765 Likes on 2,656 Posts

Turkey Day in Canada this weekend. We are still avoiding big family get togethers so it is just the three of us again this year, I kind of like it that way.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:35 PM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

Working some of it but having fun too we have our last of the season cars n' coffee Sunday morning can't believe how fast it went by, and I have friends from R.I. who usually come up on Columbus weekend and we get together.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:10 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Working some of it but having fun too we have our last of the season cars n' coffee Sunday morning can't believe how fast it went by, and I have friends from R.I. who usually come up on Columbus weekend and we get together.
We have friends coming from New Hampshire and Boston for 4 days. One friend was a Navy Lieutenant. I am a Navy Vet. We have a state park near me which had a defense system built which guarded our coastline during WWII. There were beach spotters in towers on the beach that would give the positions of any ships offshore and relay them to a underground bunker. The gun emplacements around the bunker could fire down on any ships. A German sub was captured and the crew surrendered. They were imprisoned but later sent to our farms to work. When the war ended some of them returned and reunited with the farmers they worked for. They were treated fairly by the farmers and some of them were farmers. I also plan to show him one 16” gun from the U.S.S. Missouri where the Japanese signed the peace treaty in Tokyo Bay. It was transported to the park by rail and truck. It is mounted above all the other guns. We will tour inside the bunker where the shells for the guns were loaded and personnel would give those positions from the spotters to the gun crews. A new artifact is now on display inside the bunker. It is a steel part of the hull from the U.S.S. Arizona which is in Hawaii.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:28 AM

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

^Ray, I have visited all those spots you mention, which are located within Cape Henlopen State Park. A lot of history there and I'm glad it has been so well preserved. I think your friends will enjoy the visit! https://destateparks.com/FortMiles
Old 10-08-2021, 12:49 PM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
^Ray, I have visited all those spots you mention, which are located within Cape Henlopen State Park. A lot of history there and I'm glad it has been so well preserved. I think your friends will enjoy the visit! https://destateparks.com/FortMiles
I agree Gene. It is quite historic.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:44 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Off shortly to wash the north side of the house. That side is covered with Shotgun Mold spores. As soon as I can arrange it that mulch is coming out and being replaced with river rock!

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?