S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 09-03-2021, 07:42 AM

Received 5,361 Likes on 3,188 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
The last 2 years we have had bears on our property during the first week of September so I'm waiting for one or more to come cruising along. Last year we had 2 cubs on the front lawn and a Mama in our field.
Take some pictures this time.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:11 AM

Received 4,027 Likes on 3,164 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Take some pictures this time.
I've got pictures from a couple of years ago when I had a bear sunning him or herself in front of our house.
A few years back there was a bear trying to get into the dumpster where we were working and it was at a school that was full of people and this bear just ignored us wasn't fazed at all .One of the guys on the construction crew was a real animal lover, and a little bit 'off' also and when the bear went into the bushes he actually crawled up to it and gave it half of his peanut butter sandwich it was crazy but I think because this guy had no fear of the animal it didn't feel threatened. I'm pretty sure somebody recorded it have to see if I can find it.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:01 AM

Received 3,739 Likes on 2,519 Posts

It's bad combo when folks feed bears. The bears lose their natural fear and wind up getting put down.

but as Fred Flintstone would say " Yabba dabba Dooo!!"

it's the weekend.

Last edited by boltonblue; 09-03-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
It's bad combo when folks feed bears. The bears lose their natural fear and wind up getting put down.

it's the weekend.
Exactly right. I always hit the horn and make a lot of noise to scare the bears away. We have had some 'Joeys' and 'Karen's' in the neighborhood who left food out for bears because they want to see them then of course the bears keep coming back and the people freak out and call the police or game warden.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:33 AM

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue

it's the weekend.
Maybe the guy feeding the bear should be put down instead!
Old 09-06-2021, 08:45 AM

Received 2,758 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Last Sat we went to early dinner with nephew and family, then walked to froyo place for dessert. On the way there, older grandniece suddenly screamed bloody murder and ran crying to mom. Turned out she had stepped on a cicada which I guess made its buzzing sound, but it was drowned out. Fortunately, she calmed down.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:06 AM

No bears so far. I think they have been air b n' b'ing the house across the street from me and they had a dog that was barking and the people behind me were up with their dog barking so that may have been a deterrent.
Was going to wash and vacuum and check the oil etc. on both cars but it started to rain so will probably just check the oil on the S as I'm going out in it tonight.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:14 PM

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,545 Posts

We've had some carpet in our lower finished level of the home since the home was constructed. We finally decided to get rid of it this weekend. 20 year old berber carpet sitting on concrete doesn't smell so great once you rip it out. 600 square feet of the stuff and underpad pulled out in strips. Moving all of the furniture to the storage level was a lot of work. The concrete floor will need some protection against humidity and dampness before the new flooring gets installed so we don't end up with the same issue down the road. We never had any basement leaks but the natural dampness of concrete needs to be addressed.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
We've had some carpet in our lower finished level of the home since the home was constructed. We finally decided to get rid of it this weekend. 20 year old berber carpet sitting on concrete doesn't smell so great once you rip it out. 600 square feet of the stuff and underpad pulled out in strips. Moving all of the furniture to the storage level was a lot of work. The concrete floor will need some protection against humidity and dampness before the new flooring gets installed so we don't end up with the same issue down the road. We never had any basement leaks but the natural dampness of concrete needs to be addressed.
Sounds like a job; glad its you and not me. Sounds like you know the answer.... prep it right and do it right, so no repeat.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:19 PM

As for us . . . we never go anywhere special for holidays . . . never in over 50 years. We never had rich relatives who had fancy places on lakes far away. We never wanted to make reservations on fancy places on lakes far away over a holiday weekend. We enjoy those places but we would rather make our reservations when most of the tourist are gone - be it mid-week, or whenever.

So we are home. No friends - well, none that like us enough to get Covid. Still we know how to enjoy the day!!
The following users liked this post:
Lainey (09-06-2021)

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?