S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 07-17-2021, 06:22 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

What exactly do you believe? I’m curious.
care to share the prior visit you had?
Old 07-17-2021, 06:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,532 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
We have an appointment with a spiritual medium coming up, we booked it 6 months ago. This will be our second visit with her, the first visit we had in 2020 was pretty interesting. We believe.
I'm a believer too! I'd love to hear how it goes, via PM or email if you prefer.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 08:32 AM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
What exactly do you believe? I’m curious.
care to share the prior visit you had?
Well it is difficult to explain unless you experience it yourself. What we believe is that our loved ones cross over to the spirit world and some people who are legitimate mediums have a way to connect with them. If your loved ones come forward and you get some kind of validation from them then you can decide for yourself if you believe it or not. The validations tend to be details that no other person would know, and not some flimsy wild ass guess. It can apply to loved ones who have passed, and even pets !

There were many things relayed to us during our first visit that we believe were 100% accurate, but there were a few things stood out for us. My wife connected with her grandmother with very clear and vivid details that only my wife could have understood, my wife was very close to her grandmother. There were things that my wife and her grandmother shared that were very personal and my wife was 100% convinced that her grandmother came through that day. Her grandmother stepped forward to specifically say hello to me through the medium, we had never met as she died before I started dating my wife. She told the medium to say hello to me, that was very cool.

My sister's husband stepped forward to say hello as well. He died unexpectedly a few years after marrying my sister. The medium clearly described how he died, that was something that very few people would know. His death was a very freak combination of a sudden health issue combined with an accident, and the medium described it 100%, that is how we recognized who she was channeling. The medium told us that he was holding his two young children in his arms, and he was reunited with his two children on the other side. That detail was baffling to us initially, and we specifically told the medium that she had to be wrong as my brother-in-law had no other children with my sister or with anyone else.
As far as we knew my sister only had one child with her husband. That child was 3 months old when his father died and he is still alive and 25 years old. After our visit with the medium we contacted my sister to let her know that her husband came through to us. We mentioned the two young children to my sister and how we thought that was odd. During that discussion my sister told us that she had two miscarriages with her husband before our nephew was born. Now that was information that my wife and I never knew about, and we were shocked to hear that from my sister 25 years later brought forward by the medium. That blew us away.

The medium also told us some details about our favourite pet who just happened to pass away on the same morning of our visit with the medium. We were in a bit of shock that morning as our pet passed away very suddenly and unexpected at 3:00 am that day. After our pet passed away I went to work for a couple hours, my wife stayed home and she started looking at old pictures that she had of our pet. My wife was was very distraught about our pet's passing, so she was just reminiscing by looking at favourite pictures she had of our pet. I returned home to pick her up ahead of our appointment with the medium. During our meeting the medium told us about the pictures that my wife was looking at that morning, describing the pictures in perfect and vivid detail. The pictures depicted some certain traits about our pet that were very specific to his behaviour and personality. After our visit with the medium my wife told me that she had been looking at pictures that morning, and she showed me the pictures that she was looking at. The pictures were exactly the ones the medium had described, 100% accurate and exact details that no person would know. I had no idea that my wife was at home looking at old pictures, but she was compelled to tell me after the visit as it was a validation about our pet. The medium told us that our pet was standing beside two other pets who had passed away previously. We had three pets in total that passed over the years.

Towards the latter part of our meeting we had a few minutes to spare, and the medium started to talk to us about our son who is very much alive. For the longest while he had been a bit difficult for me to understand, I always chocked it up to different generations and modern day vs. old fashion, etc. The medium told us that our son was a social empath. She went on to describe how people who are empaths tend to behave in daily life, and that really helped me to understand my son much better. That really struck me, and I am better at understanding my son's needs today because of how the medium took the time to explain it to us. My personality is totally different compared to my son's personality. I think she was 100% dead on describing our son and it has helped me immensely.

You may not get life-shattering revelations from a medium, but what you may get are small validations. The validations are ways to prove that your loved ones are on the other side, and they get your attention through the medium by bringing forward small details. So we understood the validations that were provided to us and we made up our own minds about the loved ones who came through to us. There are certainly some fakes out there who give the industry a bad name. But if you can find a real medium who has the ability to connect with spirits on the other side the information can be very powerful and comforting. We aren't the most religious people but we believe that spirits are around us, and we believe that some people are able to connect with them as mediums. So that is what we believe. I think it is hard to understand unless you experience it yourself. We were referred to this medium from people who found their experience to be very positive, so we gave her a try. I hope this info helps.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:00 PM

Thank you for all that information. I think if I were in your shoes, it would make me a believer. My only peripheral association with a medium was with a woman who was 100% fraud. She had quite a following, TV appearances, books etc but she was just an observant person and a great bullsh*tter.
I appreciate your sharing, really. I don't pretend to know what happens when we die, and even my wife and I have differences on that topic. Guess we'll all know some day....
Old 07-17-2021, 01:51 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Thank you for all that information. I think if I were in your shoes, it would make me a believer. My only peripheral association with a medium was with a woman who was 100% fraud. She had quite a following, TV appearances, books etc but she was just an observant person and a great bullsh*tter.
I appreciate your sharing, really. I don't pretend to know what happens when we die, and even my wife and I have differences on that topic. Guess we'll all know some day....
Glad I could share the info with you, when you find someone that has the gift to communicate with the other side it is an eye opening experience. But when you deal with scammers and fakes then it can ruin it for everyone. I am glad that our medium was referred to us from a friend who had a really good experience with her. My wife and I aren't hugely religious, we do believe the after life though.

When I was younger, my father was diagnosed with ALS and it was a gigantic shock to our family. I remember watching Sylvia Browne on television one day on some daily talk show (Oprah ?), and she boldly predicted that they would find a cure for ALS "next year". It really gave us a glimmer of hope given how few options there were for ALS patients, and everyone was pushing her as the real deal. Well the next year came and went, and my father passed away a couple years after that. 20+ years later and there still is no hope for a cure. I regard her as one of those famous scammers as you describe, it still pisses me off to this day.

A good article about Sylvia Browne, I guess she had many failed predictions, even the one concerning her death lol.

Sylvia Browne: Dead Psychic's Legacy Riddled With Failed Predictions, Fraud | HuffPost

I hope we all find what we are looking for. All the best.

Old 07-17-2021, 06:11 PM

Oh my, how funny. Sylvia Brown is the person I was referring to. A coworker of my wife went to her in the 70s, and I followed news of her for years. She lived in the Bay Area, and she was certainly NOT the real deal.
zeroptzero (07-17-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 02:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Will be seeing quite a bit of family this weekend, some from out of town. A couple of birthdays being celebrated.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:49 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

We are going with friends to a local Four Corners winery for some wine and food outdoors - with some live music and fun. We will have masks in our pockets just in case, but I doubt if people will be wearing masks. This area has a fairly high vaccination rate. We and our friends all have two vaccination shots, but we don’t mind wearing a mask except while eating and sipping wine.
We have been getting daily rain showers in the evenings, so hope we don’t get rained out…
Kyras (07-23-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 04:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

gonna be a wrenching kind of day.
brakes, all 4 corners on the GL550.
plus starting the process of figuring out why the front HVAC blower has quit. grrr
Old 07-24-2021, 11:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
gonna be a wrenching kind of day.
brakes, all 4 corners on the GL550.
plus starting the process of figuring out why the front HVAC blower has quit. grrr
I need to get
  1. a lower mechanics dolly
  2. taller jack stands
  3. lose some weight
  4. or a two post lift
my damn belly is scrubbing on the bottom of the GL.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?