S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 06-21-2021, 11:07 AM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,642 Posts

Actually Mike I hope my test shows a stent-able blockage. Cuz I feel like crap. My fear is a) my original aren't is reblocked and will need a bypass for clean-up, or b) it small vessel blockage and I'm screwed.

Sadly regardless of the outcome I will be going to Maine this weekend. I learned this morning that my cousin had passed away. Steve was my age within a few months. He was found in his house. No kids but I feel really bad for my aunt. This will be the second funeral in a few weeks.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:54 PM
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

So sad to hear of your loss, Jerry!
Old 06-21-2021, 03:13 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Jerry, sorry to hear of your loss and that you aren't feeling well. You have my number, please keep me posted!
Old 06-21-2021, 03:36 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Jerry, glad you are getting checked out. I've been there!!
Old 06-22-2021, 03:34 PM

Received 991 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Good luck with your test. I have a relative who is going through some circulation/heart issues right now and it is a real drag. Scheduled for an ultrasound soon to see how blood is flowing. Cannot move well at all and is very tired after not much exertion. I told this person to set goals lower for each day so more attainable and frustration/depression does not take over.

Outside activities were very restricted yesterday. Heat index was about 100 and humidity high. Ugh. Another hot day today but rain and much cooler temps tomorrow.
My Mom is going through something similar. She is easily exhausted, but recovers quickly with just sitting down for 5-10 minutes. Primary found nothing, Cardiologist found nothing. Monday I take her to a Pulmonologist. I guess you want them to find something, and hope, like Jerry, its the least intrusive and most easily treatable.

On a side note, I'm playing Neshanic Valley on Friday. Was the site of one of the USGA tournaments a few years ago. Small gathering at Cindy's friend Saturday. She'll visit another friend Sunday and I'll probably play again. Monday, my company gave us a day off from Covid fatigue. I take Mom to the doctor and dentist and have golf league at night. I haven't played 3x in a week in a long time!
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (06-25-2021)
Old 06-25-2021, 06:08 AM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

No physical ailments for me this weekend so that's a plus. We are doing a car show Sunday afternoon for the residents at the retirement home that I work at so I'm going in early to help out. Got a lot of people from the monthly cars n' coffee that I go to which is in the same town, should be a good turnout.
The following 2 users liked this post by robb:
Kyras (06-25-2021), Lainey (06-25-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 09:07 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Not much planned today. Actually nothing planned. Weather is just icky. The phone rang early this AM and I now had something to do. My son was asking for a ride to Urgent Care. He had a severe reaction to poison ivy and a bug bite. He was already on some prescription meds but his eyes were pretty much swollen so time to get checked. He looks awful.

More steroids, a steroid shot, antibiotics, topical cream and some kind of anti hive medication, No work, no driving until Thursday. Hopefully, swelling will start to subside. He's a mess and a walking pharmacy.
Kyras (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 09:29 AM

Received 3,480 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Not much planned today. Actually nothing planned. Weather is just icky. The phone rang early this AM and I now had something to do. My son was asking for a ride to Urgent Care. He had a severe reaction to poison ivy and a bug bite. He was already on some prescription meds but his eyes were pretty much swollen so time to get checked. He looks awful.

More steroids, a steroid shot, antibiotics, topical cream and some kind of anti hive medication, No work, no driving until Thursday. Hopefully, swelling will start to subside. He's a mess and a walking pharmacy.
I'm curious how he got into poison ivy. I'm glad you could help him out. I saw my son last night along with his wife's family.

I am sitting on my deck enjoying the beautiful weather, sounds and sights. I need to check when the rain will start to see if I can get in a dry ride.

Old 06-27-2021, 09:32 AM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

Hope your son feels better soon Lainey.
It's humid here today, I washed the S early this morning and have been cleaning the house a little bit and talking on the phone, making some plans for next weekend.
Kyras (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 11:53 AM

Received 991 Likes on 511 Posts

Turned into a brutal day weatherwise.

I played Friday at a course I rarely play. It was Neshanic Valley, a county course in another county that gets great reviews. The 2012 US Women's Amateur was played there so you know it's not a typically county course. Played the back tees, 6600 yards or so and shot a respectable 47/42/89.

Saturday we didn't do much. I watched some TV. Cindy caught up on sleep. I took the S out for drive. It's been a few weeks as I was frozen on an issue I had. Finally got past it and things were fine.

Played again this morning at one of our county courses (Mercer Oaks East). Got there a little early for my time, and there was a cancellation, so instead of 840, I played at 810 trying to beat the heat. went 39/41 for an 80. Hit I think 13 fairways and 14 GIR. Had 12 pars and 33 putts. Played 1 ball for the 2nd time in 3 rounds. Might be the best round of ball striking I can recall. I've only broken 80 once and I was 3 over with 4 to go, and systematically went bogey, bogey, bogey, double-bogey to finish. ARGHHHH!!!

Going to watch the F1 replay in a few. For some reason if I delete the practice/qualifying from the DVR, it doesn't record the race even though it shows the red record icons on the guide - I checked this morning before I left.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?