S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 06-01-2021, 02:33 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Beautiful pictures Jonas. My how she has grow up.

How many were in her graduating class?
Eight. So all of them got to speak. No valedictorian (they don't do that in Montessori).

JonasM
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 12:49 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Headed to saratoga this weekend. They are having 2 different car shows on Saturday one being euros in the park and the other is a Buick/Cadillac show. Haven't been out in the S in over a week looking forward to it.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:46 AM

Received 1,475 Likes on 1,104 Posts

This weekend getting our AC replaced had an awesome trip last week, came home to an 85 degree house. I have a service plan through our utility provider and after the tech decided that the system had to be replaced, I found that a) they would get me a QUOTE in 2 weeks and b) they plan covers shit because this is not a "repair" it is a replacement. Really happy about that. But a local HVAC contractor came out immediately, checked it, quoted it and will be here Saturday to install it. yesterday it was 89 in the living room and the lowest hi temp in the forecast is 89 degrees right now I think. So happy at least it will be fixed soon!

Regarding the trip, we did a road trip, camping each night, out to CO and ran almost to the southern border along the mountains. Camped in NE first night, but then Golden Gate Canyon State Park, drove to Crestone and spent 2 days at a friends and hiking down there, then drove along the mountains to State Forest State Park in far northern CO to camp a night, then stopped on the MO river in SD on the way home to camp a night. Was awesome and found one of my favorite drives ever (would LOVE to take the S2k out to drive it!). It was the drive on CO hwy 14 from Walden (stopped at the state park which is 20 miles from there to camp) to Fort Collins. GORGEOUS winding 2 lane road descending the mountain the whole way. Other than a few small campgrounds and rafting places there is nothing on the road and virtually no roads meeting it. And starting at the state park we camped at (9,100 feet) there are these small creeks from the top of the mountain that start forming what is the Poudre river further down the mountain. The road follows this and winds back and forth crossing the river back and forth, so you hear the water rushing all the way down the mountain for a good 80 miles of driving. Not only is the road awesome but the view the entire way is amazing. We were in the Taco of course, but really want to do it again in the S2000. Hell of a great week ... so of course something had to happen and the AC was it!
Old 06-10-2021, 06:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Looking forward to finally socializing again. Headed to brunch this Sun with a friend and nephew and family.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

Engifineer, is it central AC? check with your utility for rebates on heat pumps.
On ours, the rebate basically covered the cost delta from AC to heat pump.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:24 AM

Received 1,475 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Engifineer, is it central AC? check with your utility for rebates on heat pumps.
On ours, the rebate basically covered the cost delta from AC to heat pump.
The first people out were from my utility under the service plan I pay for monthly. After getting a rough estimate from them, a private HVAC company is still about 75% of their cost even with any rebate. And pissed that they call this a replacement and not a repair, when the replacement is due to a failure of a system they are supposed to cover. So will be cancelling their service plan and will be cheaper to buy direct anyways since they just mark it up a ton and then give you a "discount".

It is central heat/air. Just going to go back with a slightly larger (ours is the bare minimum size now so going to a more appropriate size) system of the same thing. The other folks would also push for an even more expensive higher efficiency unit. Per the guy that is doing the work, for the 80 - 100 or so days a year we actually need AC much in MN the savings on the bill are not a lot and he said those system last about half as long before failure as the standard systems if you are lucky. He said most times there is a compressor issue on those in 5 years vs the type of system I have had now that has a 25 year old compressor. A mess all around, but $3,600 and this Saturday beats $5,000 + and 6+ weeks to get it done by the utility company people.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:09 AM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Every day is Saturday for us....In a little while, we are headed to RI. Just bought tickets to tour the grounds of two mansions in Newport, and also a "green animal" topiary garden in Portsmouth . All locations don't have to be visited on the same day. Much better to go to these places mid week. We'll have dinner somewhere. Waiting a bit longer before we head out. It's relatively sunny and Rick's eyes are dilated from routine eye exam.
Scooterboy (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 12:18 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Every day is Saturday for us....In a little while, we are headed to RI. Just bought tickets to tour the grounds of two mansions in Newport, and also a "green animal" topiary garden in Portsmouth . All locations don't have to be visited on the same day. Much better to go to these places mid week. We'll have dinner somewhere. Waiting a bit longer before we head out. It's relatively sunny and Rick's eyes are dilated from routine eye exam.
We all know that Rick can drive either car with his eyes closed so no problem!
dlq04 (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 03:22 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
We all know that Rick can drive either car with his eyes closed so no problem!
He already scares me at times when he's driving. Eyes closed not a good idea. I'm just not that brave!
Old 06-11-2021, 03:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts

Finishing up the 60K maint. on the LS 460. Last weekend was the spark plugs and all air filters, tomorrow is brake fluid. The plug in cylinder 7 was not fun to replace. Dealer wants $994.000 before taxes, parts cost me $128.00. Also installing the Joyeauto (Apple CarPlay) in the C2S. Should be a fun day.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?