S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 05-26-2021, 04:04 PM

Received 4,286 Likes on 3,331 Posts

Work, work, work for me. Maybe squeeze in a top down drive in the S.
The following users liked this post:
windhund116 (05-28-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 05:52 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

We leave for Williamsburg tomorrow.

It's been a hellacious week at work. For those in IT, I had a P2 (borderline P1) in my service this week after a migration over the weekend. We've resolved over 400 issues so far, It's been 4 days of 14-16 hours so far. We're down to single users issues that vary person by person, crawling out of the woodwork for things that haven't worked for who knows how long. My support team and the application support teams helping us have been great.

I postponed our departure til the afternoon tomorrow as I want to at least get the business on the same page that we're down to unique single user cases and the environment is stable. Bringing the laptop - normally I can get away with the iPad if I'm traveling - not this time Hopefully I'm not on it too much.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:54 PM

Received 829 Likes on 427 Posts

OS upgrade that wasn't fully regression tested for proprietary apps? My work tends to drag the chain on end user OS upgrades for so long that by the time all regression testing has been done we're just moving to a sunset OS. There's a huge push to cut down the number of applications in use but I think there's still something like 900 of them.

This weekend we're in for a storm on Saturday so I'll find something to do indoors, maybe stripping back the windows in the music studio or getting under the house to put in more insulation. Sunday will be spent helping out at a brass band festival where my children (and possibly wife) are playing.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:09 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,677 Posts

Regression testing? hah surely you jest.

We but off the shelf aps and then lobotomize them with our process habits.

We have several critical core aps that will ONLY run on windows explorer and no they aren't compatible with Edge or Chrome.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:27 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I think I will sleep all weekend. We just got back from S2KDays in upper, lower Michigan. We had to drive about 5-1/2 hours in the rain!
Old 05-28-2021, 02:30 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts

In my hometown they think they have to have big fireworks display for every military holiday and this weekend is no exception. Good thing I am not on any council because I would try to talk them out of it. I have known many vets who hate fireworks because of what it reminds them of.

This is a small town about a half hour away. I like their approach much better. The Springport American Legion is asking all veterans, auxiliary and sons of American Legion members to meet at 10 a.m at the post located at 230 Mechanic Street in Springport on May 31. A concert will take place at 10:55 a.m., a program at 11:05 a.m. and the parade will start at 11:30 a.m. Following the parade until 3:30 p.m., there will be a BBQ chicken dinner at the same location. A quarter and half-sized dinner will be offered for $10 and $12 respectively. The dinner will include chicken, homemade potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw and a brownie. All proceeds from the dinner will go to the kitchen fund of the Veterans of Foreign Wars post.
Old 05-28-2021, 03:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,002 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Regression testing? hah surely you jest.

We but off the shelf aps and then lobotomize them with our process habits.

We have several critical core aps that will ONLY run on windows explorer and no they aren't compatible with Edge or Chrome.
neither here... we moved a bunch of data folders to a new site. They were retiring the old architecture and creating a new one at the new site. For all my servers, we use a GPO to map the location, same policy, same everything except the source destination.

every user that connected had something wrong and we effectively had to remove and let them rebuild upon login. Testing in nonprod didn’t show that. If it did, we'd have just told them too bad, price of getting modern.

now, we’re 6.5 hours into a 5.5 hour drive and have 2 to go still if traffic stays clear.
Old 05-29-2021, 07:27 AM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Not much happening. Weather is miserable. A cookout on Monday at a friend's house. I think it will be a jeans and jacket event. No warm weather clothing needed. Went to the Y this AM. First class with NO mask since last December. So much better exercising without a mask!
Old 05-29-2021, 05:36 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Popped over to Darwell's Art Carnival, formerly Darwell's Cafe' which was featured a couple times on "Diners, Dives, and Drive Ins" and which is very much missed.

Anyway, they had a small arts and crafts showing. This guy is amazing. I've seen many of his works at other Art Festivals in the area. This little band is made entirely out of junk, most of it from the kitchen.

Artist on right. "Pappa D" Darwell Yeager on the left.

The following 3 users liked this post by tof:
dlq04 (05-29-2021), Lainey (05-29-2021), robb (05-29-2021)
Old 05-29-2021, 06:17 PM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

No improvement on weather forecast. Tomorrow I'll go to my Y class It's supposed to be a 90 minute class. Last one of those wiped me out, but I still like snacking... I may need to sneak out and "take five." Meanwhile after class yesterday, I headed down to the gift shop which has sold a few of my photos. A couple more were gone, so I spent some time on line ordering a few more photos from the local shop that does the prints. Local lighthouses and some local scenic areas, colorful fishing vessels seem to sell.......a bit. Then I spent some some time with a spread sheet which is not all that accurate to see if I've made any money with this project. Nope. It's a hobby, not a job. Don't expect to get rich. I do enjoy that some folks parted with a few bucks to buy one of my photos and that makes me happy. I've got plenty of supplies on hand, and she has my "inventory" so it's not a total bust.

Speaking of lighthouse photos, (we were in photo thread) I just went looking and found that I've taken 18+ photos of different lighthouses. Some photos better than others, but I do have some I'm happy with. I think tomorrow's rainy weather will be a perfect day to plan out the 2022 Calendar with lighthouse photos...Not that I'm rushing through 2021...............

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?