S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 04-24-2021, 08:37 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
For one thing they are too darn early, and generally an hour or so away.
Isn't it great to be really retired. We were an hour late for the meet today that started at 11:30 and was an hour away. I'll bet none of them had the laughs we had last night at the pub - so who cares. We were the last to leave, kinda normal. But, I must be getting old cause I turned down a card game, Eucher, to watch hockey tonight. Donna would be joining me in drinks if I said ok to Eucher with neighbors; not so watching the Red Wings. Life is not perfect. Wings did tie the game and lost in OT. But drinking alone is not the worst thing in life!
Old 04-24-2021, 08:42 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Isn't it great to be really retired. We were an hour late for the meet today that started at 11:30 and was an hour away. I'll bet none of them had the laughs we had last night at the pub - so who cares. We were the last to leave, kinda normal. But, I must be getting old cause I turned down a card game, Eucher, to watch hockey tonight. Donna would be joining me in drinks if I said ok to Eucher with neighbors; not so watching the Red Wings. Life is not perfect. Wings did tie the game and lost in OT. But drinking alone is not the worst thing in life!
That's the way I like to operate. Late to arrive and last to leave. There's another Cars and Coffee in Loveland on tomorrow but it's earlier. Even though it's less than 15 minutes away I'm only going if I just happen to wake up on my own. No alarm tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

No one I know around here plays Eucher. I learned while in Buffalo.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:14 PM
Member (Premium)

So I started to type and got distracted by a game of Eucher...

A friend of mine is on the board of the American Sportsmen's Club of NJ a local hunting club in the Pine Barrens of NJ. Sunday they are doing an open house type thing with an intro to skeet shooting. Cindy was up for it, so I think we're headed down and we'll then do a drive and enjoy the day.

I've shot a 9mm once at a shooting range and never a rifle or shotgun. I don't think Cindy's ever shot. Could be interesting.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:15 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

It is! Today I went to the Y, hung around the house a bit, and was headed out to run a couple errands after lunch when the phone rang. The granddaughter was done with remote learning for the day asking if we had lunch yet. We had, but I told her to come over and we'd feed her. Always love seeing her. We fed her a couple of hot dogs, had a nice visit, slipped her some gas $ and got some hugs too. Ran my errands after she left I told Rick today, that I was enjoying being retired, being available to hang out when the granddaughter (or grandson) wants to visit.

She's wrapping up year 2 of college already. Have no idea how this happened....
The following 2 users liked this post by Lainey:
Kyras (04-26-2021), poorshoeless (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
So I started to type and got distracted by a game of Eucher...

A friend of mine is on the board of the American Sportsmen's Club of NJ a local hunting club in the Pine Barrens of NJ. Sunday they are doing an open house type thing with an intro to skeet shooting. Cindy was up for it, so I think we're headed down and we'll then do a drive and enjoy the day.

I've shot a 9mm once at a shooting range and never a rifle or shotgun. I don't think Cindy's ever shot. Could be interesting.
Don't feel bad if Cindy is a better shot.
Barb and I used to shoot trap with a friend and she was pretty damn good.
In trap the clay targets come up from a box down in front of you, in skeet they come forma low house and a high house on either side in a crossing pattern.
Be very careful, it is addictive and $$$.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts

This past Sunday with the Cincinnati crew.
The following 3 users liked this post by poorshoeless:
Kyras (04-27-2021), Lainey (04-27-2021), robb (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 08:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Don't feel bad if Cindy is a better shot.
Barb and I used to shoot trap with a friend and she was pretty damn good.
In trap the clay targets come up from a box down in front of you, in skeet they come forma low house and a high house on either side in a crossing pattern.
Be very careful, it is addictive and $$$.

It is trap shooting, my bad. My friend has guns to use and the cost is nominal. I'm pretty sure its an event to try and get some new hunting members to the club.

He wasn't sure on the exact number, they meet tonight, but thought it was $10 for food and $10 for 25 targets. He said most people do 2 or 3 rounds. He won't charge me for ammo, I'll find a golf round to repay him - so I'm thinking its a $100 bill for the day to try something new.

I'll bring my camera as well - thinking there could be some interesting opportunities.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:03 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I'm going to be in hot socal. There's an NSX drive on Sunday that I'll join. The start is 6.5 miles from the house I grew up in. It was originally scheduled for last Sunday but got postponed due to rain. My dad built the house and I'm going to look at it on the way.

Tram at Denver Airport to the gates.

Thunderstorm delay.

Last edited by Kyras; 04-27-2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:46 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

If the weather cooperates I'm going to start working on the cars and hopefully get the S out and about. The inspection sticker is expired (this is the first time in 17 years that that has happened) so I don't want to push my luck but would like to get some fresh gas in it and give it a run.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (04-27-2021)

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?