S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 12-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Today is the warmest for a while, until I get to southern California on Wednesday night. I need to ride. I'm lazy. It's breezy. I need a kick in the butt. Riding today was my plan. Stained glass work, too, but I've got that down to six pieces to foil. It's hard to get motivated when it's not sunny and warmish.

Last edited by Kyras; 12-07-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:23 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I guess you don't have clear bra. Not interested in it? I have all those parts clear bra-ed.
No, the damage was done before I could get a bra on it. The new clear bra will go on in March.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
No, the damage was done before I could get a bra on it. The new clear bra will go on in March.
Good. It does help but not when you hit parking stops with the lip.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Just made plans for tomorrow to go with the +1 and a friend to see the GLOW exhibits in Georgetown and have a bite to eat. The exhibits are lighted art installations in various parts of Georgetown. Nice walking around to see them and the weather will cooperate.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:45 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Oh, the Orca platter (see above) was really yummy. And drinks were good, too. I had a pear sangria and some prosecco. The +1 had quite a variety with our friends - a couple of Irish Old Fashioneds, some red wine, a glass of cognac and a shot of tequila. Too much mixing for me. He still managed to do some work after we came home. Can't vouch for the quality, however.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Today is the warmest for a while, until I get to southern California on Wednesday night. I need to ride. I'm lazy. It's breezy. I need a kick in the butt. Riding today was my plan. Stained glass work, too, but I've got that down to six pieces to foil. It's hard to get motivated when it's not sunny and warmish.
^
You are catching on to this winter thing very quickly! LOL! I enjoy walking but once the temp are below 50, not so much. Having friends at the Y keeps me motivated to get out of bed and go to a class. Getting motivated to get on the treadmill is totally different.....

Today it was 33 and I decided I needed to be outside, I bundled up, took my camera and hit a few favorite spots. Not much wildlife around Saw a harbor seal but he was not cooperative. Took a couple photos on the docks. A warmer day tomorrow, then no sun until Thursday then temps are cold again Winter...........it does last forever!

Old 12-07-2019, 03:51 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
You are catching on to this winter thing very quickly! LOL! I enjoy walking but once the temp are below 50, not so much. Having friends at the Y keeps me motivated to get out of bed and go to a class. Getting motivated to get on the treadmill is totally different.....

Today it was 33 and I decided I needed to be outside, I bundled up, took my camera and hit a few favorite spots. Not much wildlife around Saw a harbor seal but he was not cooperative. Took a couple photos on the docks. A warmer day tomorrow, then no sun until Thursday then temps are cold again Winter...........it does last forever!
I'm catching on alright. No color until May. Six months of gray. Yesterday, I drove a woman to her hair appointment at noon and then ended up picking her up at a grocery store later and taking her home, for my SAINT volunteer job. Someone gave her a bundle of small carnations in the store. Two flowers fell off in my car. I put them in water. Color! I'm surprised how much I love those two little flowers. I WILL ride tomorrow. I think. I plan on getting rides in while in California. Jerry (Spokes Man) and I have a riding date next Friday. He's 11 years older than I am but he will probably still out ride me on his single-speed while I'm on my 11-speed ElliptiGO.

​​

Last edited by Kyras; 12-07-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:41 PM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I got my decorations down from the attic and decorated for Christmas. It's been hard to enjoy Christmas like I usually do this year but I'm trying to make the best of it. Going to send out some cards tomorrow and maybe do some online shopping.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:59 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
The +1 had quite a variety with our friends - a couple of Irish Old Fashioneds, some red wine, a glass of cognac and a shot of tequila. Too much mixing for me.
That's some mix!! I had fond recollections of cognac when I was in France so last year I picked up a bottle of Hennessy cognac. Either my tastes have changed or its not what I had in France. I still have most of the bottle untouched.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

I'm catching on alright. No color until May. Six months of gray. Yesterday, I drove a woman to her hair appointment at noon and then ended up picking her up at a grocery store later and taking her home, for my SAINT volunteer job. Someone gave her a bundle of small carnations in the store. Two flowers fell off in my car. I put them in water. Color! I'm surprised how much I love those two little flowers. I WILL ride tomorrow. I think. I plan on getting rides in while in California. Jerry (Spokes Man) and I have a riding date next Friday. He's 11 years older than I am but he will probably still out ride me on his single-speed while I'm on my 11-speed ElliptiGO.

Yeah, gray, lots of gray! Tell Jerry I said hello!

​​
Originally Posted by robb
I got my decorations down from the attic and decorated for Christmas. It's been hard to enjoy Christmas like I usually do this year but I'm trying to make the best of it. Going to send out some cards tomorrow and maybe do some online shopping.
Do what works for you, Rob. I'm not much of a Christmas person and I hate that my sister who loved it so much is not here with us any longer to celebrate. I'll be glad when it's over.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?