S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?

Old 06-28-2020, 06:59 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

​​​​^6-28-2020. I was happy staying home this weekend. I only left the house to get in two ElliptiGO rides.
The following users liked this post:
hecash (06-29-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 08:20 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

We did not leave ours either. Nothing new. Pretty much finished up another painting. Cleaned a couple driveways. Played with our puppy. Looks like we have several dry weeks of nearly 90° weather coming, which is just a bit too darn hot for me but it all depends on the humidity. Hoping to meet some friends at an outside bar mid-week when the crowd is small, since its not worth taking any chances. Picked up carryout Friday night at one of our regular Friday stops - first time in that bar in 3+ months and it was good to see the small pub is still in business and the helps the same. Highlight of the weekend, really; wasn't sure they would make it given the small business closings. The staff and cook all recognized me even under the mask!
Old 06-29-2020, 06:07 PM

Received 4,240 Likes on 3,301 Posts

I had some relatives stop by Sunday afternoon and they wanted to take me out to lunch. I told them how expensive it is since it is a resort town but they said it's o.k. So we went to what is the cheapest place I know of and the good news is every one was masked up and we were able to eat outside at picnic tables. The bad news 3 sandwiches, 2 small bags of chips, 2 cookies and 2 soda's came to sixty five dollars. I thought that was pretty high but I'm cuopon man so maybe that is what the norm is nowadays.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by robb
I had some relatives stop by Sunday afternoon and they wanted to take me out to lunch. I told them how expensive it is since it is a resort town but they said it's o.k. So we went to what is the cheapest place I know of and the good news is every one was masked up and we were able to eat outside at picnic tables. The bad news 3 sandwiches, 2 small bags of chips, 2 cookies and 2 soda's came to sixty five dollars. I thought that was pretty high but I'm cuopon man so maybe that is what the norm is nowadays.
That's high in my life! But if I break it down to just me at about $16 without chips, before tip, it's what I might spend on a special occasion but not normally. I feel like eating out is a treat as that's how it was when I grew up. It's ingrained.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:49 PM

I'm usually rolling into Subway with a coupon in my pocket for a five dollar sub!
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (06-29-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 07:10 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
That's high in my life! But if I break it down to just me at about $16 without chips, before tip, it's what I might spend on a special occasion but not normally. I feel like eating out is a treat as that's how it was when I grew up. It's ingrained.
$16.00 is a special occasion tab? What's on the menu?

We aren't into fancy restaurants, but we do like to eat out, usually once a week. We have some reasonable restaurants around here. A couple fancier ones. We tend to go to the reasonable ones. Generally, the menu might include nice salads, burgers, fish & chips (big around here) other seafood and the usual chicken, pasta, steak. Italian is always a favorite too. Right about now, burgers might be in the $12.00 range, fries included the meals may start around $15.00-$18.00 for some seafood, higher for other dishes and steaks. Obviously, the prices are higher in tourist areas. And drinks and tax and tip add to what is being spent. I don't mind paying more for certain seafood meals, or something we don't cook at home, but I do not dish out $$$ for a meal of chicken. We eat enough chicken at home.

We rarely ate out when I was a kid. It just didn't happen except for once or twice a year until fast food came around. It wasn't in the budget.

As an adult, eating out is a social thing, enjoying a meal with friends is most pleasant. If it's just the two of us, I find we talk more when eating out than when we are at home. Back in the day when we were working, sometimes we just didn't feel like cooking.

Everyone spends their $ on things that they enjoy and everyone has limits as to what they may spend on specific things. I'd buy camera equipment before a fancy purse, clothes, shoes, or jewelry any day of the week, but that's just me.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by robb
I'm usually rolling into Subway with a coupon in my pocket for a five dollar sub!
Foot long of 6 inch? I bought a footlong tuna three nights ago. It was much better the first night. The second night it was kind of soggy.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:28 PM

i never eat out in the area where I live because of the prices. Most of the people who come up to the area where I live are used to shopping in Manhattan so they don't even blink an eye at the prices that are charged. I've seen people come up on Friday night and go to our little market in town and do all their grocery shopping for the weekend there and you are talking like 400 bucks for a small shopping cart of food.There used to be deals that you could find here and there when I first moved up here in the late 90's but not anymore. I guess I'm just frugal to me to pay over five dollars for a can of coke is nuts. It taste the same whether it is 99 cents or 5 bucks.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Foot long of 6 inch? I bought a footlong tuna three nights ago. It was much better the first night. The second night it was kind of soggy.
Five dollar foot long at subwayyyyyyyyyy
Old 06-29-2020, 07:33 PM

I haven't had subway in quite awhile. I used to love D'Angelo's but most of them around me have closed. Used to get the big seafood salad sandwich there or cheeseburger really good.
My Dad sent me a giftcard over the winter for McDonalds that's the last fast food I had. I'm not really a big fan of McDonald's but I got a vanilla shake and it was so good.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend ?