S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 04-19-2018, 07:23 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Well we are ending our vacation a day early. The beach days just were too infrequent. It was too darn cold. Got a little beach time in on Tuesday, a decent amount on Wednesday and then today. Today was the warmest day we've had, but the winds were up and we were getting sandblasted at the beach. Hung around the pool a bit, but the girls were getting a bit restless with lack of beach time...so was I. Tonight the temps are dropping into the 40's and will struggle to get to mid 60's tomorrow. So we all decided to head home tomorrow Hate to end the vacation early, but we won't mind having the day at home on Sunday. I knew we tempted the fates being in SC in mid-April two years in a row.....
Old 04-20-2018, 01:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

That is too bad...April has been not very spring like here, either. Very chilly and windy.

This weekend is a big family weekend. My SIL's sister is a painter in Chicago. She has a gallery show opening here. About 20 of her relatives and mine are in town for it. Last night we had a family dinner for my nephew's (the one who moved here) birthday. Today, tomorrow and Sun all the peeps who flew in are doing the DC sightseeing stuff. I'm not. I'm resting up from the bathroom restoration, which was completed yesterday. YAY! Tonight my sis and her hubby (from FL) are coming over for dinner out up the street. Tomorrow is the gallery reception followed by dinner for the whole group downtown. Not sure about Sun for us. Winging it. Here is the link for the art opening:

Colleen Cox — neptune fine art
Old 04-20-2018, 03:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

well Lainey it would be greatly appreciated if you could bring whatever warmth you can find back north with you please?
Old 04-20-2018, 05:21 AM

I'll try Jerry. I'm wearing sandals if that helps
Old 04-20-2018, 07:06 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Well we are ending our vacation a day early. The beach days just were too infrequent. It was too darn cold. Got a little beach time in on Tuesday, a decent amount on Wednesday and then today. Today was the warmest day we've had, but the winds were up and we were getting sandblasted at the beach. Hung around the pool a bit, but the girls were getting a bit restless with lack of beach time...so was I. Tonight the temps are dropping into the 40's and will struggle to get to mid 60's tomorrow. So we all decided to head home tomorrow Hate to end the vacation early, but we won't mind having the day at home on Sunday. I knew we tempted the fates being in SC in mid-April two years in a row.....
Sorry it didn't work out. We will be in the 60s for the next 10 days; really looking forward to that!!
Old 04-20-2018, 08:45 AM

It's all good Dave. The girls still enjoyed the trip. I got to see my sisters. One I have not seen since Mom passed almost two years ago. I hate that we live so far apart We are on the road now. The girls are using the Internet in the car to watch Netflix. Technology.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
That is too bad...April has been not very spring like here, either. Very chilly and windy.

This weekend is a big family weekend. My SIL's sister is a painter in Chicago. She has a gallery show opening here. About 20 of her relatives and mine are in town for it. Last night we had a family dinner for my nephew's (the one who moved here) birthday. Today, tomorrow and Sun all the peeps who flew in are doing the DC sightseeing stuff. I'm not. I'm resting up from the bathroom restoration, which was completed yesterday. YAY! Tonight my sis and her hubby (from FL) are coming over for dinner out up the street. Tomorrow is the gallery reception followed by dinner for the whole group downtown. Not sure about Sun for us. Winging it. Here is the link for the art opening:

Colleen Cox — neptune fine art
Forgot the +1 is running the GW Pkwy 10-miler on Sun AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 422 Likes on 386 Posts

Hottest April since 1941 here
Old 04-21-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Today: Cleaning. My mother's Mothers Day wish is to dine at my humble abode, so time to scrape the dual-income-mania-pond-scum off the corners of the place and do some honest Spring Cleaning while we can.
Tomorrow: 29 miles on the bike; we'll see if it kills us.
Tomorrow evening: maybe smoke some ribs. . . ribs sound good, right?
Old 04-21-2018, 10:44 AM

Sitting in traffic in CT. You can always count on CT for unpleasant road trip time. Two and a half hours to go unless.......

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?