S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 03-28-2018, 04:27 AM

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
I'll prolly be getting the house ready for Barbara's return from rehab on Tuesday of next week.
Make sure the laundry is done and the counters are clean! I hope she is progressing quickly.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:33 AM

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Oh as far as the weekend. I guess we will be putting the living room back in order. The last room of wallpaper is now wallpaper free. Painter man has been working in the house this week, should be done Friday. I am looking for some new lamps and window valances. I may have to use the old stuff as I search for what I want. I'd like a new carpet as well...We have a nice area rug, but I want something lighter, less fussy in style. That may be phase #2. Vacations coming up, time and $ being spent elsewhere.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:56 AM

Received 2,752 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
One of my fave pics from a previous year.

Posted that pic in anticipation of seeing the blossoms a couple of weeks ago. Now it's April 10 due to cold weather.
The following users liked this post:
Legal Bill (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 05:47 AM
Former Moderator

Received 622 Likes on 376 Posts

We are driving to Colorado from Houston on Thursday/ Friday; Chris driving the Jeep, and I the S. We are spending Easter with friends there. Tara is exited; she knows what ‘Colorado’ means. She rides in the S.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:59 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Bill, how is Barbara doing?
Well, thank you for asking. While she has some post operative problems, we have been told they are all typical after-effects of the surgery and will diminish with more use of the leg. Her PT is progressing ok. She is six days post op now. I spend four hours a day with her in the rehab center, mostly to keep her company and eat the hospital food she doesn't want. Last night we were able to walk down the hall ways of the rehab center with her using a walker. We are only talking about a 100' walk, but that is good progress. We have a discharge meeting on Friday to discuss her progress and the preparations I will have to make at home for her return on Tuesday of next week. We already have one walker for each floor of the house and a shower seat. They will probably tell me to child proof the basement, make sure cats can't get on the roof, and disinfect the ceilings. But hey, it's not about me.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Make sure the laundry is done and the counters are clean! I hope she is progressing quickly.
I did three loads two days ago. That should be good enough.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:52 PM

Received 3,178 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
I did three loads two days ago. That should be good enough.
I backed up but I can't find whether this was a hip or knee replacement. These are the hardest well except for shoulders. Hang in there, Bill! It will get better for both of you.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:01 AM

Received 3,727 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Made a promise that I would have something done for someone at work.
Looks like I'll be working. Honestly I don't have to work but if I make a commitment I really try an honor my word.
Sometimes integrity still matters.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kyras
I backed up but I can't find whether this was a hip or knee replacement. These are the hardest well except for shoulders. Hang in there, Bill! It will get better for both of you.
It is hip replacement and yes, it is a difficult recovery. I'm doing my best to keep Barbara's spirits up but she gets frustrated at the things she can't do. I think she will feel better when she gets home but she is concerned that she won't be able to get around the house. That is why we opted for rehab rather than have her come home from the hospital. I am going to the discharge consultation today where I will hear their recommendations for preparations I should make here at home. Then I'll spend the weekend trying to put the recommendations in place so the house is ready when she gets home on Tuesday. Meanwhile, I hope she continues to improve every day so that when she gets home she has an easier time of navigating steps, sitting, standing and getting dressed. Socks and shoes are really tough.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:27 AM

Received 2,752 Likes on 1,646 Posts

^ Normally there are some in-home visits from a physical and occupational therapist. Will she have those? The occupational one tells all the things about how to manage in the home while recovering.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?