S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 03-11-2018, 02:53 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I was fine with the dryness and liked it a lot but I've got an asthma type thing going on and am using an Albuterol inhaler prescribed on Friday. I'm not using the codeine cough syrup anymore.

I thought I could pick up a humidifier today but no. I ended up ordering one on Amazon for Tuesday or Wednesday delivery. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MCDMF2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I can't remember if it was before or after I was actually diagnosed with the asthma, but I remember being at my sister's in NH. She had a wood stove. I coughed all night long as we hung out. Went upstairs to go to bed and the coughing stopped. Put 2+2 together not long after. Wood stoves create really dry air.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Dry air is tough on some of us with asthma. I spent the last week in the AZ desert and was miserable. I’m glad to be back home and in moist air!
Old 03-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,532 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I can't remember if it was before or after I was actually diagnosed with the asthma, but I remember being at my sister's in NH. She had a wood stove. I coughed all night long as we hung out. Went upstairs to go to bed and the coughing stopped. Put 2+2 together not long after. Wood stoves create really dry air.
For sure, Lainey. I've had asthma before and was treated for it with different inhalers but it's been a few years. We had a wood burning fireplace in Acton. I always get it after a cold tries, or succeeds, in taking me down. I'm sure looking forward to the humidifier. When I was in California last week my eyes were dry and crusty when I'd wake up. I could have used it there.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Dry air is tough on some of us with asthma. I spent the last week in the AZ desert and was miserable. I’m glad to be back home and in moist air!
Heat and dry air are a double threat. I feel like I'm drying up from the inside out when it's dry and 100 degrees F or more. I don't get asthma then, but I'm miseramiserable.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:19 PM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

I have a Carrier central humidifier on the furnace. It is so accurate its scary. In the past I've left it at one setting for months at a time but this year our outside temps have gone all over the place so I've reset it a lot by following this schedule. And its amazing how I can get it to exactly any number I prefer.

Ideal Indoor Relative Humidity Levels by Outdoor Temperature

· Outdoor temperature over 50˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 50%
· Outdoor temperature over 20˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 40%
· Outdoor temperature between 10˚F and 20˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 35%
· Outdoor temperature between 0˚F and 10˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 30%
· Outdoor temperature between -10˚F and 0˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 25%
· Outdoor temperature between -20˚F and -10˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 20%
· Outdoor temperature at -20˚F or lower, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 15%
Old 03-11-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
For sure, Lainey. I've had asthma before and was treated for it with different inhalers but it's been a few years. We had a wood burning fireplace in Acton. I always get it after a cold tries, or succeeds, in taking me down. I'm sure looking forward to the humidifier. When I was in California last week my eyes were dry and crusty when I'd wake up. I could have used it there.
A cold is a recipe for an asthma flare for sure. I've not had many issues in the last little while. I do take a daily preventative medication, and I have to change that medication as my insurance has moved it into the most expensive tier. Not happy about this as I've been in good control, but I don't want to spend the $$$, so I'll give the other med a try.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dlq04
I have a Carrier central humidifier on the furnace. It is so accurate its scary. In the past I've left it at one setting for months at a time but this year our outside temps have gone all over the place so I've reset it a lot by following this schedule. And its amazing how I can get it to exactly any number I prefer.

Ideal Indoor Relative Humidity Levels by Outdoor Temperature

· Outdoor temperature over 50˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 50%
· Outdoor temperature over 20˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 40%
· Outdoor temperature between 10˚F and 20˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 35%
· Outdoor temperature between 0˚F and 10˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 30%
· Outdoor temperature between -10˚F and 0˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 25%
· Outdoor temperature between -20˚F and -10˚F, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 20%
· Outdoor temperature at -20˚F or lower, indoor humidity levels shouldn’t exceed 15%
Thanks for the reminder. I have a humidifier as part of my heater. It's definitely time to bump up the setting!
Old 03-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Member (Premium)

I'm guessing this indoor (blue) humidity of 27% at 70°F is on the dry side. It didn't really get to 71°F outside today. The sun is hitting the sensor.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:53 AM

Received 792 Likes on 534 Posts

Annual St. Patty's Day on Saturday in Naples then a party on the beach. This is the longest parade in the U.S. and after 2.5 hours I can honestly say I hate "When Irish eyes are smiling". We get lots of parade participants and viewers from New England. Since I must wear green as required from our Boston friends I plan to wear my green SB champions EAGLES HAT.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:13 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

I don't think Naples is the longest. Savannah's was about four hours when we went and it is #4 in the country. New York's is six hours.

New York St Patricks Day Parade
Chicago St Patricks Day Parade
Boston St Patricks Day Parade
Savannah St Patricks Day Parade
Kansas City St Patricks Day Parade
Scranton St Patricks Day Parade
San Francisco St Patricks Day Parade
Philadelphia St Patricks Day Parade
Syracuse NY St Patricks Day Parade

Last edited by MsPerky; 03-12-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?