S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 12-13-2017, 04:52 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

My sister is hosting a holiday gathering at her house, so we will go there Saturday. Guests will include a few of my local cousins, some friends of hers and by extension, ours, along with a few really cute kids. It will be fun.

Also Saturday will be a Zumba ladies breakfast as one of our "gang" is going to Atlanta for Christmas. Next Saturday we will do one more breakfast where a few of us do exchange small gifts. Monday evening is another Zumba lady outing. A few of us are meeting up with a woman who used to come to the Zumba class until she developed cognitive issues. We reached out to her daughter and are keeping in touch. The Zumba lady is doing OK, with help at home, but no longer drives. Her daughter asked if any of us would like to join her and her Mom for dinner, so a few of us are going.

Busy,busy!
Old 12-13-2017, 05:30 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Sat the +1 and my nephew are running (+1 10K and nephew 5K) a Jingle Bell race out in Ashburn, VA where nephew lives. Then we are going to their place to visit for awhile and have lunch. Santa will be at the race (other than all those dressed up as Santa) so my little grandnieces will be happy about that. The older one has been asking to see Santa. Sun is the +1's birthday and I'm taking him to brunch at a newish Italian restaurant downtown (called Sfoglina) that is getting rave reviews.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my first S a few months ago and this weekend I'm going to install a new radio, speakers, and regrease the shifter and bath him
Old 12-17-2017, 09:30 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Sat the +1 and my nephew are running (+1 10K and nephew 5K) a Jingle Bell race out in Ashburn, VA where nephew lives. Then we are going to their place to visit for awhile and have lunch. Santa will be at the race (other than all those dressed up as Santa) so my little grandnieces will be happy about that. The older one has been asking to see Santa. Sun is the +1's birthday and I'm taking him to brunch at a newish Italian restaurant downtown (called Sfoglina) that is getting rave reviews.
Both did well in their races. Brunch today was really, really good. The +1 had a Manhattan. I could not drink since I'm finishing up some antibiotics. Then he had a nice frittata and I had some delish branzino with polenta. Dessert was a yummy cinnamon roll with a twist of chocolate and blood orange gelato. Now resting.

Next weekend is of course Christmas Eve/Day. We will be doing our traditional Christmas Eve dinner out - this year a famous place downtown called Old Ebbitt Grill that we like. The +1 will be having oysters. Not sure what I'm having. Also will be preparing the quail that day for the next day at nephew's house. And taking roasted root veggies and maybe something else. Did get the little grandnieces a couple of things from the American Girl website. They don't care about the dolls so much as the accessories, like the tea party set, etc.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Neighbors Xmas party last night, watching the Ravens and Eagles game now. Ravens playing the Browns who are 0-13.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:09 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Just went for a bike ride. It's almost 70 degrees, couldn't stay indoors.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morris
Just went for a bike ride. It's almost 70 degrees, couldn't stay indoors.
It's 70 degrees here too!!! INDOORS! Weekend is almost done. Good time at the family gathering last night, today we had to do a few errands, took a few winter photos this afternoon and went out for a late lunch. This weekend is the Christmas weekend. Celebrating Christmas with our son and his family next Saturday, Christmas Eve at a friend's daughter's house and Christmas day one of the NE S2000 guys and his +1 are having dinner with us. Busy, busy again!

Here's outdoors...a little snow Friday, temps below freezing past few days.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Love that shot. Get that name of it so I can take credit for it!
Old 12-17-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Love that shot. Get that name of it so I can take credit for it!
Thanks, Dave.You're a smart guy...I'd bet your could figure out how to remove the name. Maybe you should get out your paintbrushes and paint the scene?
Old 12-17-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Thanks, Dave.You're a smart guy...I'd bet your could figure out how to remove the name. Maybe you should get out your paintbrushes and paint the scene?
you give me too much credit; hell, I can't even spell "off" but I am working on a painting.... that has bee on my bucket list 30+ years!!! You may or may never see it.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?