S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 11-11-2017, 12:41 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Spent the afternoon vacuuming cobwebs in the basement. Tomorrow I'll vacuum the shop before putting the S2000 away. I live a champagne life!
Me too, after waxing two cars this week in my heated garage I put the MG there. Sure enough, a headlight died on my F150 last night. It's deer season so it's not something one can put off, so I changed it today in 32° temps because I didn't want to bother with doing the hassle of swapping spaces. It reminded me of the good old days. In fact the lighting was so bad I had to get the wife to hold the cord light - - I never realized the F150 had an aluminum hood till today when the magnet light would not stick anywhere close to where I needed it. I don't miss the days of freezing hands and/or using a propane jet heater.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Pig roast was really good. They had a big grill outside the restaurant with some small whole pigs roasting. It was Eastern Carolina style (vinegar based). Tix were $35 for all the pig and sides you could eat, plus three drinks (mostly bourbon) and a t-shirt! I could only have one drink it was so strong, and the +1 got a bit tipsy on his three. Gave away a couple of drink tickets to the young guys next to us. They were happy.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

I drove to a neighbor's just now to pick up free cake doilies. My first time driving past two homes with my cast on.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:38 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

^^ Good for you, Patty!
Old 11-13-2017, 04:01 AM
Member (Premium)

Navajo tacos at the nephew's place last night were yummy.

This weekend is a traditional one for us - the Annapolis Running Classic. The +1 will run the half marathon on Sat and we have plans to dine at one of our fave restaurants - Café Normandie - Sat evening. Always get in lots of walking since we park the car Fri and don't use it again until we leave Sun. Normally stay at the Westin, which we love, but it is fully booked, so will try Loews this time. Still a convenient location for the Navy/Marine Corps stadium and downtown.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyras
I drove to a neighbor's just now to pick up free cake doilies. My first time driving past two homes with my cast on.
Is that a walking cast? If not, when do you get one of those and lose the scooter? I assume before you can drive back to CO. Or does everything have to be off first? In any event, good luck.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:47 AM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

I had a busy weekend. I was out more than in. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with the granddaughter doing some early Christmas shopping. At her advanced age of 16 it's better if she selects her gifts. So we had a fun time. Nothing she chose broke the bank and we had lunch at her favorite sandwich shop.

She wanted something decorative to hang on the wall over her bed, but as it happens, what we selected was too big, so I need to make a trip this weekend to return it. This weekend Rick will put the "P" car to bed for it's long winter nap.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:51 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Is that a walking cast? If not, when do you get one of those and lose the scooter? I assume before you can drive back to CO. Or does everything have to be off first? In any event, good luck.
It's not a walking cast. I emailed my orthopedic doctor to ask similar questions, last night. I don't know the answers to your questions. This morning (11-13-2017) Ricky will drive me to Kaiser to get this cast off. I think it's being replaced with a strap-on splint that will still be non-weight bearing. My hope is that I will be able to remove the strap-on splint and drive but I doubt I'll be able to walk on it since the navicular bone is fractured and it needs to heal. I also have two fractures in the big toe and that might affect when I can walk on it. I don't know.

^11-7-2017. Day 8 of cast.

BTW, this was my big event of the weekend. Ricky and I went to Walmart last night. I found this mug and texted a photo to my son, who is a boss at Google in Boulder, CO.

Last edited by Kyras; 11-13-2017 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:59 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Good to see you out and about. I would have kept the mug a secret and sent it to him as a Christmas gift.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:09 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Good to see you out and about. I would have kept the mug a secret and sent it to him as a Christmas gift.
That that was my first thought, too.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?