S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 10-27-2017, 11:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Your friend is a smart dude!

My sister had a bad ankle break and needed plates and screws, a friend had major foot surgery. Both had to be off their feet for quite some time and both used this device. Way easier to get around and less stressful on the arms/shoulders than crutches.

Patty, if you do need one of these, hope it's for a brief time only.
I've only had the crutches for about 14 hours. I hate them. I used them 27 years ago when I broke my leg skiing and didn't mind them too much, then.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Member (Premium)

I wanted to see what was going on under the ace bandages. Not just a toe problem. Of course, now that it's 24 hours after the crash, the body aches are showing up more, too. Wahh. 

Old 10-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Patty, I'm so sorry. I had crutches when my foot and two toes were broken in the S2k accident. Totallllllllly hated them!!!!! I ended up walking on the heal of my cast (which I also hated). I graduated to a boot a few weeks later and it was better. Hope you get the device you'd rather have. I'm just sad for you and hoping you get better really fast.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by valentine
Patty, I'm so sorry. I had crutches when my foot and two toes were broken in the S2k accident. Totallllllllly hated them!!!!! I ended up walking on the heal of my cast (which I also hated). I graduated to a boot a few weeks later and it was better. Hope you get the device you'd rather have. I'm just sad for you and hoping you get better really fast.
Thank you, Darlene. I'm sure I'll feel much better in a few days. I'm lucky that I don't need to go to work. If I need to stay off my foot I will get one of those rollers.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I wanted to see what was going on under the ace bandages. Not just a toe problem. Of course, now that it's 24 hours after the crash, the body aches are showing up more, too. Wahh. 
Patty I'm no doctor, even if I play one on the internet, but R.I.C.E. is recommended. Rest, Ice, compression and elevation. Your doc might want you to keep those ace bandages on. They may help control swelling....If the swelling diminishes, your foot might feel better.

I feel bad for you. You are not used to sitting still......
Old 10-27-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident Patty. Hope recovery goes smoothly. Put some real motorcycle riding boots on your Christmas list. I think they would have prevented, or at least lessened, your injury.

I dropped my motorcycle today and went down with it!
First time in 32 years of motorcycle ownership. I was maneuvering it in the garage getting it in position to store it. In a it got away from me. I had just been admiring how good it looked for 17 years old. Broke off the left side mirror, bent the shift lever and scratched the high point of the front fairing. Got lucky, no broken plastic. I was able to wet sand and polish the scratch--not perfect, but not too bad. Straightened the shift lever. Just have to buy a mirror.

It has been a few hours and I am now feeling a bruise on my hip. Fortunately nothing like your injuries.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,647 Posts

not to be to blunt Patty but that's uuuuugllyyyy!!!

The blood around the ankle could be a severe sprain on the ankle. ( yeah don't ask me how I know)
Maybe even a little baby break where the ligament goes into the bone. ( ditto previous comment)
The good news is that kind of beak is better than a ligament tear because it will heal a lot faster.

I'm guessing that's gonna slow you down for a little while.
And the worst part is that's your throttle foot.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by boltonblue
not to be to blunt Patty but that's uuuuugllyyyy!!!

The blood around the ankle could be a severe sprain on the ankle. ( yeah don't ask me how I know)
Maybe even a little baby break where the ligament goes into the bone. ( ditto previous comment)
The good news is that kind of beak is better than a ligament tear because it will heal a lot faster.

I'm guessing that's gonna slow you down for a little while.
And the worst part is that's your throttle foot.
Yeah, part of the reason I'm in California is for the NSX drive on Sunday. Not going to make it.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Sorry to hear about your accident Patty. Hope recovery goes smoothly. Put some real motorcycle riding boots on your Christmas list. I think they would have prevented, or at least lessened, your injury.

I dropped my motorcycle today and went down with it!
First time in 32 years of motorcycle ownership. I was maneuvering it in the garage getting it in position to store it. In a it got away from me. I had just been admiring how good it looked for 17 years old. Broke off the left side mirror, bent the shift lever and scratched the high point of the front fairing. Got lucky, no broken plastic. I was able to wet sand and polish the scratch--not perfect, but not too bad. Straightened the shift lever. Just have to buy a mirror.

It has been a few hours and I am now feeling a bruise on my hip. Fortunately nothing like your injuries.
I've been riding motorcycles for 43 years and tried real dirt bike boots. I hated them and won't wear them. I honestly believe I'd have crashed more often if I wore them. I can't feel the brake lever or the shifter with boots. My Kawasaki KLX must have tangled up with my boot, somehow. The big toe has two torsion fractures in it. The heel was peeled from the boot.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Patty, check your email.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?