S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 09-15-2017, 04:42 AM

Received 2,969 Likes on 1,714 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
If we were not going on the cruise we could have gotten together in Del. Chincoteague is a cool place to visit and their oysters are the best. Enjoy and be safe.
^
You have a good time too, Ray. I'm looking at options should we need to divert. Will also call the hotel in VA to ask about the cost if we need to check out early....All small issues compared to what folks are dealing with in TX and Florida, for sure...
Old 09-15-2017, 05:56 AM

Received 1,573 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
You have a good time too, Ray. I'm looking at options should we need to divert. Will also call the hotel in VA to ask about the cost if we need to check out early....All small issues compared to what folks are dealing with in TX and Florida, for sure...
The area around St. Michaels, MD, is worth considering as an alternate. Visiting St. Michaels MD - things to do and see, places to stay
Old 09-15-2017, 06:48 AM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
That sounds like a GREAT weekend plan. I've never been to RA, but hope to get there after retirement.
After 20 years of coming here (I'm in downtown Elkhart Lake as I write this.) the priorities that I give to attending are as follows:
1 = Weathertech Challange (locally we call it the "Brian Redmond" or BRIC) the biggest and best vintage festival and car show. Hotels should be booked 6 months in advance as a minimum. **
2 = IMSA
3 = Indy Car
4 = Spring Vintage Festival **
5 = Fall Vintage Festival **

** indicates events where you may pay a fee ($50-75) to take your own car (not minivan) onto the track for an hour of touring at midday.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:54 AM

Received 5,332 Likes on 3,171 Posts

Yep, Brian's event is tops on my list as well.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene
The area around St. Michaels, MD, is worth considering as an alternate. Visiting St. Michaels MD - things to do and see, places to stay
Thanks, Gene. Will email myself the link. I am a real organizer and spent time researching where to go and what to see. To have to do some last minute switching around will be a PIA.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:42 AM

Thanks, Gene. Will email myself the link. I am a real organizer and spent time researching where to go and what to see. To have to do some last minute switching around will be a PIA.
One other note. If you're going to be coming down US13 or US113 through the DelMarVa Peninsula, be aware that this is Bike Weekend in Ocean City, MD. Lots and lots of Harley's heading that way will be using those routes.

http://ocbikefest.com/oc-bikefest-in...aily-schedule/
Old 09-15-2017, 01:16 PM

Just cancelled the first part of our trip to Chincoteague. We'll go more inland and re-assess later in the week as to heading in DE...we may just go west.... Our own area may see more of an impact than Chincoteague, time will tell. Rick is securing a few things out in the yard to be on the safe side. Hurricanes are just too unpredictable to spend $$ on a coastal trip to possibly spend time watching the rain fall. I've got reservations for Sat and Sunday in PA, Wed, Thurs and maybe Friday in DE....we'll be weather watching to see what to do on Monday, Tuesday and to decide if DE will have to wait for another trip.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:18 PM

Received 5,332 Likes on 3,171 Posts

Just cancelled the first part of our trip to Chincoteague. We'll go more inland and re-assess later in the week as to heading in DE...we may just go west.... Our own area may see more of an impact than Chincoteague, time will tell. Rick is securing a few things out in the yard to be on the safe side. Hurricanes are just too unpredictable to spend $$ on a coastal trip to possibly spend time watching the rain fall. I've got reservations for Sat and Sunday in PA, Wed, Thurs and maybe Friday in DE....we'll be weather watching to see what to do on Monday, Tuesday and to decide if DE will have to wait for another trip.
All's quiet in the UP and colors are just starting to turn.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:11 PM

Old 09-15-2017, 08:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
rolled on the floor....laughing
I am not going to lie... I was proud of that one.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?