S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 09-12-2017, 05:21 PM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

We are on vacation next week. Road trip in the P car. Chincoteague VA is first destination. Scenery, photo taking, top down driving and craft beer will make for a good week. Fingers crossed for good weather.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

Heading up to Road America for the Fall Vintage Festival. There are six of us and we've rented a house for the four days in downtown Elkhart Lake. I'm running on the track on Saturday and then going to the vintage car show and auction. Good friends, good wine, good food and good cars is a killer recipe.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:00 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts

Originally Posted by hecash
Heading up to Road America for the Fall Vintage Festival. There are six of us and we've rented a house for the four days in downtown Elkhart Lake. I'm running on the track on Saturday and then going to the vintage car show and auction. Good friends, good wine, good food and good cars is a killer recipe.
That sounds GREAT. Harry, what is the monument you've got for a screen icon?
Old 09-12-2017, 09:14 PM

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
That sounds GREAT. Harry, what is the monument you've got for a screen icon?
It's at a relatively new VA cemetery near Duluth, MN. The artist's theme is that of an infantryman crossing into eternity to join his lost comrades-in-arms. Veterans have an alternate theme of an infantryman entering a cloud of Agent Orange. One of my cousins that was in VN with me visited it with his old buddy and put me and two other cousins that were with us on to it. I bonded to it instantly. I'm planning on visiting it next spring.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Fri night we are going to the KenCen for a pops concert:
"Get all shook up to the music of Elvis Presley and more golden age rock ’n’ rollers in a rollicking retrospective for the ages! Led by the smooth voice of star crooner Frankie Moreno, who “just may be the second coming of the King” (Where Magazine), this dynamic concert also spotlights the unforgettable dance styles of the ’50s and ’60s with sibling duo Lacey and Benji Schwimmer of Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance fame. Along with the King’s greatest hits, this jam-packed program features favorites by Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Ray Charles, The Beatles, and more with an NSO Pops twist—and shout!"
Sat we see my nephew and family who are just arriving here to live. Yay! Sun AM the +1 is running a half marathon downtown. Sun evening we are seeing the Nats/Dodgers game, which was moved from the afternoon because it's being televised on ESPN.
Not quite the weekend yet, but nephew arrived yesterday and movers are at his new apt this morning. He may come for dinner tonight, which means we can catch up before Sat.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:37 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by hecash
That sounds like a GREAT weekend plan. I've never been to RA, but hope to get there after retirement.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:42 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm not sure what I'm doing Friday. Probably working, but I'd rather not be. Saturday, i have been recruited for a bocce (bocci) tournament. Given that this is an all day neighborhood event, and I have zero experience with this game, I feel confident that I am filler for the brackets and will be a much desired opponent for the real players to beat. Sunday or Monday i have tentative plans to take a partner fishing around Martha's Vineyard.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:59 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,290 Likes on 995 Posts

Tailgating, then USC Texas in the Coliseum Saturday night.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
We are on vacation next week. Road trip in the P car. Chincoteague VA is first destination. Scenery, photo taking, top down driving and craft beer will make for a good week. Fingers crossed for good weather.
Sent you a PM, Lainey.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:54 PM

Received 5,797 Likes on 3,416 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Sound neat. I'm in a panic as summer is running out soooooooooo fast. It doesn't help that I have to play Good Grandpa this week and the next two. Got to pick the grandkids up from school mid-day on several afternoons and then try to keep their noses out of their phones for a couple hours till mom picks them up.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?