S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 08-13-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 5,361 Likes on 3,188 Posts

Nice, and has it held well? You probably don't get salted roads there - or do you?
Old 08-13-2017, 05:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Fresno garage with glued down flooring. Beautiful when it is clean, hard to fix if a tile becomes damaged.

Kuna garage- Race Deck. Easy to replace when a tile becomes damaged, good for snow/water, easy t install. Doesn't look as nice IMO.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 2,979 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Here it is, Sunday evening. My least favorite evening, as Monday morning will soon follow. Had a good weekend. Hung out with a few car folks at our house last night and today we went back to the Car Museum in RI. The local Porsche group had an AM meet there, so we decided to check it out. Saw some cool older Porsches as well as a few newer fancier ones. Erick from NE, (who also has a P car) along with his +1 Lisa joined us. Visited the museum again, stopped for lunch after. A good day out.

This coming weekend we have an 80th birthday party for Rick's sister in law (his late brother's wife). Should be a pleasant evening. Grandson's soccer season starts on Sunday.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:48 PM

Personally, I like the silver/black over either of those white/black - too hard on the eyes for me. If I were to do one I'd consider gray/white. Being cheap I originally painted my garage floor gray and I really liked it but marked up easily, so I re-did it in safety red which worked out much better.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 3,183 Likes on 1,750 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor
Beautiful house and beautiful surroundings., Patty! Congrats! When are you moving in?
^ That's an unknown as is if my current boyfriend will be joining me. I only laid my eyes on this house for the first time about 72 hours ago. I had no idea it would be the one I wanted to buy and move into. My bf is a Cali beach boy. I am not sure if my move will change our relationship or not.

Originally Posted by Morris

Here's a picture when it was in progress. Not the greatest shot, but you get the idea.
^ Thank you, Dean. I'll look into it but I think I'd want all white.
Originally Posted by dlq04
Personally, I like the silver/black over either of those white/black - too hard on the eyes for me. If I were to do one I'd consider gray/white. Being cheap I originally painted my garage floor gray and I really liked it but marked up easily, so I re-did it in safety red which worked out much better.
^ I prefer a solid color; smooth and easy on my eyes.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
I prefer a solid color; smooth and easy on my eyes.
I would likely as well.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:11 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

They have lots of colors and you can do all one, or add a border, or anything you want.
No we don't have salted roads here, no snow, rarely freezing.
It has held up just fine. As long as you don't jack your car up on one tile, no problems.
Sweep and mop to clean well. I bought a mop but have yet to use it.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:37 AM

Received 2,758 Likes on 1,650 Posts

This weekend will be fairly quiet. I'm just doing projects around the apt in prep for the start of the pipe replacement project. The +1 is in NJ with the kiddoes at Grandma's house. Fri I am having lunch with a friend after we see an exhibit at the National Gallery of Art on 18th century French paintings (and maybe some others). This week is restaurant week in DC, so you can get a fixed reduced price lunch or dinner at some very nice restaurants. We will be going to one for lunch near the gallery called Fiola. Haven't been there since it first opened, but it was excellent and still gets good reviews.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:50 AM

Received 740 Likes on 501 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
I have Race Deck silver with black and red accent stripes diamond back pattern on my floor. Interlocking, easy replacement and they have a honey comb backing which provides a nice cushion for my back when I am detailing vehicles.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 AM

Received 740 Likes on 501 Posts

Beautiful home and awesome setting. The view should look awesome covered with a couple feet of snow.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?