S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 08-13-2017, 07:18 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,680 Posts

[QUOTE=Kyras;24331801]^ The floor I put in my current garage is too slippery when it's wet. I love how clean it is but I was afraid it wouldn't be smart in a wetter climate. Do you have epoxy flooring?

No I wish I did but have too much crap in the garage to put it in now.
I don't know how well it would stand up to the accumulated sand. ( i have to literally shovel it out)
I also wish I had a drain but I've been told it's actually illegal.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It’s a beautiful home in a great community, Patty!!

Being from SoCal you may not know it, but Home Depot generally has good sales on two-stage electric start snow blowers. It would be for the touch up work after your professional snow removal services didn’t return after day-one.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,532 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Beautiful home, Patty. I like the no-lawnmower landscaping. (Didn't see any traditional "lawn" in the pics.) Do you know if any of the landscaping ornamentals are native to that area?
Looking out the basement great room to one grass area of the two, due west. BTW, I went to that house below and made new friends. The couple has two teenage boys and they will be great neighbors.
This is the slider the photo above was taken through.
There is this second lawn on the north side of the house.I'm a newbie to Colorado so I don't know native from non native plants. My sister has been in Colorado Springs for 25 years and she's all about plants so she's already been telling me what the plants look like from the photos. She'll most likely be at the house for the inspection on Friday and she'll get to see the plants in person.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:28 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Oh, well. At least you won't have to mow in the winter. They do have winter there, ya know.

I still love the plantings, particularly in front.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:09 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Patty, before we moved into our remodeled home I painted the walls sky blue and installed a Race Deck tile floor I bought on Amazon. Our two car garage cost me about $1,200 and the +1 and I installed it in a day and a half. It snapped together and was a piece of cake. It alternates black and silver (no I'm not a Raiders fan) and I get a lot of comments on it. Water can flow under it and out, so when you drive in from those snowy Colorado winters with snow and slush all over your car, you wouldn't have to worry about it melting in the garage. It isn't slippery, BTW.

Can I download pictures to this website and post them? I don't use another site to store pictures.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

^ You can, but you don't need to if they are stored on your computer. Just click on the Image icon above and you have the option of posting from different sources. I usually browse my device to select the photos I want to post. Easy.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
^ You can, but you don't need to if they are stored on your computer. Just click on the Image icon above and you have the option of posting from different sources. I usually browse my device to select the photos I want to post. Easy.
​​​​​​To add to what MsPerky said, after clicking on the picture icon, just drag and drop the picture from your computer. Easy-peasy! And, I would like to see that floor, as well.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
​​​​​​To add to what MsPerky said, after clicking on the picture icon, just drag and drop the picture from your computer. Easy-peasy! And, I would like to see that floor, as well.
Me too.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,291 Likes on 996 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
My sister, son and daughter will all be here by November. I need family!
Beautiful house and beautiful surroundings., Patty! Congrats! When are you moving in?
Old 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Here's a picture when it was in progress. Not the greatest shot, but you get the idea.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?