S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 08-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I think most people don't care about their garages. They want them insulated but aren't into the asthetics. We car people care a lot more about our car's bedroom.
I agree. Very few people in our new allotment are finishing their garage much less insulate them. I insulated before they drywalled and hired someone to finish the drywall. After that I put on about 7 gallons of paint and sealed the floor.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

^Yup. When we built our house some 18 years ago, I insisted on insulating and finishing the walls, including painting the garage. Additionally, I had the electrician install four 4-tube fluorescent fixtures in the ceiling. If there's one thing I hate, it's a dimly lit garage. My next-door neighbor has 2 60 watt incandescent fixtures in his, and wow, quite a difference.

Like Patty says, car folks vs. the rest of the world.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Damn, that's NICE. You clearly have too much money but if I was smart enough to invest in Tesla from day one, I might have too much also. Great looking house and garages. Like many others here we do get it that garages are not JUST garages. So family will all be there; how about the man in your life? Curious minds want to know. Of course, its really none of my business but I want you happy. And just minutes away from some of the greatest mountain drives in the USA!

Last edited by dlq04; 08-12-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

PS- That's a very unusual railing coming down on those steps from upstairs. That to me is maybe too unusual in the middle of the night. I'd be interested to hear what you think of that after you move in.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
You gonna get the whiz-bang epoxy garage floor put in before you sully it up with cars?
Handy in snowy climates.
are you booking visitors yet?
^ The floor I put in my current garage is too slippery when it's wet. I love how clean it is but I was afraid it wouldn't be smart in a wetter climate. Do you have epoxy flooring?

Originally Posted by jukngene
^Yup. When we built our house some 18 years ago, I insisted on insulating and finishing the walls, including painting the garage. Additionally, I had the electrician install four 4-tube fluorescent fixtures in the ceiling. If there's one thing I hate, it's a dimly lit garage. My next-door neighbor has 2 60 watt incandescent fixtures in his, and wow, quite a difference.

Like Patty says, car folks vs. the rest of the world.
^ Oh, yeah, lightning is high priority to add before moving in. I added lights to my current garage. I hate a dimly lit garage, too!
Originally Posted by dlq04
PS- That's a very unusual railing coming down on those steps from upstairs. That to me is maybe too unusual in the middle of the night. I'd be interested to hear what you think of that after you move in.
^I think it's cool the way the banister goes around the support. I love that it's a straight shot. There are three bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs. It's a walkout basement.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,540 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I am buying this house in Loveland, Colorado! I looked at it for the first time on Friday, August 11th and made my initial offer the same day. I just signed the contract for an agreed on sale price. I should close on August 31st. I won't be moving in right away and will not be selling my current house in Lake Forest, California.
That is a really nice house. I'd love to move out of So Cal. Not a big fan of the heat and traffic.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
That is a really nice house. I'd love to move out of So Cal. Not a big fan of the heat and traffic.
Yeah, I'm with you on the heat and traffic and I don't like the smell or sound, either. I'm a lifetime so Cal girl though so I'm not sure how I'll take a real winter.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Very nice, Patty...really looks like a new house. Lovely location, too. I particularly like the stone floor at the entrance. What kind of wood is that throughout? Different.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:58 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Congrats,Patty,very,very nice house,and surroundings.
Now,you will get to know,what a REAL winter is like...better get snowgrips for the Accord.

Last edited by Emil St-Hilaire; 08-13-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:04 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Beautiful home, Patty. I like the no-lawnmower landscaping. (Didn't see any traditional "lawn" in the pics.) Do you know if any of the landscaping ornamentals are native to that area?

Nice garage, Dave. Mine is too small to mess with. Barely room for the old Accord and all my car crap, tools, etc. But it is insulated and finished.

Think I will invest in better lighting. Never thought about it all that much but I can see the benefits.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?