S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 10-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend, see myself eating too much once again.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:48 AM
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Yes, free to do what you like with your property. I'm sure someone will come along with a comment about how dangerous things used to be and how safe they are now and something about people using phone line wires to run their electricity, but I'm talking about being able to build what you want on your property outside the control of the hive-minded collective. I could not build something with all that garage space in the town where I live without a lot of hearings and variances and non-building expenses.
IBTM, Bill?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:39 AM

Received 4,242 Likes on 3,302 Posts

So no more Columbus Day now it's indigenous people day?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

The +1 is headed to Baltimore on Fri to get his son for a Sat game in Philly between Memphis (son's alma mater) and Temple. Then he comes back late Sat night in order to run the Army Ten-Miler on Sun early AM. Yeah, he crazy...

I, on the other hand, will pick up a friend Sat in the Perkymobile, go to lunch and play mini golf at a local park.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:50 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Every day is a Saturday in retirement, right? Rick had been waiting for a cloudy cool day to detail the P car, so while he was doing that, I went to a winery with a friend. As mentioned elsewhere, I like the photo ops wineries can present. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I shared a tasting with my friend. They did have one dessert wine that I thought was pretty tasty. We strolled around the grounds a most pleasant afternoon.

As far as the "real weekend", we will leave Saturday for NY for great nephew's christening. My brother in law (who was married to my sister who passed recently) will be making his way from SC to NY, the child is his grandson. We thought some family support/presence would be a good thing for him. I'm sure he will miss my sister's presence terribly, we all will.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:02 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

At the risk of winning the Vintage Negativity Award again, I’m a bit nervous about this nor’easter and possible damage to my boats. I may head down Friday to check things out. Then I’ll be down there fitting out the new boat loft and working on a boat and a trailer.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:10 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
At the risk of winning the Vintage Negativity Award again, I’m a bit nervous about this nor’easter and possible damage to my boats. I may head down Friday to check things out. Then I’ll be down there fitting out the new boat loft and working on a boat and a trailer.
I think you are wise. It is best to be prepared.
The following users liked this post:
Legal Bill (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 06:37 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Bill, I'd check too. The Cape is going to get the brunt of the winds. Are both the fishing boats still at your dock? When are they being hauled?
Old 10-10-2019, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Bill, I'd check too. The Cape is going to get the brunt of the winds. Are both the fishing boats still at your dock? When are they being hauled?
The little boat came out two days ago. The big boat comes out on the 21st. The 21 foot Parker is supposed to stay in until November.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by S1997
IBTM, Bill?

It's just the reality of my situation, Jim. Society has decided I can't do what I want with my property if it doesn't fit the vision set forth in the regulations which were set forth by elected and appointed officials. The building code is no longer limited to safe buildings and the zoning laws are no longer limited to keeping business out of residential areas. It is about what your property will look like and how it fits in with the vision. In some states and towns the property owner is still free to build what he or she wants. Not in my town, or in most of the state of Massachusetts. Some towns have right to farm laws that give you some freedom from the zoning laws, but even then you have to meet quite a few requirements.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?