S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 09-14-2019, 07:35 PM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

^ Yeah, that comment of "only 2600" struck me funny as well. Frankly, I'm glad we don't have that much to clean.

And after lunch, we had desert at a bar called "Bourbons" in Brighton. Oh, my goodness.

https://bourbonsmi.com

Last edited by dlq04; 09-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:53 PM

Received 247 Likes on 176 Posts

Going to the Nor-Cal 360 winged sprint car race in Placerville on the 20th and 21st. Getting late in the season, only 19 races left in the year for us. Last race is turkey night, Ventura Nov 28th.

Rod
Old 09-15-2019, 05:15 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
Patty, that is a very nice picture of you and your friends, nice and colorful.

I am glad that you got to ride with them.

It must have been a beautiful ride along the coast.

Do you know the approximate temperature while you were on the ride?

That is also a nice picture of your ElliptiGO with the Queen Mary in the background.

Thanks for taking the time to share the pictures with us.
You and your friends look very fit. I raced in the 40K Delaware Senior Olympic event. I won all 3 gold medals in 2014 (5K 10K 40K) and broke the state record which stood for 20 years by 5 minutes. I got off to a fast start with a fast group and was confident that I could win gold and set another record. My age group competition and the next 2 youngest age groups were way behind. Then my bike started skipping gears and I had to get off of it to make an adjustment.I could not catch this fast group. So I was riding alone and the roads were poorly marked. I made what I thought was the race course and it turned out not to be and I was way off course. I didn't even ride into the timed finish line as my computer showed I was out of the race. My wife was waiting for me and felt my pain. We got in the car and drove home. There were several bad accidents as some of these riders have little or no race training. My new bike performed flawlessly. Oh well, wait until next year.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:56 AM

What a shame Ray. But you avoided the accidents and you have something to look forward to.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 818 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Congrats! Don't worry about "only 2600 square feet". Houses can be money pits! Our starter home of around 1200 square feet is where we still reside (since 1985). It has suited us just fine and it was great to have a paid off home prior to retirement.
Thanks, we still have children at home so space can be good for sanity at times, especially when it comes to things like music lessons. We love big old houses and I get a real thrill out of reviving them when they're run down - this one's livable but very tired. It's our first foray back into having a mortgage after paying off our other house (a rental property in the capital city) last year, but the mortgage payments will be nearly $200 a week less than what we're paying in rent, and it's the perfect retirement spot with views out to the ranges. Did I mention it had a huge garage? Just checking...
Old 09-15-2019, 12:46 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Hertz Donut
Thanks, we still have children at home so space can be good for sanity at times, especially when it comes to things like music lessons. We love big old houses and I get a real thrill out of reviving them when they're run down - this one's livable but very tired. It's our first foray back into having a mortgage after paying off our other house (a rental property in the capital city) last year, but the mortgage payments will be nearly $200 a week less than what we're paying in rent, and it's the perfect retirement spot with views out to the ranges. Did I mention it had a huge garage? Just checking...
Old 09-15-2019, 01:01 PM

Received 3,767 Likes on 2,658 Posts

Being in our current home for 13 years it was time to replace furniture and appliances. My wife and I spent most of the weekend with this..

A new living room sectional and entertainment unit is being delivered later this week, but the old ones had to be removed ahead of time using my SUV as the only mode of transport. Heavy bulky stuff to move around. I installed a new dishwasher and stove this weekend, just a little plumbing and electrical connection work, not bad for a while collar bloke like me. The old appliances had to be taken away using my SUV. A new dining room table is being delivered later this week. It is amazing how much packaging material is used for new furniture and appliances, luckily I have bins at my work that accept the materials, just more work transporting back and forth. My little Honda HR-V has been just enough to take the transporting work, it fit a new stove perfectly, with all of it's packaging bulk.

I am hoping this will get us by for the next 13 years. I had a new driveway installed last week, I hope that can get us by for a good 20 years and I will never need to do it again.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

I did quite a bit of restoration/renovation on different houses over the years and enjoyed it. But I think I'm done with the big stuff since I expect this condo will be my last residence. I redid the kitchen and both bathrooms (threads on those out here that some have seen) and a few smaller projects. Probably still need to update some more carpet at some point but that is about it.

Yes, Matt, before and after pics of your renovations would be interesting to see.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:57 PM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
What a shame Ray. But you avoided the accidents and you have something to look forward to.
For sure Dave. I have had a few accidents with broken bones and they are no fun.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:24 PM

We have had painters here a couple days applying the first coat of exterior paint to the house. I mentioned a couple weeks ago the difficulty I was having getting estimates. Sam Spider gave me a couple leads and we selected the same painter he used. Thanks Sam! They power washed the house and have applied the first coat to two sides. We are happy with our color selection. I used Benjamin Moore's color visualizer to upload pictures and color them in to get an idea what to expect. Maybe I'll post a before and after so Emil will not have to ask. We've been living here for 36 years and have never had a desire to move. The house is right-sized for us, great location, good neighbors, and enough garage space for four cars and a boat. For me the number one factor has always been location, location, location when selecting a house.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?