S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 07-27-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 4,244 Likes on 3,303 Posts

We ended up doing exactly 175.0 miles today in the S. We had what amounted to a click and clack type puzzle question today. We left this morning and drove to the cars and coffee about 20 minutes away with the top up windows down and a/c off. Then we drove to Saratoga top down a/c off and the same from the park in Saratoga to the restaurant. We left the restaurant I left the top up and the A/C on. My Dad had been fine all day but a little while after riding with the a/c on his allergies started kicking in and I then thought of the thread we had here about the pollen filters in our cars and we realized that was why his allergies have been parodic in the car as most likely the dirty cabin filter is causing it.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:01 PM

Received 4,244 Likes on 3,303 Posts

AND Saratoga is way cool you all are going to love it for spring fling next year!
Old 07-28-2019, 06:17 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Yesterday Sandy was discharged from Memorial Hospital. She went in last Wednesday morning at 3 AM via the ED. Nasty c.diff infection (Clostridium difficile) that made her seriously ill. I had to wear a gown and gloves the entire time I was in her room. She didn't have anything to eat from Tuesday night through Friday afternoon. Thank heaven for IVs. She was put on a narrow spectrum antibiotic which seems to be clearing things up. She was scheduled for an endoscopy on Friday but the hospital was jammed up and diverting patients so endo was way behind schedule. Around 4 PM they told us she would have to be held till Monday when they could do the endo, but the good news is she could start eating and drinking again. Then her improvement was so good by Saturday they decided to discharge her and do the endo next week on an outpatient basis. This news was well received by both of us, of course.

Very scary but all ended well. I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening gowned and gloved, disinfecting the house with Clorox + Bleach. Regular disinfectant cleaners, wipes, hand sanitizer, etc will not take out the c.diff spores. They can survive for weeks on hard surfaces.

If you ever suffer watery diarrhea and see any sign of blood, especially if you are taking or coming off an antibiotic, get thee to the doctor or emergency room without delay. c.diff GI infections are getting more common and can be quite dangerous. I now know much more about this nasty little bug than I ever wanted to.

Oh, and the belt broke on our dryer yesterday.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:24 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

^
It's nasty for sure. A family member has dealt with it a few times due to needed antibiotics. Lost a lot of weight along the way too. Hope Sandy is completely recovered soon!
Old 07-29-2019, 12:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,951 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Yikes...sounds awful. Glad she is better and hoping that is the last time you have to deal with it!
Old 07-29-2019, 08:10 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Thanks, guys. She is doing well today. Deb, we hope so too. Chances of developing a symptomatic c.diff infection are greater if you have been previously exposed. Good hand hygiene is something both of us were trained in while working at the hospital. Now it has taken on increased importance, and not just in the kitchen and bathroom. That means soap and water, as hand sanitizers don't control c.diff spores.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,951 Likes on 1,746 Posts

May go to the zoo this weekend with nephew and family. Trying to get in as many visits with them as possible before they leave the area soon for a year. Also babysitting the adorable grandnieces tomorrow while the parents are out. Having a bit of dinner with everyone.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:19 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey

Many steps Down AND up to get to this beach

Selfie in a Model A mirror

Me and my guy enjoying this thing called retirement. Note his T shirt dragon lovers. .
Great couple...good friends...and a great beer connoisseur!

The "steps to the beach" remind me of my West Coast trip in the Berlina. The Oregon beaches had many (and occasionally semi-treacherous) jaunts to get to the water.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:08 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

Yup...it was a hot one on the soccer pitch this weekend...

Old 07-29-2019, 11:39 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Mike, Good to hear things took a turn for the better with Sandy. It certainly sounds like something I would not want to wish on anyone (well, maybe I can think of one or two people).

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?