S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 07-26-2019, 06:45 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Hosting an MG meet at the vintage races.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:55 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

Refereeing the last Pre-Preseason High School Soccer Tournament. High Schools can start official practices on August 1.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thinking about buying my sister-in-law’s tickets for David Gautreau’s performance at Cheyenne Frontier days. Not certain it’s worth the price, a 4 1/2hr round trip drive, plus the likely chance of PM thunderstorms. Hmm…my weekend could end up doing yard work.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:26 PM

Received 4,242 Likes on 3,302 Posts

We are going to a cars n coffee tomorrow morning in Manchester vt and then from there we are off to the Saratoga auto museum for a European car show.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:36 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Here are a couple photos from our trip yesterday to Block Island, RI. Robb, have you been there? I was tired this AM, we did a fair amount of walking including some in the sand to get to the lighthouse, and climbed down and up many stairs to check out the beach pictured. Nice day.
Passed several lighthouses on the way, A NOAA ship on which my former company had done some work, a guy parasailing and more.

Packed a lunch and ate on the lawn here

Many steps Down AND up to get to this beach

From the parking lot, along the beach and in the sand to check out the lighthouse

Selfie in a Model A mirror

Me and my guy enjoying this thing called retirement. Note his T shirt dragon lovers. .
The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (07-29-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 04:16 PM

Received 4,242 Likes on 3,302 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Here are a couple photos from our trip yesterday to Block Island, RI. Robb, have you been there? I was tired this AM, we did a fair amount of walking including some in the sand to get to the lighthouse, and climbed down and up many stairs to check out the beach pictured. Nice day.
Passed several lighthouses on the way, A NOAA ship on which my former company had done some work, a guy parasailing and more.

Packed a lunch and ate on the lawn here

Many steps Down AND up to get to this beach

From the parking lot, along the beach and in the sand to check out the lighthouse

Selfie in a Model A mirror

Me and my guy enjoying this thing called retirement. Note his T shirt dragon lovers. .
You guys are looking good Lainey! A long time ago my parents took me to Block Island I was about 12. I remember I took my 12 speed bike over on the ferry. I remember over by where you get on the ferry in Galilee there were piles of old mopeds as that was the thing back then tons of companies renting mopeds on the islands back in the late 70’s early 80’s being a Motorhead kid I thought that was pretty cool. I remember my bike had a speedometer on it and I seem to remember clocking the road around the island and it was 12 miles. Would like to see it again as an adult.
The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (07-29-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,646 Posts

The dunes/cliffs and the lighthouse picture triggered a memory.
https://www.blockislandhistorical.or...hthouse-moved/

lighthouse at about 3:00 in. but the intro is good too
https://www.wcvb.com/article/block-i...utiful/8067706
Old 07-26-2019, 06:32 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
You guys are looking good Lainey! A long time ago my parents took me to Block Island I was about 12. I remember I took my 12 speed bike over on the ferry. I remember over by where you get on the ferry in Galilee there were piles of old mopeds as that was the thing back then tons of companies renting mopeds on the islands back in the late 70’s early 80’s being a Motorhead kid I thought that was pretty cool. I remember my bike had a speedometer on it and I seem to remember clocking the road around the island and it was 12 miles. Would like to see it again as an adult.
Thanks, Rob. You can get a ferry from more than one spot now, including, Newport, Pt. Judith, Fall River. I wondered what the population was and what the size of the island was, I googled it.

Lying about 9 miles (14 km) south of the mainland, it is about 6 miles (10 km) long and 3.5 miles (5.5 km) wide and has a land area of 10 square miles (25 square km). As of the 2010 Census, the island's population is 1,051 living on a land area of 9.734 square miles (
Old 07-26-2019, 08:16 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

Looks like a fun day. Sent last night at a pub on the lake. We met another couple of fools in their MG. Its about 45 min. drive for both. The owner's daughter buys us a round as soon as we show up!

Tonight was different. We had a new dishwasher installed but the installer didn't even get to our house until 5:30 pm. So we couldn't plan anything. l won't get into the details but we had been working on the house (painting, fixing torn screens, etc.) all frig'n day and were tired and hungry. First stop - too full; second stop - kitchen closed; third stop - too long a wait; fourth stop - couldn't get service and said the hell with this; fifth stop - good service, good food, good time. Next stop - pub was closed. Came home and watched a movie - - - on a Friday night! OMG. Getting old. Oh, well, off to the races early on Sat.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Putt putt was fun. Then went to a Japanese place close by. Had tempura. Very good.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?