S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 04-25-2019, 01:44 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
This Saturday, as part of the Firewise committee I am on, we are going around to a dozen neighbors who signed up to learn how to open their garage doors when the power is off. If you have an automatic door opener, do you know how to do it? If you don't, find out how, and then try it. You may find that something is broken, or the springs need adjustment and you can't lift it. (guys, have your wives try it too, you may not be home) Don't try this at night, or on a weekend, in case you can't get it closed and you need to call a pro for help. I will have a garage door company techician going around with me in case of issues.
This could save your life, or maybe your property.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:56 PM

Received 5,739 Likes on 3,382 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
We are looking at a new SUV for Patty this weekend. Sorry Honda but Mazda is the front runner.
Wise move. Honda has let many core owners down with their handling of the CR-V SUV over a three year period since the 1.5L turbo came out.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:24 AM

Received 4,234 Likes on 3,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
This Saturday, as part of the Firewise committee I am on, we are going around to a dozen neighbors who signed up to learn how to open their garage doors when the power is off. If you have an automatic door opener, do you know how to do it? If you don't, find out how, and then try it. You may find that something is broken, or the springs need adjustment and you can't lift it. (guys, have your wives try it too, you may not be home) Don't try this at night, or on a weekend, in case you can't get it closed and you need to call a pro for help. I will have a garage door company techician going around with me in case of issues.
This could save your life, or maybe your property.
Sounds like a good idea. One other thing regarding opening garage doors is you want to make sure a thief can’t get access to the pull that you use to open the door when the power goes out. Some people think they are safe because the side windows in the garage are too small for a person to fit through but some thiefs will break the window then use a device to reach the pull and get the garage door open.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:25 AM

Received 3,929 Likes on 2,639 Posts

I had to replace a garage door opener last year. Went with battery backed up unit.
At some point when I get ambitious I'll do the other two.

And Mike tof , little feat ain't little feat without Lowell George.
Sadly I saw them when they were putting the band back together.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:33 AM

Received 300 Likes on 228 Posts

Got the Brakes, Trans, and Coolant flushed at AaronCompSys's house. We didn't have the right size socket for the Differential and still need to flush the clutch.

Have the AP1 exhaust sold! So, need to pull it off and mount the AP2 exhaust. At least the MY07 Berlina will look correct for Rock the Dragon, Spring Fling and Bear Mountain this Spring!
Old 04-26-2019, 10:54 AM

Received 991 Likes on 511 Posts

This weekend is finally here. I'm headed over to the hall for final setup with about 5 or 6 others for Darts for Dreams in about an hour.. It's the annual event I run to raise money for Make A Wish NJ. So far, our dart leagues and friends, sponsors and attendees have raised over $355,000 and sponsored wishes for 40 local kids fighting serious illnesses. Our big joke is that we've done it $5 at a time since it's $5 for our most expensive raffle tickets and $5 to play darts during the day. Of course we get sponsors, donors, etc... but at the event, it's all 5s, 10s and 20s.

Tomorrow, I'll head over around 11AM for real final setup (all the info sheets that are wrong, missing items/baskets/etc...) that I have to redo tonight. At noon people will start coming in. 3 PM we'll have two wish families that we adopted last year at the event to tell us their stories. Very emotional 30 minutes or so but really connects our attendees with why they showed up. Originally, I thought it was $2 beers, fried food at the bar, or they get to spend time with me? I've change my tune on this one- they generally want to help! We'll wrap up around 7 and then head into the bar for Karaoke until they close the lights.

When we get done this year, I'm going to proudly announce that we've raised another $60,000 plus dollars this year!

My sister is also in from Pittsburgh this weekend. My nephew is flying home from his semester abroad in Rome. They are then staying at my Mom's and coming over for breakfast Sunday before headed back. I'll be up by 7 AM counting the money for the 3rd time. Cindy will literally sleep until they pull in the driveway.

Thanks of course to anyone who made a donation and to those who bought tickets at the MWG at Ken and Nancy's. If anyone wanted to help but forgot... here's a reminder: http://site.wish.org/goto/dartsfordreams14

THANK YOU ALL! Talk Monday
Old 04-26-2019, 11:23 AM

Received 2,941 Likes on 1,740 Posts

Very nice.

The +1's team's trail run in Richmond is on a rain delay due to storms. I'm glad they stopped it. Nervous with their running among all those trees!! We are under a tornado watch until 9 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:06 AM

^ The +1 is napping a bit before his last leg. It was very muddy, but he did see stars last night in the sky. Also will be windy today there and here. Team should finish about noon, then pack up everything and hit the road. There are lane closures for bridge work coming home, so I expect to see him sometime tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:37 AM

Received 417 Likes on 381 Posts

This week I will be wearing corduroys
Old 04-27-2019, 04:43 AM

OK... Does that mean it will be cold where you are? Or for another reason?

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?