S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 01-04-2019, 11:49 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Watching football, football and more football. Go Ravens, Eagles, Saints and Clemson. The rest I could care less about.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:49 AM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Open Lapping at the local track! HPR come say hi if anyone else will be there. Silverstone ap1
Old 01-04-2019, 04:17 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

My plans are to go to the doctor in the morning. I've had sinus issues every day for 3.5 to 4 weeks and none of the over the counter stuff is working (Mucinex D, etc.) and so I'm finally tossing in the towel. Funny, normally when I finally do go to a doctor after riding out an issue its almost always just a day or two from working itself out. Hope that's the case here. Staying home on a Friday night NEVER fits into my plans.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

^
Oh you must feel like crap to be home on a Friday!

Lots of germs/head colds going around in our area and it's lasting weeks! So far, I've been spared.

Feel better soon!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
My plans are to go to the doctor in the morning. I've had sinus issues every day for 3.5 to 4 weeks and none of the over the counter stuff is working (Mucinex D, etc.) and so I'm finally tossing in the towel. Funny, normally when I finally do go to a doctor after riding out an issue its almost always just a day or two from working itself out. Hope that's the case here. Staying home on a Friday night NEVER fits into my plans.
Poor baby! Is Donna giving you poor little man treatment?

I'm curious if you have tried or need a cool mist humidifier. I'm one of those obnoxious people who finds something that works for them and then pushes it until people shut them/me down. It's just that the winter air in Colorado is dry and it helps me immensly to run a little humidifier next to my bed at night. Maybe you already have moist air. Last year, my first winter here, I didn't have one so I'm sleeping better this winter with one. Also, I use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse as needed and it's very helpful for me. I feel clean inside my sinuses and relieved. Have you ever heard of or tried it, Dave?

Last edited by Kyras; 01-04-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
Oh you must feel like crap to be home on a Friday!

Lots of germs/head colds going around in our area and it's lasting weeks! So far, I've been spared.

Feel better soon!
Even tho I'm at home, we still have a bar. But, this sinus thing has hung on so long it really has gotten me depressed; it just seems like forever since I really felt good. But, it didn't stop me from trying - I made Black Russian with some Baily that I washed down with some Beam. I don't have to be to the doctor till 10:00am.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Poor baby! Is Donna giving you poor little man treatment?

I'm curious if you have tried or need a cool mist humidifier. I'm one of those obnoxious people who finds something that works for them and then pushes it until people shut them/me down. It's just that the winter air in Colorado is dry and it helps me immensly to run a little humidifier next to my bed at night. Maybe you already have moist air. Last year, my first winter here, I didn't have one so I'm sleeping better this winter with one. Also, I use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse as needed and it's very helpful for me. I feel clean inside my sinuses and relieved. Have you ever heard of or tried it, Dave?
First off Donna gives me nothing but grief; no sympathy there.

We have a furnace humidifier that I can set to whatever I want. Currently its regeresting 32° humidity which is fine since it is 30° outside. Dry in-house air can be an issue but I think I am fine at our current setting. I have tried the sinus rinse equipment, cleanse bottles, etc. but personally have not found them effective. Been shooting up Flownase or whatever that nasal spay is called daily as well.

None-the-less I thank you for you suggestions and well wishes. Looking at the big picture, there are worst things than feeling like crap and missing Friday nights out . . . . but this is like our 3rd Friday. Ok, to be totally upfront we did go to Lansing Thursday so Donna could find a Calvin Kline "barn coat" yesterday at Macy's. Stopped a really cool pub, Dagwoods, from the 40s for lunch and at the Crossroads pub in the small town of Leslie for dinner. So I'm weathering the storm as best I can.

Last edited by dlq04; 01-04-2019 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
First off Donna gives me nothing but grief; no sympathy there.

We have a furnace humidifier that I can set to whatever I want. Currently its regeresting 32° humidity which is fine since it is 30° outside. Dry in-house air can be an issue but I think I am fine at our current setting. I have tried the sinus rinse equipment, cleanse bottles, etc. but personally have not found them effective. Been shooting up Flownase or whatever that nasal spay is called daily as well.

None-the-less I thank you for you suggestions and well wishes. Looking at the big picture, there are worst things than feeling like crap and missing Friday nights out . . . . but this is like our 3rd Friday. Ok, to be totally upfront we did go to Lansing Thursday so Donna could find a Calvin Kline "barn coat" yesterday at Macy's. Stopped a really cool pub, Dagwoods, from the 40s for lunch and at the Crossroads pub in the small town of Leslie for dinner. So I'm weathering the storm as best I can.
I too have my heater/furnace set in the highest humidity setting possible but it not enough for me when I'm in my bedroom at night. I still have a very dry throat and mouth but it's an improvement over nothing. I hope you find relief. Dagwood's and Crossroads sound like a lot of fun.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:41 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

My 2 kids have sinus issues. They didn't inherit them from us. We do have some allergies since we moved to the beach. I blame it on the salt air. My wife has angio adema and never knows when it will come on. It is usually during the night and her lips and jaws puff up like a balloon. She has been tested for every allergy known to man with no success. She now takes medication and Benadryl when it starts as it wakes her up. That helps a lot. She carries 2 Epi pens. The danger is the swelling of the tongue which inhibits her ability to breathe. It is rare but it did happen once and we went to the ER where they put an IV in and it reduced the swelling almost immediately. Same theory as an epi pen.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,646 Posts

Good luck at the doctor Dave.
sounds like you've never experienced the joy of a sinus infection.
another one of those things which generally won't kill you but you'd be willing to consider it after a while.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?