S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 07-22-2017, 11:41 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Where to?
Sorry but I have been slow getting to the internet.
We will be going to Ogunquit, Owls Head, Bar Harbor, Acadia, Lubec, Houlton, Bangor.........

Today we took a bus tour of Boston and a boat tour of the harbor.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Yeah, those are pics in people's signatures. I had to delete several things from mine.
My nephew gave me some apts to check out for him prior to his move here from Seattle. So plan to do that Sat AM.
Went to two apt complexes this morning, and he is applying online for an apt in one of them available Sept 5. I hope it works out, since he has plenty of other details to attend to before his big move.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:30 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Seeing The King and I at the KenCen on Sat evening.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Sorry but I have been slow getting to the internet.
We will be going to Ogunquit, Owls Head, Bar Harbor, Acadia, Lubec, Houlton, Bangor.........

Today we took a bus tour of Boston and a boat tour of the harbor.
That's a lot of ground to cover. Weather is looking iffy. Hope it improves. At Ogunquit, don't forget to walk on Marginal way and have lunch there too. Visit the Quoddy Lighthouse in Lubec. Scenic drive in Acadia can't be beat. Stop at the overlooks! Don't forget Thunder Hole. Northeast Harbor is a quaint, if you have time for a quick buzz through there. Not sure about Holton or Bangor. Are you in the S?

PS we live an hour from Boston have never taken a boat/or bus tour and we should.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:43 AM

This past weekend and the coming one bring lots of Little League baseball to our neighborhood. We'd rather not be around, so we make plans to head out in the P car or the S. Saturday we were around a bit, then headed out for a local ride. One of the seaside communities which is gated, had the gates open to all, as there was an art show. We took a ride there, checked out the art, but more important to me was taking some photos in that area where we aren't usually allowed. Louisa May Alcott had a home there. Scroll to Nonquit http://higley1000.com/archives/218

Yesterday we took a ride to two lovely places in CT, just about an hour and a half from home. Gardens, old mansion, the ocean....perfect way to spend a Sunday.

This coming weekend, we may head to Western MA. not sure as we are leaving town on Wednesday for a few days in VT. Summer is passing by too quickly, as it always does.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
That's a lot of ground to cover. Weather is looking iffy. Hope it improves. At Ogunquit, don't forget to walk on Marginal way and have lunch there too. Visit the Quoddy Lighthouse in Lubec. Scenic drive in Acadia can't be beat. Stop at the overlooks! Don't forget Thunder Hole. Northeast Harbor is a quaint, if you have time for a quick buzz through there. Not sure about Holton or Bangor. Are you in the S?

PS we live an hour from Boston have never taken a boat/or bus tour and we should.
We did the Marginal Way walk and had lunch right on the walk. We visited the Owls Head and the Rockland lighthouses today. We also made it to Schoodic point today in a drizzle.

More Acadia tomorrow.

Yes we are in the S and loving it!!!
Old 07-24-2017, 03:15 PM

We did the Marginal Way walk and had lunch right on the walk. We visited the Owls Head and the Rockland lighthouses today. We also made it to Schoodic point today in a drizzle.

More Acadia tomorrow.

Excellent!!
Old 07-25-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Guys, you know we can't see your stuff in photobucket, right? Or at least I can't.

Dave, I'd love to see some pics from the Creatures of the Night show. Sounds really cool.
Weather was threatening and we wound up not going. Looking at the pics on FaceBook, I'm sorry we did not go now.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

More Acadia tomorrow.

I think there is a car museum in Owl's Head.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 1,284 Likes on 989 Posts

Going to the annual summer s2ki Corner BBQ at Mom's (Gina's) and C6's (Skip's) place in Beaumont (on the way to Palm Springs from LA) on Saturday. It's a big place with a pool and a RC racecar dirt racetrack. C6 does great BBQ! Some of you may know them. People fly in every year from as far away as Florida (zdave86), Seattle, and Canada. Lots of people spend the night, including in their trailer. We always get the guest room. Unkie Trunkie (Brian) is driving down from San Jose with his GF (Joy) in my old 2006 Laguna Blue S (Blue). Big Red and Blue get spots in the garage. It's always a hoot.

Last edited by The Raptor; 07-25-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?