S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 11-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
So which one takes us to the Vineyard next year?
You are MUCH better off in the Grady. Just go on a nice warm day!
Old 11-09-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I've got a new toy to help make life easier!

Dave, can you post a picture with the lift all the way down? Or just tell me if you can drive right on, or do you need to set boards on the floor to raise the car up a bit to get over the lift.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Not much planned. It's Friday night. While Dave /dlq and Donna are likely out having dinner and a few drinks with their Friday night buddies, I'm already in my fuzzy robe planning on a big bowl of I guess Dave and Donna are younger than we are, they ALWAYS go out on Friday night.
Weather is still lousy, nasty day on tap tomorrow, cold on Sunday.
Dinner tomorrow night with a friend, on Sunday I may attend the Veteran's Day ceremony at the new memorial in town, where we (sisters and I) "bought" a brick for Dad. So nothing too exciting.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:19 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Dave, can you post a picture with the lift all the way down? Or just tell me if you can drive right on, or do you need to set boards on the floor to raise the car up a bit to get over the lift.
I’ll get that picture for you but you do need boards to get the S on the lift. They sell some ramps to reduce the lowered height to 2.16” but the cost is ridiculous. I plan on building my own soon.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 PM

I’ll get that picture for you but you do need boards to get the S on the lift. They sell some ramps to reduce the lowered height to 2.16” but the cost is ridiculous. I plan on building my own soon.
Thank you. The lifted height looks pretty good. Can you get under it while sitting on a roller stool?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:33 PM

Thank you. The lifted height looks pretty good. Can you get under it while sitting on a roller stool?
Yes, depending on your stool height. There are two bars at floor level that connect the two side but I can work around those. It is so much better than laying on the floor but not as good as a two post lift.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:45 PM

Yes, depending on your stool height. There are two bars at floor level that connect the two side but I can work around those. It is so much better than laying on the floor but not as good as a two post lift.
Yes, I understand that for sure. I've gone back and forth on this in my own mind. I don't have the ideal head space for a two post, but I could get one of the short ones in here. I'm wondering if the scissors lift would be better for my current space.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:57 PM

Yes, I understand that for sure. I've gone back and forth on this in my own mind. I don't have the ideal head space for a two post, but I could get one of the short ones in here. I'm wondering if the scissors lift would be better for my current space.
I have yet to measure it but the manufacturer says there is 39". They make a taller one but I wasn't ready to spend that much money. I have the head room but didn't see the need for the extra lift room.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:24 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I guess Dave and Donna are younger than we are, they ALWAYS go out on Friday night.
Never say never, nor always. I didn't feel up to going out Friday, so we stayed home and watched a great Red Wings game. BUT we did make up for it Saturday night.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Never say never, nor always. I didn't feel up to going out Friday, so we stayed home and watched a great Red Wings game. BUT we did make up for it Saturday night.
Aww you weren't feeling up to it? Sorry to hear that, but glad you were out and about last night. Hope you get some relief from your issues soon.

We were out last night too.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?