S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 10-17-2018, 12:40 PM

Received 2,941 Likes on 1,740 Posts

Pink Floyd cover band Fri evening. Sun we head out to Leesburg for a Fall Fest with nephew and family, featuring pig races, pumpkin blasters and corn cannons, jumping pillows, hay fort, spider web, cow train, corn house and farm animals.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Pink Floyd cover band Fri evening. Sun we head out to Leesburg for a Fall Fest with nephew and family, featuring pig races, pumpkin blasters and corn cannons, jumping pillows, hay fort, spider web, cow train, corn house and farm animals.
The Fall Fest outing with your cute little great nieces sounds like a lot of fun.

I hope you will get some cute pictures to share with us!

Old 10-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Friday night, hosting a bourbon tasting!

Starting off with 3 store picks of Russell's Reserve...

And then who knows what will follow!

I'm sure someone will either bring something different, or we'll grab a bottle of 6 off the shelf!

Old 10-17-2018, 03:39 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

And for Saturday... sleep in!
Old 10-18-2018, 05:27 AM

Received 4,234 Likes on 3,297 Posts

I’m going to try my best to get the S prepped for winter but it is supposed to rain all day sat. and be freezing Sunday so not sure how I’m going to pull it off.
I’m shipping it up north for storage this winter so want to get it ready and up there before the roads are covered in salt otherwise I will have to have it really shipped in enclosed transport rather than driving it up there.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:16 AM

Received 3,180 Likes on 1,836 Posts

^
Shipping it north? How north? With our extended forecast, of cold weather, Rick will prep the P for it's winter nap and get it covered. The S gets to stay out since it's now his daily. Snow tires will be put on it soon. We have all seasons on it now, so cold temperatures aren't a concern. Since he's not working, he can pretty much pick and choose his time frame for going out, avoiding snow covered roads and the black ice that "bit the S" last year.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:34 AM

Received 4,234 Likes on 3,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
Shipping it north? How north? With our extended forecast, of cold weather, Rick will prep the P for it's winter nap and get it covered. The S gets to stay out since it's now his daily. Snow tires will be put on it soon. We have all seasons on it now, so cold temperatures aren't a concern. Since he's not working, he can pretty much pick and choose his time frame for going out, avoiding snow covered roads and the black ice that "bit the S" last year.
I missed the news that you guys hit black ice last year hope the bite wasn’t too bad. Sounds like a plan with Rick not having to get to work he should be able to plan his driving accordingly and it is relatively flat were you guys are.
It does sound wacky that I’m sending my s north but there is a shop 90 miles north of me that I have done business with and they offered me heated dry secure rodent free storage so it’s worth the effort for me to get it up there.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by robb

I missed the news that you guys hit black ice last year hope the bite wasn’t too bad. Sounds like a plan with Rick not having to get to work he should be able to plan his driving accordingly and it is relatively flat were you guys are.
It does sound wacky that I’m sending my s north but there is a shop 90 miles north of me that I have done business with and they offered me heated dry secure rodent free storage so it’s worth the effort for me to get it up there.

It was a good crunch to the passenger rear quarter. While it was at the shop the entire car was painted.. The hood and trunk were so faded and didn't match the rest of the car before the accident. Rick planned on having those painted as well....then, of course, there would be a matching/blending issue, so they just kept going. Rick had a good business connection with the auto body and the price was right. The car looks really good 14 years old and 103K on it.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:35 AM

Received 1,438 Likes on 1,078 Posts

More autocross for me this Saturday. Then the club has a pizza party at one of the member house (piles of ingredients brought by people, the hosts make dough for days in advance, fresh cooked pizzas and beer all night! ) which is always a blast.

It will be pretty cool this Saturday (28/43 for low and high) but much nicer than last Sundays event as pictured below. Had it not been for the fact the ground were not frozen we would have had a couple of inches on the ground by 1pm. Pretty much snowed from 7am - 12:30 pm or so. When putting the top back up after a run, it just made it up all the way when the big snowball aimed for my head hit it First time I have had snowball fights at an autocross!

Old 10-19-2018, 04:54 AM

Weather is cooling off. Sunday's high will likely not reach 50. Probably no top down time this weekend.

Y time, breakfast with the Y ladies, a couple errands and dinner at an Italian place with some friends on Saturday evening. Sunday may be dedicated to some cleaning and puttering around the house. We've been on the go so much, some of those chores have been neglected.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?