S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 07-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Will be leaving early tomorrow (Saturday) for the loonnng trip home from California. I have been negligent in updating my blog, since we have had so many activities each day that by the time I finish dinner, I fall into bed. Well, except for the Tuesday night beer exchange! Maybe I'll update it tonight, since today is a relaxed day to visit a couple wineries.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Will be leaving early tomorrow (Saturday) for the loonnng trip home from California. I have been negligent in updating my blog, since we have had so many activities each day that by the time I finish dinner, I fall into bed. Well, except for the Tuesday night beer exchange! Maybe I'll update it tonight, since today is a relaxed day to visit a couple wineries.
Wineries? I didn't know there were any except in Temecula and north, quite a way. Millesimé Cellars, in Camarillo?
Old 07-06-2018, 12:26 PM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
I’ve been watching daily for updates. Be safe on the drive home.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:26 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
This weekend is fairly busy...Fri evening we see yet another cover band - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Batting 1000 with all the bands we've seen, so hopeful the trend will continue. Have one left right before we leave on our trip - the Eagles. Sun we are going to the Nats/Marlins game. The Nats are not batting 1000 or anywhere close. Will see which team shows up.
Did not think the Tom Petty band (Southern Accents) could beat Almost Queen, but they came really close. Just a blast!! So much fun.

Nats have won the last two against the lowly Marlins (including a crazy game the other night where they came back from being down 9-0 to win 14-12!) See how they do tomorrow.

Also been watching World Cup soccer the past few days. Some very good games!
Old 07-09-2018, 05:59 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

We had a delightful summer weekend this one just passed. Hoping for more of them with weather that isn't oppressive with heat and humidity.

This Saturday we are meeting up with a few NE folks, for a casual dinner, maybe an ice cream run. Not sure what else the weekend will bring. Now that Rick is retired he has time to get his "stuff" done during the week so we are trying to find a few different things to do on the weekend.

This weekend there was a folk festival in the downtown area. It's not really our thing, but I did browse the vendors with a friend from the Y. They had lots of interesting things for sale, food trucks and you could hear the music from the various stages set up. In the evening Rick and I headed downtown to stop at a local gallery that was exhibiting some photography of a couple of folks I have "met" on line. After that we headed down to our favorite ale house. Rick was outside at one point while I was chatting with the photographers and ran into a couple from the Boston area. The guy used to have an S now has a P car. They had been attending the folk festival. My home town is on the map and is up and coming as an artist community. Lots more restaurants and activity at night.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

No definite plans for this weekend. Winging it. Starting to get serious about preparing for our big trip to France at the end of the month.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:47 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Headed over to New Orleans this evening. Tomorrow morning is the annual Running of The Bulls (New Orleans style). This is our seventh year. Lots of fun.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:59 PM

^
Have fun!!
Started my weekend early. Kind of quiet at the office so I took today off. I could get used to the four day work week. It was a gorgeous summer day. Rick and I went chasing around (top down driving) wild life with my cameras at the ready. We trudged through some beach areas, sandy paths, lots of shells, tough walking, good exercise. Gave up on a wooded path, just too buggy. By the end of the day we had about four miles in and I had captured a few pics of an egret that made my day. Tired tonight. We also went walking on the local bike path last night. Trying to get out and enjoy summer weather as often as possible.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:09 PM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
Have fun!!
Started my weekend early. Kind of quiet at the office so I took today off. I could get used to the four day work week. It was a gorgeous summer day. Rick and I went chasing around (top down driving) wild life with my cameras at the ready. We trudged through some beach areas, sandy paths, lots of shells, tough walking, good exercise. Gave up on a wooded path, just too buggy. By the end of the day we had about four miles in and I had captured a few pics of an egret that made my day. Tired tonight. We also went walking on the local bike path last night. Trying to get out and enjoy summer weather as often as possible.
Good for you. We chased around all day yesterday, top down, in really hot but still enjoyable conditions. Found a new watering hole in a really small town and had the best time - - met the owner, met half the locals, heck - - by the time we left half the place emptied out to see the car, engine, etc. The slogan in the place was something like Come as quest, leave as a friend. I know we will go back soon!
Old 07-14-2018, 05:24 AM

Sounds like fun, Dave.

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?