S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What makes a meet great? Part V

Old 10-11-2005, 11:25 AM

Received 5,798 Likes on 3,417 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,Oct 11 2005, 11:03 AM
There were two TV screens with the words to the songs (sometimes) up above the back of the bar. That's why people were looking up.
And I thought Bill had everyone watching baseball.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Ah, yes, last year! The colors were practically perfect:

JonasM
Old 10-11-2005, 12:23 PM

Received 518 Likes on 307 Posts

Patty,

Nice pics. I see that you were on a Boeing 737 (wing in photos) so you must have had a stop over on the way to Albany, where was it?

BTW, I could live in the house that you liked. I wonder what that little gem is worth.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all!

I just got done cleaning the car up and pulling all the pine needles and leaves out of the little nooks and crannies and she looks like she did when I left Friday, so all is well, I can relax now. Only one mishap: while unclogging my driver's side windshield squirter on Sunday afternoon, I noticed that my Ztec heat shield was laying in the bottom of my engine compartment . The bracket had just cracked right where it mounts to the block. Not sure why, but at least it didn't get caught up in the pulleys. I'm sure a serpentine belt for an S2000 would be hard to find in Lake George. Anyways, a few comments about the weekend...

Thanks to everyone for making my hell trip worth every excruciating minute. Thanks to ralper for getting this together. Thanks to Levi and Rob(b) for the beautiful drives. And, of course, thanks to all of you for welcoming me into your fold yet again and confirming that you are absolutely the best bunch of people I have ever met. I hope I upheld my status as a worthy pre-vint in the presence of such fine individuals .

I haven't laughed that hard for that long for quite some time. And when I wasn't laughing, I was just enjoying the beautiful scenery or getting to know you wonderful people even more. I wouldn't have missed it for the world, even if I had known what kind of a trip up there I was in for.

Lainey and Rick, thanks for your kindness and companionship, and entertainment! And, Matt, thanks again for all your help with the directions and for not leaving me in the middle of Vermont on Sunday . Sorry I missed dinner, I was just wiped out from the whole weekend. Just remember, we hung in there the longest, we rule!

I had an absolute blast. You all made it possible for me to forget about "things" for awhile and have a good time (Bill, thanks for the well wishes ). It'll help having these memories to look back on, that's for sure. I'll be fine.

Would you believe it only took me 8 hours to get back? I left at 5 in the morning on Monday, expecting to just get home before dark and wound up in my driveway at 1 PM. Amazing what no traffic, detours or rain will do. Not to mention a few jaunts into the triple digits here and there .

I have a few pics that I'll post soon. Speaking of pics, where the hell was I when that group picture was taken at the ski lodge? I would have held a pumpkin! I'm not proud! Oh well, must be a "Vint" thing .

And in honor of Rick, when asked at a drive how much gas you have left, remember to state it thusly: "I've only got 6 BAHHS!"

Sincerely and with the utmost gratitude,
Phil.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,531 Likes on 1,912 Posts

^Here's a photo of me on the boat, that I missed. I bought the red
visor for $1, at Walmart in Saratoga Springs. I forgot to bring one and this one matched the Mustang and reminded me of Valentine, since she always wears a red visor in her S.

Matt, you are right. I changed planes in Cleveland. Here are a few more airplane related photos. They have nothing to do with the Lake George meet but I'm putting them up since I took them on my way there.

^This is of Lake Havasu City on the Colorado River which is the border between California and Arizona. Did you all know that we have the west coast and an east coast in California? I've camped on the beaches of Lake Havasu since I was two. On the right side of the peninsula, one can see a canal. It was dug in order to make the peninsula into an island! A bridge was bought from London, disassembled with each brick numbered, brought over to Arizona, and then reassembled on the ground. The canal was then dug over years, in order to give the bridge a purpose. Now there's a London Bridge in Arizona. Lake Havasu City didn't exist when I was a child but it's huge now.

^Wing of 737.

OK, Matt. Here are two hints, the following photos. These were taken on my second plane between Cleveland and Albany. Do you know what it is?

Old 10-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,531 Likes on 1,912 Posts

You have no pumpkins but it's still you, Phil. This was at the end of Friday night's party on the boat house after dinner. I'm proud to have you as a pre-vint. No wonder granny likes you so much.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:46 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Phil,
Glad you made it back home safely. I'm glad you made the long trip up here to NY, I hope you can join us in the finger lakes next june...I'll bring the Crown Royal.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,Oct 11 2005, 06:41 PM

I'm proud to have you as a pre-vint.
Me too.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Kyras,Oct 11 2005, 05:41 PM]I'm proud to have you as a pre-vint.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:07 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruined 2,Oct 11 2005, 05:32 PM
And in honor of Rick, when asked at a drive how much gas you have left, remember to state it thusly: "I've only got 6 BAHHS!"

Phil, great line.

Glad you got home quicker than you thought.

Take Care,

Jim

Quick Reply: What makes a meet great? Part V