S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What makes a meet great? Part V

Old 10-10-2005, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doggone it, we really missed out on a great meet!!! I'm glad everyone had a wonderful time, it looks like this was one to remember.

Spring Fling 06 can't come too soon...

Tom
Old 10-10-2005, 06:19 PM

Received 5,798 Likes on 3,417 Posts

[QUOTE=PokS2k,Oct 10 2005, 08:16 PM]
Old 10-10-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 518 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Oct 10 2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, the voting for WG and SW VA was virtually tied, so the decision was made to opt for WG this time (by one vote) and SW VA next time.
So, that is more or less in line falls into what I was suggesting if we can incorporate the people from the western locations, including people like Matrix from the north, And TomMyra from the west, As well as Jim and Vktor from the south, in to the rotation, We will wind up with several possible outcomes:

1. NOTHING?

2. Splittered to the point that no one wants to drive even a few hours to spend time with a hand full of people?

3. A general consensus of the nucleus of past attendees that are willing to make a commitment that have made past events so much fun.

4. Advanced planning that commits people on the front end to attend to stabilizes the location, based on the geographic center of the attendees.

5. Let one person that is willing to "carry the ball" listen to the input from all up to a clearly stated cut off point and then run with it! And organize the event with those locally that are willing to help.

I know where I stand on this?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Oct 10 2005, 10:25 PM
So, that is more or less in line falls into what I was suggesting if we can incorporate the people from the western locations, including people like Matrix from the north, And TomMyra from the west, As well as Jim and Vktor from the south, in to the rotation, We will wind up with several possible outcomes:

1. NOTHING?

2. Splittered to the point that no one wants to drive even a few hours to spend time with a hand full of people?

3. A general consensus of the nucleus of past attendees that are willing to make a commitment that have made past events so much fun.

4. Advanced planning that commits people on the front end to attend to stabilizes the location, based on the geographic center of the attendees.

5. Let one person that is willing to "carry the ball" listen to the input from all up to a clearly stated cut off point and then run with it! And organize the event with those locally that are willing to help.

Matt,

I don't understand your post. What are you trying to say?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Oct 10 2005, 10:25 PM

1. NOTHING?

Does anyone else understand my post? Or, am I the one that (for once) is out in "left field" here?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04,Oct 10 2005, 10:19 PM
Did anyone besides me catch that there are two Matt's in this picture?

To which ever Matt made the suggestion of alternating...... I support it.
Dave,

Good catch there.

As for me, I suppose that many of you would suspect that their is only one Matt_in VA. In reality there is. But I am NOT as conservative as many of you think. But that is left for a different thread.

BTW, You missed a really fun time.

Regards,
Matt
Old 10-10-2005, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Oct 10 2005, 10:29 PM
Matt,

I don't understand your post. What are you trying to say?
I my comment and opinion in the interest of maintaining political harmony here.

I wonder if others understood what I was trying to convey? I will be "Silenced by the Lambs"
Old 10-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Oct 10 2005, 10:36 PM
Does anyone else understand my post? Or, am I the one that (for once) is out in "left field" here?
Matt,

I'm not trying to be funny, nor is this a question of left field or right field. I really don't know what the point of your post was. You mention 5 possible outcomes, outcomes to what? I'm just asking that you clarify where you are going with this post.

If you are suggesting that we alternate the locations, that is nothing new, and it is what many of us have been saying. I don't think you'd find very many people who are against that. As a matter of fact, that is one of the reasons the Vintage Gathering was held in Lake George. It is also, to the best of my knowledge why the Spring Fling is in upstate NY in '06 and sw VA in '07.

I just can't figure out what your 5 points mean. Each one seems to be saying something completely different from the others.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Oct 10 2005, 10:50 PM
Matt,

I'm not trying to be funny, nor is this a question of left field or right field. I really don't know what the point of your post was. You mention 5 possible outcomes, outcomes to what? I'm just asking that you clarify where you are going with this post.

If you are suggesting that we alternate the locations, that is nothing new, and it is what many of us have been saying. I don't think you'd find very many people who are against that. As a matter of fact, that is one of the reasons the Vintage Gathering was held in Lake George. It is also, to the best of my knowledge why the Spring Fling is in upstate NY in '06 and sw VA in '07.

I just can't figure out what your 5 points mean. Each one seems to be saying something completely different from the others.
Rob,

Let me sum it up this way.

Last night when I went back to the Rain Tree for dinner as one of the only two last of the "Mohicans" ( Ruined 2 and I ) still staying at the Still Bay. As I was sitting at the bar eating my salad a mother and daughter came in and sat at the end of the bar where I was sitting on Saturday night. They were staying across the street at the Clinton Inn (as you pointed out to me) They heard US from across the road and thought that it must have been a private party. So, there did not come over, where as they could have enjoyed our party.

Sometimes it takes a community to have a good time. But it also takes a leader to bring the community together. So, from there. You can draw which ever conclusion that you would like.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:35 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

HUH????????????????????????

Quick Reply: What makes a meet great? Part V