S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What do you wish you could do or do better?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:45 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts
Default What do you wish you could do or do better?

While reading the "What are you good at?" thread, I started to think instead of things I wish I could do or do better. While I could say things like solve world hunger, fix the economy, etc.... I'm thinking more about less ambitious things.

I wish I could play the guitar or sing. I love music and have always admired those who could play and sing music well.

I wish I could dance much better than I can (failed ballroom dancing a few times so far). I admire people like Dave (dlq04) who are really good on their fee.

I wish I could be more adventurous in what I am willing to try and eat. I've on occasion tried semi unusual food but generally don't.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

I'd love to be a realllllly good cook and I mean stuff other than southern cooking. I can manage that very well, but I'd like to be a realllly good cook. I'd like to be at ease in groups of people. Socializing has never been my forte. There are many more things that would end up boring everyone to pieces. I'll try to just insert as we go along.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:53 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Snow ski! Of course to do that means exercise, lose weight, and other things I don't do well.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Snow ski! Of course to do that means exercise, lose weight, and other things I don't do well.
ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH! Something else (all of the above) I'd like to be able to do.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 148 Likes on 97 Posts

Sing, I sound not so good.
Dance, I've only failed ballroom dancing once, but then again, I realized how bad I was at it.
Drive, I think I'm pretty good, but I would love to be great at it.

Everything else, I'm really good at. Okay, I'm not really good at a lot of other things, but I don't really care about those.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember names on the first introduction. I find this to be much harder than it used to be even though I try the repeat the name trick.

If they hang around long enough I'll eventually commit it to memory though.

Maybe that's not such a problem after all. There's only a limited amount of storage left and I suppose I should save it for people I will see again.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

One regret I have is that I didn't pursue singing more. I was in school and church choirs and had some solos, but it never went beyond that. Too much else going on, I guess. I'd like to be Michelle Pfeiffer in that great piano scene from The Fabulous Baker Boys where she sings Making Whoopie. Or some other fab torch singer.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

I'd like to be better at decorating/accessorizing my house. I have trouble pulling things together while my sister is excellent at that.

I would not mind being able to sew (see other thread ). Talent would be good, singing, dancing, and playing a musical instrument would be cool.

I'd like to get better at my amateur, amateur photography. That is one thing I'm working on. The singing dancing musical instrument will have to wait until I retire.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,033 Likes on 2,682 Posts

socializing, ah for the gift of the silver tongue, but I've sort of accepted it's not going to happen.

there was a time when I had delusions of shooting par. mind you there was very little supporting evidence that this was even feasible.
but that was before my knee went poof and some 40 lbs ago.

and as Chet pointed out, then there is this thing with names....
I've often thought we should all have out names tattooed on our forehead.

but I always wish to be a better dad and husband. You can never be too good at that.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,535 Likes on 1,914 Posts

I wish I could stand up for myself better. One of my relatives really gets to me and I need to speak up. It's going to happen. I'm working on it.

Quick Reply: What do you wish you could do or do better?