S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What to do about people like this?

Old 05-05-2004, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about people like this?

I just read another article about Anthony Whitfield. The quick version of the story is that this man has knowingly exposed 170 people to HIV. A few have tested positive.

It's beyond belief someone would intentionally expose people to this virus. If I were in charge of the world, he'd never see daylight again. It's maddening that the authorities seemingly allowed him the freedom to infect people.

But I suppose it does raise the question of what society is willing to do, and should do, to people like this guy who simply insist on exposing others to a deadly infection. Prison? Permanent quarantine in some state hospital? Some kind of permanent mark that identifies them as infected? Chemical castration (for men)? Do nothing and let the public take their chances? Do those exposed bear some responsibility?

/rant
Old 05-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

It never ceases to amaze me that people continue to practice unsafe sex knowing the possible consequences. In this instance I firmly believe this man should be charged with something more than assault -- he knowingly has placed the lives of all these women at risk -- is this not attempted murder??????
Old 05-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by valentine
It never ceases to amaze me that people continue to practice unsafe sex knowing the possible consequences.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:20 PM

Sadly, we have similar problems here...I agree with Darlene. This should be dealt with as attempted murder.

I also agree with Rob, people have to protect themselves, this does not make what this person did okay, but the other person has to assume some responsiblity for her actions...it was her choice after all (I know her choice would have been a different one if she knew the circumstances).
Old 05-05-2004, 07:32 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Well, first thing, everyone has to stop having sex with him. Second thing, he has to be forced to teach nerds how to talk to women. I mean com'mon, 170 women???
Old 05-06-2004, 06:51 AM

^^

Geeze, that probably shouldn't be funny, but it is.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:05 PM

Send him to Iraq for trial along with a bunch of reservists who were guarding prisoners in Guantanamo.

Gerry