S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Is a vote for Kerry a vote for terrorism?

Old 10-21-2004, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go look around any military base, brant you live in WA go to ft. lewis or Mchord and what signs do you see all over and on the freeway? Bush/Cheney. None of kerry.

Also there were 2 polls done on active military and Bush had a lead 4 to1. Need I find those to satisfy you? We need to have s2ki poll to
Old 10-21-2004, 10:42 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

What is a "vetran"
Old 10-21-2004, 10:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 21 2004, 10:58 PM
mike again can you prove he avoided war? Just left wing bomb throwing. Were you there? Did you see him personally? If not than you cannot prove anything. He served in the guard flew jets which is better than going off to canada ala Bill Clinton.

When did military become a criteria for being a president???

If you want to go to the avoidance issue on Bush, lets talk about how Kerry first applied to go to france and got declined and then the swift boat controversy and his fake wounds. Threw his medals away and hung out with Jane Fonda. The North Vietnamese I belive have a moument or some sort of tribute to him. The South Vietnamese who settled largely in California resent Kerry very much also. I belive an article came out today about that issue.

I will not go into more detail because I do not belive Vietnam should play a relevant issue and it should be based on the candidates records.

BTW Who do vast majority military soldiers support? Who is the candidate the large majoirty of vetrans are supporting? Bush.
I wish I could say "you've got to be joking," but I know you aren't. This is a classic example of the "big lie" technique in action. Bush was 100% incredibly vulnerable on the Vietnam issue. Not only did he dodge the war, but he then dodged his cushy National Guard service. He managed to get himself some kind of permission to skip his service and go work on a political campaign in another state. His worst fear, when running as a "war president" was to go up against an actual veteran.

That's why he slimed McCain four years ago, and that's why this "Swift Boat Veteran" thing was started up to neutralize Kerry's natural advantage. In other threads on this forum you also see people asking for "full disclosure of Kerry's records" etc. Almost like it was Bush who had been wounded serving in Vietnam, while Kerry had been dodging.

And no, I don't think serving in the military is a prerequisite for being President. But I'm just pissed off by the slimeball tactics Bush has used against McCain and Kerry. And I'm pissed off when people parrot statements that Kerry will be "weak against terror" and "soft on defense" when they are talking about a discharged veteran and comparing him with a country-club wannabe jet jock.

At least Clinton never downplayed Bush Sr.'s or Dole's war records. He never tried to slime their service. He just said it was irrelevant to the future. But then again he wasn't trying to run as a war candidate either.

Oh, and Clinton didn't go to Canada. Not unless Oxford suddenly moved to Canada when I wasn't looking.

Silver, you spout a lot of stuff but it's not clear you really think about any of it. Or that you care whether it is right or wrong, as long as it fits your preferences. And for that matter, unlike the rest of us you are the right age to be serving in the military right now. If this cause is so just, why aren't you in Iraq?
Old 10-21-2004, 10:50 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ Righton, Mike!

Draft the Bush Twins!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 21 2004, 11:37 PM
Go look around any military base, brant you live in WA go to ft. lewis or Mchord and what signs do you see all over and on the freeway? Bush/Cheney. None of kerry.

Also there were 2 polls done on active military and Bush had a lead 4 to1. Need I find those to satisfy you? We need to have s2ki poll to
I was just down that way about 4 hours ago and saw a fairly even distribution of Kerry and Bush signs, actually...

Please note that I didn't quote the active duty part of your post...I've seen the same polls and never doubted that the majority of active duty military support Bush. The military has long been considered predominantly Republican.

My question was about vetrans. I wasn't aware that the majority supported Bush. The distribution I've noticed (albeit not scientific) has seemed somewhat evenly divided on the issue.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lig,Oct 21 2004, 11:50 PM
Draft the Bush Twins!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by brantshali,Oct 22 2004, 02:22 AM
Really? This is news to me. Is this a fact or another example of your opinion as fact?
It's another example of uninformed opinion presented as fact. Vets are split nearly down the middle with 42% in favor of Kerry.

Dean
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 22 2004, 01:58 AM
I will not go into more detail because I do not belive Vietnam should play a relevant issue and it should be based on the candidates records.

BTW Who do vast majority military soldiers support? Who is the candidate the large majoirty of vetrans are supporting? Bush.
How convenient, you throw the subject of Viet Nam into the fray and then dismiss its relevancy when you run out of "facts". Perhaps you skipped school the day the war in Viet Nam was covered in History class? I lived it, so get your facts straight.

Again, you are clearly demonstrating your ignorance on the subject. *Every* poll that I have seen has indicated that vets are nearly evenly divided in their support.

Dean
Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 AM

Actually I could go on and on and on about Vietnam. Just wanted to throw a counter argument out there to the Bush draft "controversy" which again I think Vietnam should play no role in this election.

I love your "spin" on everything I say You Kerry supporters. To many Kerry supporters on this thread I give up hopeless
Old 10-22-2004, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 22 2004, 12:22 PM
Actually I could go on and on and on about Vietnam. Just wanted to throw a counter argument out there to the Bush draft "controversy" which again I think Vietnam should play no role in this election.

I love your "spin" on everything I say You Kerry supporters. To many Kerry supporters on this thread I give up hopeless
I'm quite sure that you "could go on and on about Vietnam" as you seem to enjoy wallowing in your own ignorance on a public forum. Your efforts would be better spent on doing some research on the subject rather than on your post count. It's all too apparent that you have nothing meaningful to contribute to this thread other than some comedic relief, and even that has grown predictable and tiresome.

Dean

Quick Reply: Is a vote for Kerry a vote for terrorism?