S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Is a vote for Kerry a vote for terrorism?

Old 10-21-2004, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 19 2004, 11:47 PM
I don't agree Sadamn was a brutal murderer. Killed hundreds of thousands and would still be doing so, do you disagree?
..probably true, but if he was so terrible, why didn't our liberation forces stroll through the country with ease? They might have hated Sadam, but that doesn't mean they want the infidel armies rolling across their country. Also, how many did we kill to oust him? I'm not defending Sadam and his practices, but I don't condone our actions in this matter. In a perfect world we wouldn't be involved with the Arabian Penninsula at all and wouldn't have Al-Qaeda in a fuss over our presence. Ironically though, this is an automotive forum, and I like my petroleum based fuel as much as the rest of you do, so I suppose long live conflict..
Old 10-21-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 21 2004, 03:15 PM
War is part of human nature, its there and it happens. You can either give up and submit Kerry* or you can fight.
Silver, I'm curious: are you even capable of seeing the irony in supporting a "warrior" who dodged a war over a "peacenik" who volunteered to fight in that same war?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 19 2004, 06:17 PM
People are smarter than that and can see above it.
Individuals can be smart, but unfortunately, people are generally pretty stupid. (At least on the enlightenment scale)

The politics of fear and division usually win out over common sense.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Oct 21 2004, 06:31 PM
Silver, I'm curious: are you even capable of seeing the irony in supporting a "warrior" who dodged a war over a "peacenik" who volunteered to fight in that same war?
Well put!!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:04 PM

The Arabian peninsula was originally divided up by England in order to foster squabbles, and keep the indigenous peoples from becoming strong. We're reaping the 'benefits' of that great idea now.

One reason I've heard why the "end" of the war has been so messy is because of Pakistan's surprise decision to not allow our army to assemble in their country and push down from the North. Had that happened, we would have mopped up many more of these Baathists and general bad people. Heck, If I were a member of the Bath party for 20 years and had a cushy job, I might just want to foster some unrest within the country.

That said, the current administration has done an amazing tight rope walk, toppling Saddam, helping the Iraqis, keeping the surrounding countries from trying a political (or otherwise) powergrab, and doing their best to protect our troops. And there hasn't been an attack here.

In that time John Kerry has held four or five different positions on the war. By the way, who's going to be in his cabinet? Do we get Leon Panetta again? Madame Albright?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 21 2004, 12:27 PM
No it doesn't. Whatever he says is not credible. How can you defend him when he didnt vote for the 1st Iraq war?????????? I mean a nation got invaded and we had UN support and world wide support yet he still says no. Why doesn't someone defend him on this issue?? Hes anti war, look at this protests on Vietnam. Hes a pacifier. Come on lets hear your explanations on his vote for the Iraq war.....

Look at his record that explains it all.

Bush/Cheney 2004!! 4 more years
How does it not explain it and why, exactly is everything he says automatically not credible?

I'm not defending his vote on the first Gulf War. I'm actually passing no judgement on it one way or the other. I honestly don't know why he voted against that war, but I would be interested to hear his reasoning.

Which war in Iraq are you asking me to defend him on? The first or the current? What exactly would you like me to explain?

Actually, his record is far more complex than just the vote counts. By the same token, despite how simple the Bush stance appears, there is likely more beneath the surface.

Few things in life are simple...with the possible exception of some people's minds...
Old 10-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Morris,Oct 21 2004, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't have put it quite so strongly, but yes, that's what I would like explained. Brantshali, that doesn't clarify it. I don't want to mince words, or interpretations, I want to know why he said no to the first time, considering what he says now, or what he wants you to think he says.
Fair enough. Unfortunately, I don't have that answer for you. For whatever reason, it's a specific topic that hadn't come up in my discussions with the Kerry campaign.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:58 PM

mike again can you prove he avoided war? Just left wing bomb throwing. Were you there? Did you see him personally? If not than you cannot prove anything. He served in the guard flew jets which is better than going off to canada ala Bill Clinton.

When did military become a criteria for being a president???

If you want to go to the avoidance issue on Bush, lets talk about how Kerry first applied to go to france and got declined and then the swift boat controversy and his fake wounds. Threw his medals away and hung out with Jane Fonda. The North Vietnamese I belive have a moument or some sort of tribute to him. The South Vietnamese who settled largely in California resent Kerry very much also. I belive an article came out today about that issue.

I will not go into more detail because I do not belive Vietnam should play a relevant issue and it should be based on the candidates records.

BTW Who do vast majority military soldiers support? Who is the candidate the large majoirty of vetrans are supporting? Bush.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:16 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

What about what the Iraqis think? 25% support the invasion. 68% do not.

And this misbegotten invasion is the best recruiting tool ever for radical Muslims.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 21 2004, 10:58 PM
Who is the candidate the large majoirty of vetrans are supporting? Bush.
Really? This is news to me. Is this a fact or another example of your opinion as fact?

Quick Reply: Is a vote for Kerry a vote for terrorism?