S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Is a vote for Kerry a vote for terrorism?

Old 10-21-2004, 11:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr,Oct 21 2004, 07:19 AM
Bin who? You mean the man we haven't heard from since afganistan? If he is alive, he seems to be effectively suppressed and becoming more so everyday. Thanks GW
Dream on.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brantshali,Oct 21 2004, 09:21 AM
The Pakistani military says they're cleaning up their frontiers, but something deep inside me makes me question their motives. If it's true, this is a good thing, but something makes me think it's false bravado.
The Pakis are about as reliable as the Shah Of Iran. Yes, they are our allies. And they are very reluctant to openly oppose us. But they are very unpopular with the Islamic radicals among their own people, so the last thing they want is any excuse for an Islamic uprising. In other words, if they know where Bin Laden is, they are deliberately looking the other way. They would love to have him captured -- as long as it isn't on their soil. For that reason, I'm pretty certain he's in Pakistan.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brantshali,Oct 21 2004, 10:44 AM
Not to nit-pick, nor to defend his earlier vote, but Kerry never said that UN support would automatically mean it was the right thing to do in his mind. What Kerry has said (in my interpretation) is that having support of the international community would aid in our efforts abroad should we decide to take action.

Does this clarify at all?
No it doesn't. Whatever he says is not credible. How can you defend him when he didnt vote for the 1st Iraq war?????????? I mean a nation got invaded and we had UN support and world wide support yet he still says no. Why doesn't someone defend him on this issue?? Hes anti war, look at this protests on Vietnam. Hes a pacifier. Come on lets hear your explanations on his vote for the Iraq war.....

Look at his record that explains it all.

Bush/Cheney 2004!! 4 more years
Old 10-21-2004, 11:36 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

I wouldn't have put it quite so strongly, but yes, that's what I would like explained. Brantshali, that doesn't clarify it. I don't want to mince words, or interpretations, I want to know why he said no to the first time, considering what he says now, or what he wants you to think he says.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 21 2004, 03:27 PM
No it doesn't. Whatever he says is not credible. How can you defend him when he didnt vote for the 1st Iraq war?????????? I mean a nation got invaded and we had UN support and world wide support yet he still says no. Why doesn't someone defend him on this issue?? Hes anti war, look at this protests on Vietnam. Hes a pacifier. Come on lets hear your explanations on his vote for the Iraq war.....

Silverknight,

Do you mean pacifist? You speak as if war is a great and glorious expedition, a carnival. It is not.

Morris,

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a good answer, and I will not try. Is the man perfect, no, he is not. Is he better than the man he is running against? Yes, I believe he is.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Morris,Oct 21 2004, 02:38 PM
Rob and Dean- Kerry has said that he thinks the invasion of Iraq by W was wrong, and was without authority of the UN and without support and backing of other nations (or words to that affect). How does that square with the fact that he voted NO to the first war with Iraq, after they invaded Kuwait, and the UN and most nations were all for action? Isn't that a contradiction by Kerry? (some would say a flip-flop) I am truly confused by his comments. Can you explain them?
(ps I still haven't decided who to vote for)
Dean, I'll let Rob field this one. Kerry fell off my radar in the early '70's, and I didn't pick him up again until he decided to run for president. I haven't been ambitious enough to review his position on the first war in Iraq, so I honestly don't know what his rationale was.

Dean
Old 10-21-2004, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Oct 21 2004, 03:27 PM

Do you have a valid point to make, or do you just like to see yourself type?

Dean
Old 10-21-2004, 12:03 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Rob and Dean, thank you both for honest answers. It does bother me because I don't know what to expect if he is elected.
I know! I'll vote for Jeb Bartlett. Oh, wait, he's a democrat....
Old 10-21-2004, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morris,Oct 21 2004, 04:03 PM
Rob and Dean, thank you both for honest answers. It does bother me because I don't know what to expect if he is elected.
I know! I'll vote for Jeb Bartlett. Oh, wait, he's a democrat....
Since you're still undecided you should research Kerry's positon, then fill me in on the details.

Dean
Old 10-21-2004, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Oct 21 2004, 02:46 PM
Silverknight,

Do you mean pacifist? You speak as if war is a great and glorious expedition, a carnival. It is not.

Morris,

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a good answer, and I will not try. Is the man perfect, no, he is not. Is he better than the man he is running against? Yes, I believe he is.
Why?

Quick Reply: Is a vote for Kerry a vote for terrorism?