S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

voluntary euthanasia

Old 08-18-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Relating to Starbrd's statement -

We just got back from Discovery Cove in Orlando (you get to swim with dolphins, rays, and tons of fish) where our family of 4 and my brother-in-law's family of 4 all spent the past few days together. This was a trip my parent-in-laws TOLD us we were taking about 30 days before my mother-in-law passed. To say my in-laws enjoyed diving together and being around the water would be an understatement. Mom wanted the "grandbabies" to get a taste of it on her dime and we WILL do this period.

So, we did it and we made sure all 4 kids knew this was all happening because of their Grandma and Grandpa. The 4 adults even toasted a brew in Mom's honor within the first few moments of being there and then we did another that evening with all 8 of us to end the night. Mom will always live on in memories, thoughts, stories, and prayer. Yes....a choke up moment did happen a number of times the past few days needless to say but it was a good thing of course.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 AM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by Never Quit,Aug 18 2009, 01:58 PM
Relating to Starbrd's statement -

We just got back from Discovery Cove in Orlando (you get to swim with dolphins, rays, and tons of fish) where our family of 4 and my brother-in-law's family of 4 all spent the past few days together. This was a trip my parent-in-laws TOLD us we were taking about 30 days before my mother-in-law passed. To say my in-laws enjoyed diving together and being around the water would be an understatement. Mom wanted the "grandbabies" to get a taste of it on her dime and we WILL do this period.

So, we did it and we made sure all 4 kids knew this was all happening because of their Grandma and Grandpa. The 4 adults even toasted a brew in Mom's honor within the first few moments of being there and then we did another that evening with all 8 of us to end the night. Mom will always live on in memories, thoughts, stories, and prayer. Yes....a choke up moment did happen a number of times the past few days needless to say but it was a good thing of course.
memory for you, and your children.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Just catching up on this thread and I wanted to thank all that have shared their thought-provoking comments.

3 out of 4 of our parents passed away fairly peacefully and/or quickly....very lucky they were. My MIL was not so lucky; she refused any treatment for cancer (probably lymphatic) and got her wish to pass away in her own apartment. Kathy (an RN) and her sister provided 24/7 bedside care, with the help of a couple other paid helpers...plus a wonderful Hospice Care folks. She did receive morphine as needed, but was fully alert until her last hours on this earth....passing away at 92.

I'm going to send a link to this thread to my 30 something daughter, who is an RN with an M.Div....now working as a Hospice Chaplain in the Boston area. Talk about a heavy duty calling.... she could add some "real stories" to this thread.